Anyone else sold their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Azmontana, May 20, 2010.

1. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

Just wondering if anyone else sold their iPhone in anticipation for the new iPhone?

I sold my 16GB 3G for £345, not bad I think. Looks like i'll be without an iPhone for a month or so, it'll be intresting to going back to just a crappy mobile phone.

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I just sold my 16gb 3GS on Ebay 3 days ago for $435. That money is going to buy two brand new EVOs for me and my wife on 6/4.

I will be selling her 8gb 3G to cover the ETF fee with ATT.

Attached image says it all.

Attached Files:

3. meisterjager macrumors member

I'm certainly considering it, but my sister's due an upgrade and wants an iPhone, and she'd be happy with a 3Gs so it might work out like that

4. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

yea i sold my iPhone 3G yesterday to a friend

5. Trexznl macrumors member

My iPhone will probably be sold this friday. I've already got a buyer.

I've got another phone to help me get through the couple months of waiting for the 4G

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Was the 3GS unlocked? I'm thinking about trying out Sprint and the EVO for a month to see how I like it.

7. Azmontana thread starter macrumors regular

Azmontana

$435 thats cheap. I must have sold my phone to a complete mugg.

8. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Kind of sold mine - my housemate is taking my 32GB 3GS off my hands for £350, and she's selling her 16GB 3G for about £200. Handy thing about the arrangement is that she's quite happy to wait until I get my mits on the new iPhone before taking ownership!

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I sold my 3G on eBay for $250, which in turn, funded my purchase for a brand new 3GS on eBay. Since the 3G wasn't going to support multi-tasking with the 4.0 update, I wanted to get the 3GS without committing to another two-year contract with AT&T. So I'm still eligible to upgrade my phone on 8/29/10.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Getting mine ready to sell. New battery, new screen/digitizer, and new headphone jack assembly arrived Monday. I've used some plastic polish to polish some of the scratches out of the back (not going to bother with the deeper ones.) It will be in very good shape when I'm done and I'll either eBay or CL it.

11. rkswat macrumors regular

Wow, thank you so much!! Finally an "I'm switching" post that doesn't whine about all the things "lacking". The man wants a new phone and provider and he's doing it! Now all you "whiny switchers" have a role model to base their switch on.

I'm not selling my iPhone this time around. I'll prob swap my buddy for his 3g then swap it back when he is able to get the 4th gen.... the 3gs will then replace my 1st gen as my kids iPhone touch lol.

12. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

Sold my 3gs 16gb for $500 and sold my girlfriends 3g 8gb for $300.

We both are eligible for upgrade, so I plan on making a few hundred off selling those phones :D

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

When people explain WHY they switched or share their experience with the rest of us, it's not exactly whining.

14. scott99 macrumors 6502a

How do you guys get so much money for your used iPhones ? Some of those prices are higher than a new 3GS.

15. Azmontana thread starter macrumors regular

Azmontana

I have no idea I listed mine on Amazon for a high price just to see if someone would pay for it and they did success :)

Although Amazon do take a high fee almost £40!

16. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Bunch of newbs and their premature ejaculation issues...

This is the 4th generation, and trust me when I say that selling current phone ahead of release is not worth the few dollars you make in between.

Everyone knows about the upcoming release, it's not like if they are considering buying your 3GS now, and they would change their mind in a month because 4G has been released.

17. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I'd be happy with $200 for my 3G. Then if a 32Gig new iPhone is $299, only $99 out of pocket.

18. profets macrumors 68040

i sold my close to 2 year old 3G for $400. i gotta say, of all smartphones its incredible the value the iphone has for resale. i've sold several other smartphones in the past and the iphone was the easiest and most profitable

19. Azmontana thread starter macrumors regular

Azmontana

Everyone who reads forums like these will know about the 4G. People who don't follow such things won't. Simple!

20. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Good luck thinking everyone is living in the woods. Like I said, this is the "4th" generation, and many of us have done this every year.

21. reggie23x macrumors newbie

sold my 32gb white iphone 3GS

Sold my 32gb white iphone 3GS in mid-april for $400. I thought this was a pretty decent selling price considering it had a crack at the mute switch. Nothing else wrong it, but I almost regret selling it so soon.

I slipped my sim card into my blackberry curve from 2007 and lasted nearly ~3weeks without an iphone...

I bought a 16gb iphone 3GS for full-retail, but being a silver rewards member at BestBuy I have 45days to return it.... kind of ghetto of me, but hoping the new iphone comes out before my return window elapses...

22. Barbs macrumors 6502

I hope you get hit with a restocking fee at least. People like you are one of the reasons retail prices are as high as they are and why there are such things as restocking fee's.

23. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Wait, you're telling me that all those worthless "extended warranty" doesn't supplement the restocking fees?

24. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010