Alleged OS X 10.10 with Control Center, Visual Tweaks, and More Shown in Blurry Photos [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 1, 2014.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

I'm unimpressed. It's uninspired and looks like a basic 90's system. First there was too much skeumorphism and now too little, there should be a balance. If the windows lose shadowing and definition, it'll take some adjusting to distinguish windows on top of one another (esp. as there didn't seem to be much of a border).

Don't get me started on the Control Center left side slide out panel or the 10.4/iOS 7 dock. Don't go skeumorphic but bring back some polish. This should be named OS X 10.10 Mojave Desert, it seems to have about the same life.

2. Major General macrumors member

Major General

Not liking those icons + flatness

Attached Files:

3. Casstiel macrumors member

I have the horrible feeling that this WWDC will be a huge, boring disappointment. When Cook announces it's the end of the show, I'll think "Seriously? This is it? Why did I look forward to this for months?".

4. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

This is truly horrible.
    I wonder if apple is planning to release a ipad pro that runs full osx?

5. WalterTizzano macrumors regular

WalterTizzano

3D dock is awesome. 2D dock is SO old-fashioned. It reminds me Tiger…

6. iTurbo macrumors regular

Yes, of course! I am really into turbo Dodges of the '80s actually! I am a car guy and absolutely love the Shelby Dodges and "K-cars".

I love Apple and OSX. I am just mystified by the whole 10.10 thing because I upgraded to Mavericks and didn't notice much. I am not a power user though....Carry on....sorry to interrupt.

7. McFreggle macrumors 6502a

McFreggle

Reminds me a bit of this:

[​IMG]

Kinda flat too.
    It's all coming back, baby.

8. MacJones macrumors 6502

I'm off till the tenth but even if I was working tomorrow I'd still be following all the rumors. Thanks for asking...

9. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Wow, you sleep on a pre-WWDC night? I usually find myself wide-awake at 3-4am franticly looking for my iPhone or quietly turning on the :apple:TV to watch the stream :D

10. MacSince1990 macrumors 65816

MacSince1990

Because no one told you OS X is now free? ;)

11. DiabBarca macrumors regular

DiabBarca

I still remember when I didn't like iOS 7 flatness on the keynote, but when I installed the beta I removed my screen protecter just to enjoy looking at its gorgeousness. I believe the same thing will happen to me again with OS X.

12. Serban Suspended

So like was windows 8 when released...with big intended for touch screen...so we should expect that ipad pro ??? Please no apple, Tim you said last year that others are confuse and making tablets into notebooks...now what are you doing with this ipad pro?

13. kissmo macrumors 6502a

But remember to remove the screen protector :)

In the end - we will see how it feels.
    I don't like the look of it but it's just a tool.

Cheers!

14. iTurbo macrumors regular

Following rumors here too. I think you missed my point. But I have to miss all the fun tomorrow while I retile a shower enclosure. Thanks for asking.

15. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Yup. Interesting to see if the genie effect has been replaced with another style of animation. Hopefully a mouse-over effect where it slightly raises or expands. A static non-animated dock would be even more disappointing..

16. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Translucent effect windows should be consistent or at least make sense as to why some black some white.

17. MacJones macrumors 6502

You'll probably be checking your phone between each tile ;) lol

18. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

19. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Not really. Not sure how notification center and control center means OS X tablet.

20. Serban Suspended

i want the animated weather from iphone to be in this too

21. iTurbo macrumors regular

Possibly maybe :)

22. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

a cleaner and simpler design is most welcom in my eyes. I like iOS7 and I like it not to be more gradients and effects than nescessary and rather have those effects visible be more sophisticated.
    But, I dont understand if they make the dock a square again. I like the dock being smaller below the app icons so that it doesnt take up space when you have an open app. because I never use an app in fullscreen, and I assume most doesn´t so the dock should take up as little of the screenspace as psosible while still being easily accessible. .

23. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

24. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

I'm still thinking it's a fake. Apple is known for intentionally releasing faked screenshots (or even early concept screenshots that didn't make the cut) to throw people off. For all we know, this could be a decoy and the real thing's completely different.

If not, then it's most likely a very early concept, because of the icons, Mavericks background, and other elements. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow, what we're seeing will be different.

Who knows...we'll find out tomorrow.