Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hallouminati

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
As I suspect many have on here, I’ve been with Apple for many years now and am becoming more frustrated with what is happening with designs and pricing (certainly in Australia). I have -also become more frustrated with how badly Siri internet’s my request and have purchased some decent Sony speakers that use Google Assistant that is never wrong. If even I’m feeling that way after so many years, Apple need to be really careful with this new phone as they could lose many customers that don’t have loyalty.

I had a quick look at the Pixel 3a yesterday, which is 70% cheaper than my Xs, (granted different specs) and it’s really quite good, and the camera is superb. Pretty sure I’d move over if it wasn’t for thousands of dollars of iTunes movies and apps etc. Oh, and syncing with my iPad. And Apple Watch. And Apple TV. And MacBook. Oh, and iMac. Ok, what else have the romans ever done for us?

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2018
So stupid if this is true.

They mind as well make the case flush and add that much more battery, not only will it look better but the battery life will probably be a few hours greater too.

Guda.FL

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
I will reserve it for in person feel. We almost always talk how ugly the design is yet we pre order.

Reactions: hagjohn

Classie

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2018
Sweden
There were some rumors about a black coating, possibly making the lenses “invisible”... or am I remembering incorrectly? That would look cool and “new”

Anyhow, this design will, as with all other design changes, soon be forgotten.

Souponastick270

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2016
Citadel Island
Why are the camera lenses so big ? They've never been that oversized and the X/XR/XS have pretty good cameras. Even my current 7+ doesn't have lenses that big and is still taking good pictures.

Morgenland

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2009
Europe
New food for MacRumors. LOL. I'm just bored of these Gurman-like 'authentic' Photoshop/rendering freaks.

ee.jpg

Last edited:

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
There were some rumors about a black coating, possibly making the lenses “invisible”... or am I remembering incorrectly? That would look cool and “new”

Anyhow, this design will, as with all other design changes, soon be forgotten.
I don't see much of the lenses on my X. Just ignore the bad renderings.

terpsbball2002

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2017
Random Question, I can't seem to find it on the web.

Has anyone asked Tim Cook why they keep doing this bump and not just increase the phone body thickness by a 1 1/2 millimeters?

Reactions: jimmy_uk

saudade

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2015
I gonna buy it cause look gr8 and super wide camera will make cool pixs 4 my instagram followers. Also females will note it’s expensive cause more cameras more bucks u have 2 spend with them so it’s a win win and i gonna buy it hope they make the gold version or even a shiny platinum diamond style version no problem with price imo

Reactions: Jbusick7944

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
As if only Apple can make those molds.

Honestly, it doesn't even look bad, I just don't like how the Xr doesn't have a proper square.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I miss the days when leaks were not so predictable and watching a keynote was exciting to see.

McTool

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2016
Makes no difference to me. I'm more concerned about camera performance and image quality. And I've yet to be let down with the iPhones I've used.
Apparently not. Otherwise you wouldn’t be concerned about the camera performance.

rippley5150

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2015
Sterling VA
Oh the humanity, please Apple, think of the children. I don't get it. It's like the writer who was outraged that the SF Giants put baseballs in the Stanley Cup at batting practice. I don't get the outrage.

acocke

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I just can't help but see that bump as a 20mm or how ever big mm it is Apple Watch face with camera lenses in it now. Do I want a Apple Watch camera bump on the back of my phone now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.