Another positive battery life thread

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by phreebsd, Oct 2, 2013.

1. phreebsd macrumors regular

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380760641.745324.jpg
    I think this is pretty good for today.

I
    Actually got to 9 hours usage at 12 percent but the phone crashed to black apple screen and my stats were lost.

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Here you go ... i'll cover for your 9 hr status ...

[​IMG]

3. fifi77 macrumors regular

I am SO pleased with mine. This is it as of yesterday after only being accidentally plugged in to my car cable for about 20 seconds (I meant to use my aux cable as I was seeing how the battery was doing). Other than that, it hadn't been plugged in since the last full charge. Amazing!

Usage included texts, a couple of calls, a couple of hours of music, lots of Twitter (including notifications) and web browsing. I have background app refresh and frequent locations on.

photo.PNG

4. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I don't know how your batteries are able to do that, I barely even use my phone at work and its down to like 50% before I leave. Maybe I'll post a photo at the end of the day.

5. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Mine is better I have found but I think it's largely due to my turning off WiFi and bluetooth as often as I can. Previously it was a hassle to access them via settings. Now I have control panel it's so much easier.

6. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I have to say the battery life on my iPhone 5 has improved since updating to iOS 7. Its not a massive leap, but I am noticing the difference.

7. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

8. hexblot macrumors member

do note that average network signal strength in your area during the day is the biggest culprit for lousy battery performance.

Case study - my previous network had 2 bars on average during my day. The new network is always full (or near full) signal bars/dots. That alone gave me about +20% battery time during the day.

That's 3G signal on an iPhone 4 btw.

9. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

10. defunct32 macrumors regular

The formatting at the bottom where it says "the iPhone has been ....." is really weird.

11. PaulOBrain macrumors regular

This is absolutely true. Left my phone in a locker for a couple of hours today were the phone was struggling to keep signal and the battery dropped 10%. Really should have turned it off before putting it in haha.

Other than that after clean installing iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 battery has been excellent. Previously restored from backup and had lousy battery performance.

12. Derek87 macrumors 6502

another agreement here:

at home on weekend where i have a microcell at home, i can get about 8 hours (without music) usage, but its closer to 6 hours at work where, even if i turn LTE off, i get 2-3 bars 4G. (if i leave LTE on (1-2 bars), it's more like 5 hours)

13. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Give the man a plus if you two both agree with his statement. :)

I work in an LTE coverage zone..I'll also turn off my Wifi at work and see if it improves. Previously, I owned a Note 2 and an S4. Those phone batteries have spoiled me haha.

14. phreebsd thread starter macrumors regular

yep that was a quick plugin to get pics off then i went whoops is that going to erase my stats.

15. phreebsd thread starter macrumors regular

Here's what I have now some think I'm going to hit the same mark again.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380824672.516627.jpg

16. PaulOBrain macrumors regular

This was my usage yesterday. Was under a mixture of wifi and 4G. Done a lot of messaging, web browsing and twitter. Used email quite a bit and been on the phone a lot aswell. Done no gaming and listened to no music.

Quite impressed with my iPhone 5. Was getting half of that when I just upgraded. Glad I clean installed.

Attached Files:

17. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

This is mine.. I don't think its that great.. what do you recommend I do to improve?

Attached Files:

18. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

this guy has more standby time and usage and only 6% lower battery life?? wtf?

19. hagr182 macrumors regular

For me its good except when using nike+ running. Then the battery takes a big hit, I ran a full 42k marathon on iOS6 and my battery went from 100 to 6 percent on 5 hours I ran.

Last sunday I had a 15 kilometer race and my phone went from 100 to empty halfway through!!

So far nothing I tried works, any ideas?

20. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

You're a freak of nature. The only way I'm doing 26 miles is if I'm behind the steering wheel.

21. phreebsd thread starter macrumors regular

Currently and still going. No crash to wipe out my stats yet. Knock on wood.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380848651.288990.jpg

22. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

This is all I got after a full drain. It says it's been plugged in because it died on me at 1% and had to plug it in to get it to turn back on. No where near what I used to get (8-10 hours) on iOS 6.

Attached Files:

23. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Another positive battery life thread

No change here. But I charge mine when I'm not using it. And I use a Mophie when I know I'm going to be on the go all day. I haven't had battery issues in the past either.

24. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

iPhone 5... Crap

Note: signal wasn't always that low, was only in that building for ~5mins

Attached Files:

25. phreebsd thread starter macrumors regular