Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechGuy848

Suspended
Jul 25, 2017
if dwight turns out like the junkyard people, i'll stop watching. Too much traitors bringing the group down lol. idk how else theyre ever going to survive

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I highly doubt the writers will stray that far from the role Dwight plays in the comics. I'll not mention the specifics because I don't want to spoil anything, but my guess is that his character will pretty much remain the same between the two mediums.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
So what is everyone's take on the final scenes of the trailer with Rick and the long beard in the hospital bed, with the flowers?

Apparently it's supposed to be indicative of a huge time jump post all out war when Rick is severely injured, hence the cane by the bed.

Or maybe he's really just waking up from his zombie filled nightmare and S8 is the wrap up! Enter Shane, Lori, Dale and everyone else we lost along the way for curtain call! Haha!

Reactions: AlliFlowers

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What @CaptMarvel said is consistent with the story line in the comics so we'll have to see if that's where they take the show. That was a good teaser trailer, very exciting. The Morgan vs Jesus fight in the woods looks intense.

skinsone

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2006
Or maybe he's really just waking up from his zombie filled nightmare and S8 is the wrap up! Enter Shane, Lori, Dale and everyone else we lost along the way for curtain call! Haha!

And it will be a "Lost" again :mad::mad:o_O . I will be so pissed if this happens to another favorite show.

At least it appears most of our favorite characters are still in the fight. I'm hoping that with Negan banging Lucille on the table it's because Eugene and Dwight pulled off their betrayal and are actually on Ricks side.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
So what is everyone's take on the final scenes of the trailer with Rick and the long beard in the hospital bed, with the flowers?

i think rick being on the bed means he will be hurt after the war plus his arm will be cut off like in the comics. remembr when negan told him that he will cut his arm off if he continues to rebel against him. then rick will become a cyborg & join SkyNet and becomes bad and will destroy all humans and zombies

TechGuy848

Suspended
Jul 25, 2017
the son lost his eye and now the dad would lose his arm -.- okay enough spoiling ,i'm losing it already

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
the son lost his eye and now the dad would lose his arm -.- okay enough spoiling ,i'm losing it already
In the comics Rick lost his arm much earlier in the story and it had nothing to do with Negan or the Saviors. I think I remember hearing or reading somewhere that the writers didn't want to go that direction in the TV show because of how much more complicated it would make production whether it be makeup, CGI, effects, etc.. So, I highly doubt that we are going to see Rick lose his arm. Carl losing his eye is consistent with the comics and they kept that part for the TV show.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 8 Premier Tomorrow Night. I’m kinda excited! :)

B2B183A2-5BAC-4E85-A7DC-D3D18AC5353B.jpeg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Watching the Season 7 Expanded Final an extra 30 min of wonderfullness and to revive my memory, before the Season 8 Premier. :p

- First bonus scene, ehh.
- How many minutes of air are there in a coffin? I realize the person in question took poison, but this trip was described as a couple of hours...

Last edited:
Reactions: Centaurr

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
S8, E1.

Finally, happy feels.

Mental acuity when it pays off has got to be one of the most rewarding and intimidating. Watching their scouting and plan unfold courtesy of Dwight’s assistance was indeed bad ass.

Tara, Daryl, Carol & Morgan = Four Horsemen :eek:

Rick was basking in his confidence and glowing. Finally Negan was warming his piece of humble pie and didn’t even know it. I just wish Negan would actually get wounded. Once again it seemed like he’s unscathed.

(How did Negan end up on the ground in Gregory territory? I thought everyone ran inside? Maybe I blinked.)

Poor Father G.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 8 Ep1 Mercy-
I’m glad Morgan has arrived at a place where survival morality sometimes requires homicide. ;)
The Chess pieces are in motion! :) Just waiting now for the first setback...
[doublepost=1508728025][/doublepost]
S8, E1.

Finally, happy feels.

Mental acuity when it pays off has got to be one of the most rewarding and intimidating. Watching their scouting and plan unfold courtesy of Dwight’s assistance was indeed bad ass.

Tara, Daryl, Carol & Morgan = Four Horsemen :eek:

Rick was basking in his confidence and glowing. Finally Negan was warming his piece of humble pie and didn’t even know it. I just wish Negan would actually get wounded. Once again it seemed like he’s unscathed.

(How did Negan end up on the ground in Gregory territory? I thought everyone ran inside? Maybe I blinked.)

Poor Father G.
The Minister (or is he a Priest?) has come a long way in this series, growing quite a bit. Fingers crossed for a good outcome but realistically not planning on it.

Reactions: jkcerda

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Season 8 Ep1 Mercy-
I’m glad Morgan has arrived at a place where survival morality sometimes requires homicide. ;)
The Chess pieces are in motion! :) Just waiting now for the first setback...
[doublepost=1508728025][/doublepost]
The Minister (or is he a Priest?) has come a long way in this series, growing quite a bit. Fingers crossed for a good outcome but realistically not planning on it.

At first the brooding music confused me, I thought it was a gunshot as the camera panned upwards but realized it was a pattern in the music score. Ha. Father G lives another day.

STILL, realistically Rick would have at least wounded or could have just ran up and killed Negan. Out of all the practice these people have with guns and you mean to tell me even though Negan was behind something with enough openings he couldn’t hit him in the leg or anything? Then, albeit he’s still somewhat a coward, Father Gabriel could have done the same thing. He could have unloaded the whole clip into Negan instead of trading conversational pieces once in the trailer condo o_O I mean, I understand it’s to advance the story but c’mon, it’s still got to be a just little bit more believable. I still thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Father G better say his prayers.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
At first the brooding music confused me, I thought it was a gunshot as the camera panned upwards but realized it was a pattern in the music score. Ha. Father G lives another day.

STILL, realistically Rick would have at least wounded or could have just ran up and killed Negan. Out of all the practice these people have with guns and you mean to tell me even though Negan was behind something with enough openings he couldn’t hit him in the leg or anything? Then, albeit he’s still somewhat a coward, Father Gabriel could have done the same thing. He could have unloaded the whole clip into Negan instead of trading conversational pieces once in the trailer condo o_O I mean, I understand it’s to advance the story but c’mon, it’s still got to be a just little bit more believable. I still thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Father G better say his prayers.
It would have been way to simple if during the negotiations, someone in the back had their sniper rifle trained on Negan and popped him. It had better of been a head shot though, he may have body armor on.

Reactions: jkcerda

TechGuy848

Suspended
Jul 25, 2017
I think it's a great start. I would've lost it if one of the tenured characters died on the season premier. They can die on the next ;););) i do wish the hilltop leader turns though:mad::mad::mad::mad:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I thought the season opener was good. As many have said it is great to see the group jump into action. I'm anxious to see how the tv show will go as compared to the comics.

You and me both...... Wondering how long they will keep the fight going, given how long the story arc was in the comics. I am kinda looking forward to the whisper story line! Yes I know I am jumping ahead, but damn it, I like what they are doing and want to see how they handle the next story arc!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
hey guys, so what happened in the first episode? i couldnt see it, give me spoilers (its permitted here)
It was all just a dream and Rick finally woke up for real from the coma he was in back in the very first episode.

;)

1022342.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It was one of those things that crossed my mind as soon as I saw that in one of the season 8 trailers a little while back.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
hey guys, so what happened in the first episode? i couldnt see it, give me spoilers (its permitted here)
Basically, the all out war started with rick leading one group to first try and reason with negan and when that failed, they started shouting. No one died. Ricks other groups took out a lot of negans look outs and they attacked some other of negans hide outs as well. When rick and his group retreated from negans main place (part of the attack was leading walkers to the hide out)the priest got separated because he stayed to save the old leader of the hilltop who was loyal to Negan. The old leader then got in the priest car without him and left him there. Priest ran from walkers and locked himself in a shipping container and it turned out Negan was in there. Negan made a time to **** your pants joke and the episode ended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.