Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
The only ones who could regret their choice, are those who couldn't make their minds up and chose white, whilst not being immediately and totally convinced.

Jmouse

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
White and White And White.

Black is just normal , trying hard to be subtle thats all.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
My WHITE att JUST ARRIVED YESTERDAY from CHINA.. My cousin has the black we got the WHITE! The white blows the black away in my opinion.. The black is a FINGERPRINT magnet ( they all are ) BUT when the unit is on, u dont see the fingerprints on the screen but YOU SEE ALL OF THEM on the BLACK border.. not on the WHITE! Just my opinion! LOVE the white.. People say the white is for GIRLS.. thats Bull _ _ _ _ ! !

FutureStan

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
My WHITE att JUST ARRIVED YESTERDAY from CHINA.. My cousin has the black we got the WHITE! The white blows the black away in my opinion.. The black is a FINGERPRINT magnet ( they all are ) BUT when the unit is on, u dont see the fingerprints on the screen but YOU SEE ALL OF THEM on the BLACK border.. not on the WHITE! Just my opinion! LOVE the white.. People say the white is for GIRLS.. thats Bull _ _ _ _ ! !

cool STORY BRO.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
My white one's perfect. No light leaks / screen bleed issues, and it works like a charm. I probably use it 3-4 hours a day.

The white bezel isn't a distraction at all - it's as easily ignorable as the black bezel. If your content is that boring that the white bezel distracts, find something more fun to do with your iPad ;)

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
It's a bit like Marmite - you either like it, or you don't. Not much room for any middle ground. (I love Marmite, by the way :D)
About the white being feminine, that's just crap. Would a white Ferrari 458 look feminine, next to a black one? :confused:

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I love my white iPad that I've had since launch day. When I look at the black one and the white one in stores, I still prefer the white.

nick4077

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
White for Reading

Maybe I'm crazy but I find that reading just about anything (books, websites, news apps, etc.) on the white ipad2 is more enjoyable. There's something about the white border that makes reading on the iPad feel better. Also, I have read many people comment on how the white border will show dirt easier and require more frequent cleaning. I have found this to be untrue. First of all, my first generation iPad always looks dirty on the black border because it shows fingerprints. The white does not! Since you are more likely to have fingerprints covering the border rather than dirt (unless you are a mechanic using an iPad in your garage) the white iPad2 will tend to look cleaner than the black.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Seriously. What happened to the good old days where is was just about penis length?? :confused:

Wow. You people are wound wayyyy tooo tighttt.

A simple attempt at satire turns into a bunch of people defending their choices based on a comment from an irrelevant person of no known origin.

However, since it has become so entangled in fishnets and eye liner, I'm starting to wonder?

Anyway, to answer the original question:

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress...variation-in-human-penis-size/penis-size-map/ :apple:

Steel28

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Maybe I'm crazy but I find that reading just about anything (books, websites, news apps, etc.) on the white ipad2 is more enjoyable. There's something about the white border that makes reading on the iPad feel better. Also, I have read many people comment on how the white border will show dirt easier and require more frequent cleaning. I have found this to be untrue. First of all, my first generation iPad always looks dirty on the black border because it shows fingerprints. The white does not! Since you are more likely to have fingerprints covering the border rather than dirt (unless you are a mechanic using an iPad in your garage) the white iPad2 will tend to look cleaner than the black.

this ^^

very happy that I got white.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
To anyone who is not fully convinced by the white, actually look at the different colours side-by-side. While I'm not buying an iPd2, I was sure that white was the best. When I looked at them, black just looks sleeker and blends in a bit more. White looks very cheap IMO. Black FTW.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Actually... yes.
Hmmm:
ferrari+f458+Black+and+white.jpg

thesiren

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
outer space
anyone who even entertains the idea that the white ferrari above looks remotely feminine deserves to be castrated.

this whacked out color = gender **** is getting ridiculous. It's not a competition. It's simply an option. all those who feel the need to bash the color you didn't get? me think thou doth protest too much. :rolleyes:

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I didn't upgrade but It if I would've went with White.

Though I'm sure there's a handle who picked White to be noticed that they have the iPad 2.

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Good grief, what has happened to MR over the last three years?

I've come to the following conclusions:
1. A large (very large) group of those who post here are insane
2. A somewhat smaller group suffer from a complete lack of empathy for their fellow man
3. I'm utterly convinced that the above two groups are comprised of 13 year old boys, which makes the most sense of my three hypothesis

It makes for great entertainment, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ninerfan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
We went back and forth on which color. Finally went to Best Buy and viewed them side by side. Initial gut decision to buy black remained the same, but glad we saw them in person before we ordered.

Now if that black iPad 2 would just get here!!! Ordered on 3/26, not expected to arrive for another 3 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.