Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
boooooo look what i just received in my email just now....

With over 50,000 pre-sales, we can safely say the response has been
overwhelming. We are sending you this email to inform you that your
order will ship from our facility no later than July 25. We apologize
for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that orders will ship in the order they were received.
Thank you for your patience and for your interest in the
invisibleSHIELD.

:mad:

ordered it 2 days ago though
:eek:

dogbiskit2

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
Good timing here!

On the way back home from the AT&T store this morning my IS package was there waiting in the mail for me! It must have arrived yesterday. For what it's worth, I pre-ordered it as soon as I found out about it, which was on June 6th, and I chose the free shipping option.

I applied the back piece to my black 16 gb, and with the curved body, the corners seemed to be much harder to apply nicely. I've applied these skins before (ipod touch, mini, nano, old lg vx9800, and a couple of RAZR's) so I've had experience with these, but it just seemed to be more difficult to keep the skin from bulging at the corners. We'll see how it looks after some time. (Of course, the worst part is not being able to play with my iphone until it dries off!)

D

dogbiskit2

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
boooooo look what i just received in my email just now....

:mad:

ordered it 2 days ago though
:eek:

That's not too bad, I guess. I pre-ordered mine on June 6th, and received it yesterday, but got the same email this morning with "July 18th" as the date:

With over 50,000 pre-sales, we can safely say the response has been
overwhelming. If we haven't shipped out your order already, we will
be very soon. We are sending you this email to inform you that your
order will ship from our facility no later than July 18.

theotherrogue

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
My BodyGuardz protective film just shipped this evening and it's on its way!! JOY :D

:) Those of you frustrated with InvisibleShield orders, try going with BodyGuardz. I've heard it's better anyway.

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
can anyone else confirm this about the IS? I am extremely unhappy now.

There are quite a few happy IS users out there. Mr. Giggles joined today and his only posts are to tout ghost-armour. I'm not saying he's a plant, but it does seem suspicious.

I've seen IS in action and it's awesome. I may end up going with GA though 'cause they're local and I don't have to wait for it to come in the mail.

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
My IS served me well. Its pretty clear, went on easily and I have no sensitivity issues. I have no experience with BG or GA, only the crystal films sold in 2 packs from Apple...those things SUCKKKKK.

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
My IS for the iPhone 3G just arrived....and it is horrible. I don't like it at all. The front went on fine, but still did not look right. The screen changed. the back was so bad! Not happy. Think I will have to return it.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
OK guys - Most everyone knows if you want a glass-like 'same as naked' iPhone screen, you don't put an Invisible Shield on it. It has TEXTURE.
Many many posts here cite Power Support Crystal Shield for the front (from Apple stores) is the smoothest, clearest option for the glass.

It's why many don't use IS for their trackpads on laptops.

There needs to be differentiation to these comments regarding if it's on the screen vs. the body/back. IS is not good for the screen (IMO) but the back - certainly.

Mr. Giggles - I'm not being defensive but you should state where you were referring to. Obviously you were referring to the iPhone screen. Who knew?

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Just got my InvisibleSHIELD today.

Long story short, I am not very happy with the cutout they've come up. The portion intended for the back not only tries to cover the back, but the sides. The cutouts do not line up well at all and the sides are practically impossible to get in place.

I've ordered 2 full body shields from Best Skins Ever, as I typically prefer their cutouts to those of Invisible Shield. Hopefully the back piece will actually cover the back, not the back and sides.

Looks like my iPhone will continue to parade around naked. But honestly, so far the back seems relatively resilient to scratching.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
pcguru - do you have pics of it on? It would be nice for us to see that. You 'did' put it on right? Because I thought the same thing for my Air's skin yet applied, it was dead on.

SChaput

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
United States
I have already ordered my IS for my iphone 3g. However, upon hearing these recent reviews of how under par it is, i am considering other options. I was wondering if anyone knows the IS return policy well enough to answer this question:
If i receive my IS for my iphone and apply it to the front and back and am not very happy with the way it looks. Am i allowed to return it to Zagg with a full refund?

Thanks

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
I guys, how do I go about cancelling my order?

I've decided to let my iPhone roam naked!

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
I actually had one extra one from my 1st GEN iphone and it actually kind of fits fine, so i will be using this till my 3G version comes in. The front part does not fit becauseethe 3g screen is sort of wider.
Any one else use the IS from the the original iphone ?
My combo will be the IS with a Marware CEO pouch.

bmonster

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
I placed an order on Saturday (July 12) and today this morning I emailed them to cancel because I ordered the Body Guardz film which has already shipped.

I just received an email back from Zagg (invisibleshield) and they said that my order had already shipped and that I could no longer cancel the order. Their website still has all the stuff about backorder so I'm not sure if she just doesn't want me to cancel my order or what. I have not received a letter about shipment confirmation from Zagg, yet.

So maybe I'll have both at the same time and I can see which one looks best, though I'm kind of iffy on whether or not my invisible shield is actually on its way. I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping the BodyGuardz because I got them for 14.95 and it comes with 2 while the Invisibleshield kit was 25 for 1 and they both have lifetime replacements

jskipper53

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2008
Received my invisibleSHIELD today! I found it quite ironic I received it the day after I sent Zagg an e-mail requesting they cancel my order. Just to give people an idea of when I ordered it, the order was placed on July 6, 2008

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Got mine today.

Love these, but installation can be very tricky, and if you are not careful and work in a clean environment, you will finish and then see something under the film. Hate that!

I think, based on what i have read here, that i will use Power Support Crystal on the front.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I hope everyone posts nice pictures. :) Or at least give thorough reviews of the corners and mostly the bezel situation.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I placed an order on Saturday (July 12) and today this morning I emailed them to cancel because I ordered the Body Guardz film which has already shipped.

I just received an email back from Zagg (invisibleshield) and they said that my order had already shipped and that I could no longer cancel the order.

I'd be surprised if they have shipped such a recent order already.

I placed my order on the 12th of June and there has been no sign of it.

In fact, I'm so fed up waiting, and also put off by a number of negative reports about the cut, that I emailed cancellation 2 days ago. I've heard nothing yet.

Ryanhdd

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
i got mine two days ago. install was a pain for the back. its clear but i do not like the way the screen looks with it on it. it puts a sheen on it that is kinda grainy it hard to explain. I ripped the bottom taps off as i could not get them to stay down. it does not matter to me, as i have a leather case for it. I just wanted this on it to keep the case from rubbing against phone. all in all its ok. the packaging was pretty cool though. I will post some pict.
IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0005-3.jpg

IMG_0009-2.jpg

Thats the best i can do.

They do give you a little circle to put over the home screen button. i put it on and then took it off.

the side tabs that i left on the top are starting to come off. so all in all its an ok case. If I was going to buy again i would prob. just get the front. as i keep it in the leather case, i really like the leather case its case mate.

bmonster

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
" Hello *****,

Thank you for contacting ZAGG, home of the invisibleSHIELD! My name is ***** and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the order you placed on Sat Jul 12 12:50:48 2008 for the invisibleSHIELD for the Apple iPhone 3G (Back). I understand that you would like to cancel your order. Regrettably, we were not able to get to your email before we shipped it, so your invisibleSHIELD is already on its way to you.

If you are still seeking a refund when the invisibleSHIELD arrives, we would be glad to honor your request. We would be happy to extend a refund, providing your return mail is postmarked within thirty days of your original shipping date. We would need you to please send back the invisibleSHIELD to the following address:... "

I highly doubt it has shipped as I have not heard anything back from the company except for this email. (no confirmation of ship email)

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Oh dear...

Ryan - :) Any way to take pics of the BACK, sides/Bezel, corners? Minimally, can you tell us how much % the shield covers the bezel?

Come on peeps - please posts pics.

(it is well known these things don't do well as a screen protector as they do have texture. Power Support Crystal Film from Apple is the way to go).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.