Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibinco

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2007
Ordered my BTO 17"on the 27th! Same ol same ol!!
Still have to wait till 10th of march!! ****sigh***

emperoruriel

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
My Macbook pro Wait

I find it absolutley unfair that most other people have their new macbook pros ready for shipment.:(

My Macbook pro, however, says it will be shipped by March 18
Even worse, it says the computer will nor be delivered until March 21.
I ordered a 17" High Res. glossy 2.6 macbook pro.

grandtheftfob

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

mine was just changed to prepared for shipment. Hopefully it ships out sometime today so it will get here by Monday/ Tuesday

manchoi44

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Hmm...

I ordered mine on the morning of the 26th and it's still not ready for shipping!!!

In terms of BTO, I ordered a low-end 15" with iWork and the Apple Remote. Everything else is stock. The worst part about it is that I ordered a couple of minutes before my co-worker (he ordered the same 15" MBP, no add-ons) and he received his MBP yesterday!!! GRRRR :mad:

Here are the shipping/delivery dates that were given to me for the MBP:

Ships by: Feb 27 - Feb 29
Delivers by: Feb 28 - Mar 3

I also ordered a 2gb shuffle (engraved) and a Time Capsule. The Time Capsule is being displayed as "Ready for Shipping", but the 2gb shuffle won't be ready for another week at least. GUUUUUUHHHHH, patience truly is a virtue! and apparently, I'm NOT virtuous enough!

p.s. - also, I know it's probably not because they are waiting to ship everything together.. I told them to deliver things as they became available!

rsm5068

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Still "Not Yet Shipped." Granted I ordered after 7:00 PM EST Wednesday, I still want this so bad. It would also be nice to have it for Spring Break... Came on Apple.

lekun

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
Mine, ordered the morning of the 26th, just moved to "Prepared for Shipment."

Anybody have an idea of how long it sits at Prepared for Shipment to actually shipped. I would love if it got on the plane before the weekend.

Mine is stock except for Aperture preinstalled, which was stupid because that made it BTO and delayed its departure.

Patrick Burns

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Wow. Mine left at the exact same time. :eek: That's some crazy laser system they got. Maybe they're in the same crate or something.

Same here, and I ordered mine the evening of the 26th. I also got free overnight shipping because of some payment hassles. After 4 years of LE 7 on my iMac G5, I bought Logic Studio yesterday, I just got my 4 gigs of RAM from OWC today, and I'll be looking forward to the MBP tomorrow. Massive amounts of win.

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Same here, and I ordered mine the evening of the 26th. I also got free overnight shipping because of some payment hassles. After 4 years of LE 7 on my iMac G5, I bought Logic Studio yesterday, I just got my 4 gigs of RAM from OWC today, and I'll be looking forward to the MBP tomorrow. Massive amounts of win.

Don't set your hopes on tomorrow. The note says "package received after Fedex cutoff", which I guess means it will sit in the warehouse at least until tomorrow before it gets on the plane, and possibly until Sunday night (US time). Then add 2 days to that and you're looking at Monday at the very earliest, and most probably Wednesday (Tuesday if you're on the left coast).

dlewisdm

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
I ordered mine on the morning of the 26th and it's still not ready for shipping!!!

In terms of BTO, I ordered a low-end 15" with iWork and the Apple Remote. Everything else is stock. The worst part about it is that I ordered a couple of minutes before my co-worker (he ordered the same 15" MBP, no add-ons) and he received his MBP yesterday!!! GRRRR :mad:

Here are the shipping/delivery dates that were given to me for the MBP:

I also ordered a 2gb shuffle (engraved) and a Time Capsule. The Time Capsule is being displayed as "Ready for Shipping", but the 2gb shuffle won't be ready for another week at least. GUUUUUUHHHHH, patience truly is a virtue! and apparently, I'm NOT virtuous enough!

p.s. - also, I know it's probably not because they are waiting to ship everything together.. I told them to deliver things as they became available!

I ordered the same thing about 45 minutes after the store came back up (minus the iWork) and I have the same shipment dates. It finally changed over to "prepared for shipment" this morning, but I guess that means I won't be getting it until Monday at the very earliest (and that's if I'm lucky).

Patrick Burns

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Don't set your hopes on tomorrow. The note says "package received after Fedex cutoff", which I guess means it will sit in the warehouse at least until tomorrow before it gets on the plane, and possibly until Sunday night (US time). Then add 2 days to that and you're looking at Monday at the very earliest, and most probably Wednesday (Tuesday if you're on the left coast).

Perhaps. The Apple rep I spoke to yesterday said between Saturday and Monday.

ct04

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
don't mean to be a smart-ass, but fed-ex actually flies the polar route from shanghai... so people in the mid-west and midatlantic should be getting theirs first...

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
don't mean to be a smart-ass, but fed-ex actually flies the polar route from shanghai... so people in the mid-west and midatlantic should be getting theirs first...

And I used to think I was great at geography! :eek:

Anyway, do the planes coming from China all go to the central Fedex distribution center for the US (Kentucky), or is there more than one location they fly to?

mkalamas

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
And I used to think I was great at geography! :eek:

Anyway, do the planes coming from China all go to the central Fedex distribution center for the US (Kentucky), or is there more than one location they fly to?

I think they fly into Anchorage, Alaska or Newark, NJ.

Also mine is now saying

In transit: Mar 1, 2008 2:28 AM

Estimated delivery: Mar 5, 2008 by 4:30 PM

wwwchrisde

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
ordered mine on 26th with iWork included - Apple store shows me march 3rd for shipment and march 10th for delivery here in germany :eek:

lexlix

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
wtf

Order Date: Feb 26, 2008 at 04:24 PM PST

this is my order:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy WS
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x DL
Apple Remote
No iWork Preinstalled
No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
No Logic Exp Preinstalled
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Country Kit

and this is my shipping info:

Delivers by: Feb 29 - Mar 5

---------------------------------

and it continues to say "Not Yet Shipped". How is it not even "Preparing for Shipment" if it's suppose to be send out today? Mine seems a lot less complicated than others of you and I think I even order before someone you who already have yours shipped. WTF!!!

Any advice on what I should do? Should I call them? Just don't know what they can really do...

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Order Date: Feb 26, 2008 at 04:24 PM PST

Any advice on what I should do? Should I call them? Just don't know what they can really do...

Call them up and demand a refund of your expedited shipping. I did that yesterday (even though the shipping window extended through today :D) and offer to reverse the charge (though I opted for a free remote instead).

calabi

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
I find it absolutley unfair that most other people have their new macbook pros ready for shipment.:(

My Macbook pro, however, says it will be shipped by March 18
Even worse, it says the computer will nor be delivered until March 21.
I ordered a 17" High Res. glossy 2.6 macbook pro.

mine won't be deliv until 18th :(

manchoi44

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Progress!

My BTO 15" Penryn MBP is finally "Prepared for Shipment"...

these are my "dates"

"The waaaaaiiiiting is the hardest part"

true dat.

lexlix

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Call them up and demand a refund of your expedited shipping. I did that yesterday (even though the shipping window extended through today :D) and offer to reverse the charge (though I opted for a free remote instead).

i would appreciate 15$ but they already gave me that without prompting when i called yesterday.

the call went like this:

me: can you give me more information on the progress of my order?
apple: i see that your order will be ready to ship either today or tomorrow. (meaningless since taht's already evident by the info i already have)

me: can you tell me where it is shipping from so I can gauge the shipping time?
apple: i can tell u that it will ship from one of our 5 facilities.

me: uh...is it within the united states? (i'm in the states)
apple: we do have facilities in the united states, so it can very well be shipping to you from the states.

me: oh ok. thanks?
apple: would you like me to give you expedited shipping?

me: isn't that extra?
apple: i offered it to you, so i will give it to you at no additional cost.
--------------------

what can i say to that... the gesture of nice. but the info was meaningless. and i don't know what they can give me. maybe just to refund me for the cost of the remote? i'd rather they keep the 19 bucks and just get me my mac.

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
mine is on the FEDEX truck fordelivery!
can't hardly wait!:D

you lucky #$%$^#, congrats :p

Mine says
Mar 1, 2008 2:28 AM In transit SHANGHAI CN
Ship date Feb 29, 2008
Estimated delivery Mar 5, 2008 by 10:30 AM

Any1 else knows their estimated delivery date?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.