Anyone else order in store from Verizon..shipment yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadgetmonster, Mar 14, 2011.

1. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

Anyone else order in-store at Verizon and did you get a shipment notice yet? I ordered one Saturday morning.

2. Dr99 macrumors member

I ordered Saturday as well. Not sure how I'll get a shipping notice, they didn't take my email address. I also looked at the receipt and I can't find what specifically is the order number. It didn't seem like they had done a lot of orders (which may be a good or bad thing).

3. ReelAction macrumors member

Verizon - no delivery status

Verizon is handling this very poorly, and maybe part of the cause is Apple's distribution process for it's retail partners.
    Received a notice that the iPad2 would be available at my local store on Mar 11. Went to the store about 4:30, and was informed that they did not receive any units, which they said was a surprise to them.
    Then was informed that I could place a store order with overnight delivery. After confirming that stock was available in the warehouse for a 32GB white iPad, I proceeded to order. And told that a tracking number would be available in about an hour and the store personnel would send that info to me.
    Note: I am not an existing Verizon cust so I don't have an "account" or email on file with Verizon.
    Well, it is day 3, my credit card has been charged and I still don't have information on availability. So which day(s) do I make myself available to sign for delivery??????
    I did call a local Apple store yesterday, and low and behold they have units in stock.
    My thinking now is to cancel the store order, and go pick one up at an Apple store, not really convenient, or just place an online order with Apple.

I see this issue as two fold - Verizon's order fulfillment process for keeping new customers informed is not very robust. And Apple's method of distributing to it's retails partners and setting priority is rather suspect.

4. gadgetmonster thread starter macrumors regular

I agree......verizon just told me they didn't have them and that I would have it Tuesday so i'm going to call in a couple hours and see if they do indeed have them, if they don't, i'll cancel the order also.

5. gadgetmonster thread starter macrumors regular

The order # should be near the top, along the store # that starts with a M. The online order status page never works so don't bother.....If i'm going to get it tomorrow, it needs to have shipped already.

6. alan111 macrumors regular

I am VERY disappointed with the way Verizon handled this as well.
    I am an existing Verizon customer. I called all day long on Friday my local VZW store and asked if they have iPad's in stock. They kept reassuring me that they are in stock but cannot sell to me until 5pm. I was OK with that.

Went there after work, got there at 4:59pm, not a single customer inside! I go up to the cust service rep and ask to buy the iPad, she tells me that unfortunately they don't have them in the store but they can order one for my to my house with overnight shipping. I was pissed because I called all day long asking if theyre in stock, but ok whatever. They also ensured me that they opted for FedEx saturday delivery so that I will in fact receive it the next day.

Saturday came and passed, and no iPad. I called the VZW store and they told me that due to supply constraints, all iPad shipments wouldn't be going out until next week. I went ballistic. This is really unfair to lead a customer on like that. Oh, I just checked my online AMEX activity, and they have already fully charged my AMEX card. Really not fair, and unprofessional to say the least.

7. gadgetmonster thread starter macrumors regular

I called just now, they said 2-3weeks so I cancelled it, i'll wait until I can get one in the store.

8. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Verizon seems to be fumbling the whole way, first with the activiation/reactivation fee nonsense and then stocks and now shipping stuff.

I ordered mine at 5 on the 11th (friday) the manager said it'd be at my office "tuesday at the absolute latest" with free 2nd day fedex. When I checked out with a sales rep the guy said "tuesday or wednesday" but this dude was a total idiot (he asked if suite number of my office was the same as an apartment number, luckily fedex aren't idiots)

they fully charged my CC there and never asked for my email. (and I didn't think of it till after, also not an existing customer) so I can't track it. If it doesn't show up tomorrow or wednesday then I'll just call and cancel. I'm sure the local apple store will have more stock before the online shipments roll in in a couple weeks.

What I'm hoping is that I don't have display issues cause I REALLY don't want to deal with verizon when it comes to exchanging the ipad if it came down to that. Glad I ordered the smart cover and my new headphones through apple directly.

9. mickeyroi macrumors newbie

same story here...

Was in line at 5pm Friday at the Verizon store with approximately 8 people in front of me. They only received 10 in stock and let the first person buy six of them (WTF!), meaning that I got screwed. They offered free overnight shipping with saturday delivery, which I agreed upon.

I stayed home all day Saturday to wait for the prize, and nothing came. When I called the store and customer service, they said they couldn't even tell me whether it was shipped or what the status of the order was.

Store manager is now offering me free accessories to calm me down. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'm cancelling the order and going to the Apple store. Just ridiculous.

I'm an attorney, and in my opinion this is nothing less than a "bait and switch" tactic that amounts to illegal unfair and deceptive trade practices.

10. alan111 macrumors regular

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with my local VZW store and they said that it will not be going out for another 2-3 weeks because of supply constraints. I said "How the ***** is that possible? I was the first one in your store and placed my order at exactly 5pm (EST!) when you allowed me too! Doesn't Verizon have their own stock to work off of?" He answered me saying that it's possible that other orders got in before mine. But I placed my order at exactly 5pm! Can they go out of stock within 30 seconds?

VERY disappointed to say the least. Although I did order one from Apple directly, this one was supposed to be for my wife. Stating that Verizon handled this poorly, is clearly an understatement, especially when compared to how quickly ATT is getting their orders out.

AND they're tying up funds on my AMEX while I have no product to benefit from!

11. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Dude wanna call my verizon store? If I order with apple i'd still have to wait but I'd love to get a free smart cover out of it and return the one I bought. (^_^)

Managers never seem to care much when I have complaints whether I'm demanding or polite. Maybe it's cause I'm young.

12. mickeyroi macrumors newbie

Call the store manager, reiterate your issue, and ask for their district manager's contact info. The threat of calling their boss may incentivize them to do a little "extra."

13. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Thanks for the tip. I'll wait and see if it shows up when they say it will but I don't have high hopes anymore. The demand for this product is truly amazing.

14. gadgetmonster thread starter macrumors regular

15. rx4success2012, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

rx4success2012 macrumors newbie

After waiting at best buy in line Friday and them not having any of the model that I wanted, I went to Walmart and they didn't have a Verizon one so I ended up going to the Verizon store at 4:45. They had 4 in the store so I ordered one from them in store and my order was complete at 5:03. I was told that I could call verizon and get a tracking number but since I'm not a customer I can't get one. I tried using the online status checker but it has been down the entire weekend. I'm getting fed up with not knowing if my order is coming. I called my store yesterday and they said that I should still expect mine on Tuesday although they did tell me about the email they got saying that it might be delayed 3 weeks. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and hope that I get it but if not then I really won't be out because if I order anywhere else online it will still take a couple of weeks. It just so frustrating not knowing.

Update:
    I just got off the phone with FedEx. They said if it was shipped today they wouldn't have a tracking number until Tuesday. They said call back tomorrow morning and just give them your address and they can tell you if they have anything shipping to you.

16. Dr99 macrumors member

17. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Awesome info man, thanks! I'll give them a call tuesday/wednesday. That seems much better than trying to deal with verizon.

18. gadgetmonster thread starter macrumors regular

Macmall said 3-4weeks so i didn't do an order there either....but they did have some 64gb verizon models when I called.....too much $ for my blood :D

19. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

That's exactly what I ordered (64GB black verizon) so I'm tempted to order from macmall, but then it'll be a big pain if my one from verizon really does show up on time (and i'll have to pay either return shipping to macmall or a restocking fee at verizon.)

20. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

now that I think about it. that sounds kinda sketchy. Like what if my friend/coworker was ordering one. I could give fedex their address and then just nab it as soon as it showed up. (which is the kind of thing shipping companies try to avoid)

21. mickeyroi macrumors newbie

I just contacted FedEx, and they can indeed search by address. Unfortunately, they said they had no shipment for me :mad:

22. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

so all I have to do is call up and ask if they can search for a shipment to me?

23. mickeyroi macrumors newbie

Yep - in fact I didn't even have to call... when you browse the "tracking" pages on their website a chat window will appear to chat with a customer service rep. That's where I found the rep who did the search for me.

24. alan111 macrumors regular

That doesnt work for me.... what country are you checking from?

25. mickeyroi macrumors newbie

USA. Try this instead: go to http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guide/new-customer/

then on the bottom left there is a big purple box where you can click on "need assistance" and it will connect you via chat.