Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xbigman15x

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
Hey, has anyone received their IS? When i spoke to a representative on the 27th she said they would try to have all the pre-orders shipped, but it is getting pretty close to that special day and i have yet to receive anything. I did priority shipping meaning that my order was processed before the free shipping buyers. I haven't even received word that they IS is being shipped. with 2 days to go i am getting worried.

Anyone know if they notify when something is being shipped?

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Problem is...another post suggests they must first fit it to an actual iPhone 3G before they begin shipping models that may not fit?

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
mine shipped today, and i'm in the uk... dont know if it will be here on friday. same as the iphone i pre-ordered as well!

if anyone is wondering, i ordered mine on the 4th july (4 days before it shipped)

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
I thought it said on their site that they wouldn't be able to ship it until about 2 weeks after launch because they needed a proper iPhone?

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
I thought it said on their site that they wouldn't be able to ship it until about 2 weeks after launch because they needed a proper iPhone?
from Zagg:
This item is available for PRE-ORDER ONLY!
Web orders will begin shipping the week of July 7 and will ship in the order received. Wholesale orders began shipping June 27.

but i also read that somewhere, but cant find it

JNRidgway15

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Australia
mine shipped today, and i'm in the uk... dont know if it will be here on friday. same as the iphone i pre-ordered as well!

if anyone is wondering, i ordered mine on the 4th july (4 days before it shipped)

If thats the case I'm not happy because I Pre Ordered mine on the 15 of June and still haven't got my shipment/tracking number :(

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Mine shipped "8 July 2008 04:50:07 BST"

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order of the invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG.

This e-mail is to confirm that we have recently shipped your order.

Please keep the invisibleSHIELD in mind when it comes to shielding any of your other gadgets. If we can be of service in any way, feel free to contact us between the hours of 9:00 AM MT (GMT-7) to 5:00 PM MT (GMT-7), Monday thru Friday.

Once again, thank you for your business, and enjoy your invisibleSHIELD!

All the best,

Shipping Department
ZAGG, Inc.

Should be here for Thursday or Friday. (Im in the UK and on their website it said 2-4 days shipping).

EDIT: I had my order confirmation on "3 July 2008 18:31:39 BST"

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
I ordered at some point last week, and paid for tracked 2 day delivery, as I am in the UK. I had not been told about shipping, so I e-mailed them on saturday, and received a response back today, saying it had been shipped on the 4th. They also gave me a tracking number. This only happened after I e-mailed them, despite paying extra for the tracked delivery. So if people are worried, Id say give them an e-mail, and they should tell you what you need to know.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Personally I wouldn't get excited about shipping confirmation from Zagg because quite oten these are automated emails which mean nothing.

I ordered 5 iPhone 3G skins on the 12th of June choosing the free shipping option for the U.K. The following day I received the following email:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order of the invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG.

This e-mail is to confirm that we have recently shipped your order.

Please keep the invisibleSHIELD in mind when it comes to shielding any of your other gadgets. If we can be of service in any way, feel free to contact us between the hours of 9:00 AM MT (GMT-7) to 5:00 PM MT (GMT-7), Monday thru Friday.

Once again, thank you for your business, and enjoy your invisibleSHIELD!

All the best,

Shipping Department
ZAGG, Inc.
http://www.invisibleshield.com/company/contact.php
(801) 263-0699

I knew that they could not have shipped my order because at that time their website said that the 3G version would not ship until mid-July.

When I subsequently heard that they had started shipping at the end of June I was pleasantly surprised, but I've seen nothing, nor heard anything since, despite the early order that I placed. :eek:

moloukhya

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2007
I pre-ordered on the 7th of June and chose the free shipping option, but have yet to receive anything.

Just sent them an email, will update you guys when I hear back. :)

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Hey, has anyone received their IS? When i spoke to a representative on the 27th she said they would try to have all the pre-orders shipped, but it is getting pretty close to that special day and i have yet to receive anything. I did priority shipping meaning that my order was processed before the free shipping buyers. I haven't even received word that they IS is being shipped. with 2 days to go i am getting worried.

I'm in the UK .. I was sent shipping confirmation on June 13th and have heard nothing since! I emailed them earlier this week to ask for an update and have heard nothing again .. kind of anxious about it but hoping that it'll all work out!

Loopy

PS exactly the same story as CD3660 even the same dates!!

rml4uk

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
For everyone that is wondering about a tracking number

In my order confirmation email (for my IS) it says:

"If you chose our Free Shipping method you will NOT receive any tracking information or a shipping confirmation email."

So, for everyone who chose free shipping that is wondering why you don't have a tracking number yet, now you know. As for the rest of us who chose a different shipping method thinking it would get here sooner... who knows, but apparently they're shipping out this week. Anyone heard anything yet?

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
I ordered priority shopping from the uk back in june and also received am automated shipping email the day after. I will email them again today.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
Q: When will you ship out my pre-order?
A: Web orders will begin shipping the week of July 7 and will ship in the order received. Wholesale orders began shipping on June 27.

Q: Can I pay for a faster shipping method to receive my invisibleSHIELD for the iPhone 3G sooner?
A: Orders will ship in the order received. If you’d like to receive your order as soon as possible, we recommend selecting an express shipping method.

I take this as meaning the following: Wholesale orders start shipping June 27th, but I'm guessing no one here bought in bulk, or is a wholesale retailer, so all the web orders start shipping July 7. They will go out in the order they were received- doesn't matter which shipping option you picked, if you were the first one to order, yours will go out first; if you were the last person to order, then yours will ship last. The only thing that having 2-day express shipping versus free shipping will affect is how quickly the shield gets to you once it's your order's turn to ship.

If I ordered two days before you did and selected free shipping, I could get mine 4 days later, while you, with 2-day express, would get it two days later. We'd get it at the same time, but technically yours got to you quicker.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I was thinking about getting one of these.

It's thin enough so as to not really be noticeable right?

And does it come off easily?

I wonder if it's necessary to get one for the front and back, or just the back.
Who's getting for both?

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
Hmm i just ordered one of these this morning and I just really wonder how good a fit the 1st initial batches will be. I mean do they have special spec sheets from apple or a mock up made up in order to get out supposedly by this friday?

I think I wont see mine until a week after this friday.

I remember when the iphone came out apparently they only had front screen protectors made and none of the back yet...and apparently some of em were ill fitting.

I hope it's not the case this time around. I really wonder how ANY case company can make a case for a product they haven't received yet.

I also remembered some griffen clear hard case was offered on the 1st day of release as well but it didnt fit properly and the iphone jiggled around inside the case and was scratching up he chrome. Not until the 2nd batches came out did it begin to fit properly.

looks like ill just keep my phone in a felt back for a few weeks lol :D :p

syclonefx

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Daytona Beach Fl
from Zagg:
This item is available for PRE-ORDER ONLY!
Web orders will begin shipping the week of July 7 and will ship in the order received. Wholesale orders began shipping June 27.

but i also read that somewhere, but cant find it

Yeah it was Pre-Order but they charged my credit card on the June 27. By Law they are not allowed to charge you credit card until the item ships. I still haven't gotten mine yet.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
i just pre ordered mine a few minutes ago. Even if it doesnt get here till after i get my phone i dont mind its 20% off for pre orders

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
How hard are these to put on folks?

they give you a bottle of spray for wet application and have a video on there website. I apply vinyl stickers to our race cars alot and bubbles are our worst enemy so i might have an easier time getting mine on than most

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.