Annoyed? Apple store release is one day later than mail-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jun 22, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Anyone else a bit annoyed that if you made a reservation to get the iPhone 4 on opening day, partly so you could be the first anywhere to get it, you are now getting it 1 day later than others who aren't anywhere near an Apple store and/or chose mail-order?

Kind of takes a bit of the excitement away from the hassle of rushing to an Apple store on release day and waiting in the reservation line.

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I wouldn't worry about the line... its still going to be total madness between the people who reserved and those that couldn't reserve and are just camping out.

3. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Cry about it. I have an in-store reservation and don't give a crap - you shouldn't either.

Oh no, sombeody else on the internet has a phone 12 hours before me!

4. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Should have been smart and pre-ordered for shipping to house.

/TheEnd

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I can see how you feel like it takes away from the excitement but it truly will make it a better experience for everyone. It will really cut down on the activation issues you would have in store so hopefully they can get people in and out faster.

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

7. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

I mean, lets be fair about this... in my case (delivery on 23rd BY 3:00pm), I'm going to have it AT LEAST 16 hours before him, if not more.

8. Raikun macrumors regular

I think it's selfish to be annoyed at them. Many people, like you said, don't live near an apple store.

9. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

No cause the phone I'm picking up on the 24th is my girlfriends anyway. Plus I have to work. So I won't be picking up my reserve till like 5. So I'm hoping this early delivery lightens up the load on the servers by then. Plus I'll enjoy reading everyones comments about the phone tomorrow well I'm at work. However if I read on Thursday that white iPhones are available for walk ins I'll be pissed I didn't take the day off.

10. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

Once you have it, after a month, no one is going to care if you got it one day 1 or day 2.

11. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Exactly, it's not even close to a big deal, and to whine about it is just sad.

As stated on the front page, it makes sense given all the issues that occurred with the 3GS coming out. Split up the release over 2 days and you can deal with some of the orders early.

12. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

No. I have a reserve and look forward to grabbing mine on the 24th. I'm actually glad people are getting them early as it will hopefully lead to less issues with activation.

13. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Isn't it obvious that Apple does not want people lining up, and camping out at their stores?? Simple, be smart and preorder to be delivered. :)

14. jayenh macrumors 6502

the ones that do live near an apple store should go stand near the queue with their shiney new iphone 4's, just to rub it in....

really, its a phone, does it matter who is the first person in the world to get one? within half a day everyone who ordered one will likely have one... whats the big deal?

15. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

I'm actually happy that some folks will get there's on Wednesday and I ordered extremely early in the morning also and should be part of that delivery. But it will help AT&T in the long run as the activations on Thursday could be a mess. If it helps there than it is all good as far as I am concerned.

16. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I'm taking my i4 to the apple store tomorrow and will place it on the table with the old iPhones and will step back a bit. :eek:

See if I can create a little exitement...... :D

Of course my name is in it to prove I own it.

j/k

17. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I would only be annoyed if the date was pushed back. They told me the 24th so that's what I was expecting... I mean, there's that "awe man" factor but I'm not freaking out... I think I will only be pissed when I drive 5 hours away to the 2nd nearest Apple store to find out they won't have white... I'm in denial right now and still gonna take the risk. :eek: :apple:

18. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Relax, the OP is probably 15 years old. He wanted to be first in school with the phone.

19. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Who cares? If it helps keep the activation problems down to a minimum I wouldn't care if people started getting them today.

20. frenchie0101 macrumors 6502

im pretty ok about it, theres a great atmosphere at a apple store launch anyway, you aint getting that at home are you

21. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

There's nothing exciting about rushing to an apple store, hassling, and standing in line for hours sorry. I tried a few times to pre-order online for home delivery on the 15th but quickly gave up when I saw the server issues. I was finally able to order for July 2nd delivery date on the 16th in the evening. Anyway why would it bother you that others get it first? It's only one day.

22. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I LOVE it. Black fridays are a dream to me... lol, no sarcasm. I just love the excitement and (frantic-ment? lol) of it all.

23. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Been smart? How is preordering vs. reserving "smart"? Yeah, it'd be really "smart" for me to have an iPhone delivered to my home while I'm at work so someone can steal it before I get home. Also, some people couldn't get the phone preordered... they were stuck with reserving. Think before you post.

And I'm not very worried about the 23rd/24th thing. I'm also not 100% certain people will actually receive them on the 23rd. In years past, FedEx held on to the packages so they'd be delivered on the 24th. Do we know that this won't be happening again this year?

24. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just maybe Apple will send out emails late today saying pre orders can come the 23ed or 24th to pickup. Remember in order to divide up Apple would need to wait until near the last minute to announce since the news would spread like wild fire.

25. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

This is really pathetic. For the first time in my life I'm sympathizing w/ the Soup Nazi. Some of you people are just sad in the the minute things that piss you off. You should be ordering Prozac, not phones.