Anyone regret their choice of getting a black iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tifa_mo, Sep 23, 2016.

1. tifa_mo macrumors regular

tifa_mo

So after numerous nights staying up til 12:01am and checking istocknow religiously I finally had my new iPhone 7 Plus MB 128gb two days ago.

Love it! Love the new camera, home button, the speed is like a dream. Nothing to complain.

...Except I don't know if I actually like the black phone that much...I've had a white phone since iPhone 4 so wanted a change. But first impression of the black one - feels kinda dirty? Matte Black is equally a fingerprint magnet as the jet black (just takes certain angles to show). The black bezel on the front also doesn't feel as clean as the white one.

I think the whole new color, the scarcity of the black phones really got to me....but now that I've actually had the black phone, thinking of taking it to apple store and exchange for gold or silver.

Is it true that I can take it to Apple Store in 14 days and exchange with no problem? Also anyone else liking their matte black w/o problem, especially girls?

2. csmith1289 macrumors member

csmith1289

I have the Matte Black and I loveeeeee it. My 6s+ was Rose Gold and my 6+ was Gold. This one is my favorite, really really enjoy the black face vs the white face. But yes, it is true you can get it exchanged during your buyers remorse period during the first 14 days, but it may be a little difficult since the devices are so scarce currently. Also, they may charge a restocking fee for exchanging it.

3. tifa_mo thread starter macrumors regular

tifa_mo

Do you get finger prints all over your phone? I kinda miss having a white phone because of how low maintenance it is...

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I've had a white front phone for the last 4 generations. I went with Jet Black this time and I couldn't be happier with the switch

5. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

I would of preferred space grey. As that's the reason why black was replaced to begin with, but oh well.

6. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

I love the black, just looks beautiful. Coming from space gray, it's so nice.

7. zet- macrumors member

Not a girl, but had a white iPhone since the iPhone 5.

Love the change and the matte black. Looks and feels sleeker to me. As far as finger prints go, it seems OK after a good wipe from my shirt, even at different angles (checking it out now at work). Even handling my phone at the gym with chalk and all that seems to be fine/back to normal after a good wipe afterwards.

Phone is also naked.

8. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Love my black iPhone. But I always get black as I personally don't like the white face at all.

9. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I alternate between black and white phones most of the time. I really tend to prefer black phones though. I like how the screen pops against the black bezel better. It is nice that fingerprints don't show up as much on the white.

10. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

The matte black is perfect for me. Love the understated stealthiness. The Darked Out Apple logo is truly badass.

11. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I love the matte black. I'm not having the fingerprint issue on the back of the phone personally.

Huge fan of the stealth look and the black color. Reminds me of the slate iPhone 5, still the best looking iPhone IMO.

12. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

The stealthy-ness is so dope. I want a car exactly this color. Murdered out Apple logo is sick too. Apple fixed the issues with the slate 5 scratch-gate with this matte black.

13. kargurin macrumors regular

kargurin

I like white faces as they integrate well with the white background of many apps. My last three or four phones had the white face. That said.....I ordered a matte black this time but when a gold came available (white face) I grabbed that. And combined that with a saddle brown leather case. And it rocks! :) If you use an opaque case then for all practical purposes your choosing a white or black face...you don't see much of the rest (the gold bottom which you can see on my case and the gold ring around the button).

14. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Hopefully we won't need to worry about white or black bezels next year if the whole front of the next phone is the screen

15. piecookie macrumors member

I've had white since iPhone 5 and I can't imagine going back to black anytime soon. White is just so fresh!

16. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I bought a black 7 plus and don't really like it

17. tifa_mo thread starter macrumors regular

tifa_mo

Exactly my thoughts!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    True with the app background. No wonder I felt more at ease reading reddit on my white iphone but viewing imgur is better with the black phone lol.

18. Crazyj414 macrumors regular

Crazyj414

I have matte black. It's pretty slick but I will miss silver until I have silver again.

19. 7roca7 macrumors member

7roca7

I just picked up a black one today, and traded in my 6s+ space grey. I've alway's wanted solid black.

20. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I have the matte black and love it. Love how the black nearly uniforms all around the body.

21. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Indeed. It is hard to distinguish between the front of the phone and the back. Looks and feels like one solid peice. Beautifully made device.

22. csmith1289 macrumors member

csmith1289

I have a really thin spigen black case on mine so actually I'm not sure lol.

23. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Its will get hot as hell here in Florida if you leave it in the sun for just a few minutes.

That's the only thing I don't like about the black.

24. Gr81MB macrumors 6502

Gr81MB

That's what's making me switch to jet!