Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inpinotveritas

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Welp, Godosmith botched the replacement of the screen. Sent a black 6S screen protector when I clearly ordered and reconfirmed through Amazon messages, a white 6S Plus protector. I'm about to request a refund from Amazon and reorder it since it seems like it would be more effective than getting a replacement.

Edit: Looks I can't do that even. Item stock has turned to "Currently Unavailable". Might be requesting that refund sooner than I thought.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Only if you're willing to wait a month to get it.

Well, I received mine about 10 working days after ordering. Many others staying in different parts of the world had experienced similar delivery time as well. I'm only suggesting the cheapest place to order anyway, not necessarily the fastest =)

inpinotveritas

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Well, it seems Godosmith isn't too interested in receiving the black 6S protector that was sent in error or resolving my issue with adhesion to the iphone screen; they offered a refund of 50%. I'm declining the offer as I would rather send back the defective screen to Amazon for refund and purchase an alternative rather than buy again from international storefronts and have to deal with 2-week minimums to address any defects again. I see tech armor just listed an edge-to-edge privacy screen for the white iphone front, something of interest to me, even if it doesn't curve around the iphone glass the same. Oh well. I can see how it would be a great product when it's functioning well and still recommend it if you're willing to take the time deal with delivery times and customer service if there are any issues.

comfortingsound

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
Just as an update for anyone who cares, Godosmith got back with me and said they would send me a replacement. I have the tracking, etc. already. I'll update again when I get the replacement product (in approximately 3 weeks, most likely).

@willmtaylor I am having problem with my SP now. One bubble at the corner that doesn't go away, likely due to adhesive issue. I raised this up to godosmith, and they are willing to send me a replacement provided I pay the shipping fee of $5. Is this the same for yours?

Dominick624

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2014
Has anyone tried this screen protector with a battery case? Like a mophie or the new Apple one?

Last edited:

notasdf

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2015
Came to register to say thanks!
I heard from another forum that people on macrumors have said this particular glass was good but i was still a little skeptical because it was coming from aliexpress rather than amazon.
I just got it today and installed it after steaming up the shower. Took a while to get all the bubbles out but with a little lifting of the edges and massaging them out, it did the job!
I am using a Ringke Fusion case on the iPhone 6s Plus and didn't have much issues. Just beware - due to the tight lip of the case, it may go underneath the glass instead of over it when putting it on.

Attachments

• IMG-20151215-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20151215-WA0001.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG-20151215-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20151215-WA0003.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG-20151215-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20151215-WA0005.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG-20151215-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20151215-WA0006.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 380
Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Came to register to say thanks!
I heard from another forum that people on macrumors have said this particular glass was good but i was still a little skeptical because it was coming from aliexpress rather than amazon.
I just got it today and installed it after steaming up the shower. Took a while to get all the bubbles out but with a little lifting of the edges and massaging them out, it did the job!
I am using a Ringke Fusion case on the iPhone 6s Plus and didn't have much issues. Just beware - due to the tight lip of the case, it may go underneath the glass instead of over it when putting it on.
Glad it worked out. Enjoy.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Had the Godosmith Ice Max 3D for almost 2 months and the coating is wearing off. Finger prints and smudges are starting to show and there are slight scratches across the screen.

I guess it was good while it lasted....

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
I've had mine 2 months and might show smudge a tad more, or it could be in my hands are greaser then normal cause I'm always keeping them in my pockets in the cold weather. So more sweat.

Also just got my wife's from aliexpress and install was like the first one (Amazon) all I had to do was readjust a little and boom.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
After 3 months of use, my Ice Max has cracked at the top right corner, where I've carelessly shoved top first into my car's glove box.... So devastated... Now I have to go back to flimsy plastic ones :(

bagtagley

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
GODOSMITH is now selling the "Ice Core Series 2.5D" screen protector on Amazon. Is this the same thing as the IceMax?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
GODOSMITH is now selling the "Ice Core Series 2.5D" screen protector on Amazon. Is this the same thing as the IceMax?
To my understanding, it's not the same. It's not "3D" meaning the edges of the screen protectors don't curve around the edges of the iPhone's glass screen as the Ice Max 3D's do. Hence, the cheaper price.

The Ice Max advertise 3D edges made from "hot bending," whatever that means.

I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
To my understanding, it's not the same. It's not "3D" meaning the edges of the screen protectors don't curve around the edges of the iPhone's glass screen as the Ice Max 3D's do. Hence, the cheaper price.

The Ice Max advertise 3D edges made from "hot bending," whatever that means.

I could be wrong though.
Sounds about right...

easheer

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Just received mine. Install was a breeze and no compatibility issues with my case. I'm happy :)

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Ordered on Saturday from AliExpress app and chose the US shipper. Arrived today. Looking forward to installing later.
[doublepost=1452809548][/doublepost]Quick question. It says 3D glass next to the Ice Max name...but then just below it it indicates .19mm thickness and 2.5 D Rounded Edge.

What is it? 3D or 2.5D? Is there a difference?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.8 KB · Views: 196

bagtagley

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015

Thanks. That's what it looks like from the pics, but it's hard to tell.

I went ahead and ordered the 3D from aliexpress. Ordered in the afternoon and received shipping confirmation the same evening, so that's a plus. Hope it works out.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Thanks. That's what it looks like from the pics, but it's hard to tell.

I went ahead and ordered the 3D from aliexpress. Ordered in the afternoon and received shipping confirmation the same evening, so that's a plus. Hope it works out.
I'm just wondering what to expect! I ordered 3D from Ali...but the wording on the box says BOTH 3D and 2.5D. Weird...

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I received mine last week and can confirm that debris does indeed get underneath this protector.
I took mine off and binned it as dirt that can get under these screens can cause just as much damage as having none fitted.
It does feel nice though.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I just installed mine and I have a suspicion that it is actually a 2.5D. There is a definite lip from the protector to the iPhone casing. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be.

For those that have installed this...any tricks to getting the corners to adhere? I got most of the halo out of the protector, but the right side corners both have the halo in the pic. Was thinking about heating it up and pressing on them...suggestions?
image.jpg

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
This thing is a total PITA to install, but once installed it works pretty good. Don't give up on pressing the air bubbles out. Reapply if you need to. With enough persistence the air bubbles will eventually be gone.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
This thing is a total PITA to install, but once installed it works pretty good. Don't give up on pressing the air bubbles out. Reapply if you need to. With enough persistence the air bubbles will eventually be gone.
Thanks for the encouragement. If not for those two bubbles, this thing is great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.