Anyone regret their choice of getting a black iPhone?

Kiimora

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Am loving the dark side:D ; I had rose gold 6s+ & space grey 6+ before that . So am used to the black bezel. I might switch back to white bezel next year though!

That said ,I won't think twice if a navy blue colour surfaced:)

Reactions: rmeadejr

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I think that setup - iPhone 7+ 128GB Matte Black - is the best selling of all the new iPhones

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I live in south florida, I'm familiar with the phone getting too hot. Sometimes the phone will disable the camera flash due to the heat too.

From your post though you said that's the only thing you hate about the black as if it didn't apply to the other color phones.
I'll theorize it will happen faster with an all black phone versus any of the other offerings. Just a hunch.

brojan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Had black since iPhone 3g. Tired of it and ready for white. And I think the least popular color of all... White/silver is the cleanest.

Reactions: Americasteam

Americasteam

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2014
Had black since iPhone 3g. Tired of it and ready for white. And I think the least popular color of all... White/silver is the cleanest.
I agree. Returned my matte black yesterday for the silver and I love it. I just prefer white phones.

IMEX1PCT

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2015
So after numerous nights staying up til 12:01am and checking istocknow religiously I finally had my new iPhone 7 Plus MB 128gb two days ago.

Love it! Love the new camera, home button, the speed is like a dream. Nothing to complain.

...Except I don't know if I actually like the black phone that much...I've had a white phone since iPhone 4 so wanted a change. But first impression of the black one - feels kinda dirty? Matte Black is equally a fingerprint magnet as the jet black (just takes certain angles to show). The black bezel on the front also doesn't feel as clean as the white one.

I think the whole new color, the scarcity of the black phones really got to me....but now that I've actually had the black phone, thinking of taking it to apple store and exchange for gold or silver.

Is it true that I can take it to Apple Store in 14 days and exchange with no problem? Also anyone else liking their matte black w/o problem, especially girls?
just exchanged my 256GB JET BLACK iPhone 7 for a Rose Gold model.

Made a huge mistake going with the Jet Black and now Im waiting for my exchange to arrive.

The white phones are much more elegant ive decided.

black is more rugged and low class ive decided.

Good luck with your exchange.

psychache

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
More curious about what did you use to take this photo? Quality is amazing!
Thank you! Nothing special really. It was just the angle and the way the light was hitting it. I actually took it with my iPad. Ha

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
So after numerous nights staying up til 12:01am and checking istocknow religiously I finally had my new iPhone 7 Plus MB 128gb two days ago.

Love it! Love the new camera, home button, the speed is like a dream. Nothing to complain.

...Except I don't know if I actually like the black phone that much...I've had a white phone since iPhone 4 so wanted a change. But first impression of the black one - feels kinda dirty? Matte Black is equally a fingerprint magnet as the jet black (just takes certain angles to show). The black bezel on the front also doesn't feel as clean as the white one.

I think the whole new color, the scarcity of the black phones really got to me....but now that I've actually had the black phone, thinking of taking it to apple store and exchange for gold or silver.

Is it true that I can take it to Apple Store in 14 days and exchange with no problem? Also anyone else liking their matte black w/o problem, especially girls?
Yes, you should be able to return within 14 days. Good luck!

psychache

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
just exchanged my 256GB JET BLACK iPhone 7 for a Rose Gold model.

Made a huge mistake going with the Jet Black and now Im waiting for my exchange to arrive.

The white phones are much more elegant ive decided.

black is more rugged and low class ive decided.

Good luck with your exchange.
Interesting. I could see calling the matte black rugged, but to me the jet black is one of the most elegant devices I've ever seen. To each their own I guess. Glad to hear you're happy with the rose gold though. That seemed to be one of the least popular this time around.

Reactions: IMEX1PCT

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
All I know is, I want a car exactly the same color as the matte black. The MB 7+ is so dope. JB is beautiful too but I'll go for it next year when the iPhone 8 JB is ceramic and scratch-resistant :)

psychache

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
All I know is, I want a car exactly the same color as the matte black. The MB 7+ is so dope. JB is beautiful too but I'll go for it next year when the iPhone 8 JB is ceramic and scratch-resistant :)
They do exist actually

I'd be curious how well something like that holds up though

youthsoccer38

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Wanting to pull a trigger on a MB I7. Have always had black phones. What I'm concerned about is the lighting port starting to show scratches early on due to the anodizing coating rubbing off after multiple charges. Has anyone noticed that so far? I've taken a look at the in store models and they're already starting to show a lot of scratches at the charging port area.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Wanting to pull a trigger on a MB I7. Have always had black phones. What I'm concerned about is the lighting port starting to show scratches early on due to the anodizing coating rubbing off after multiple charges. Has anyone noticed that so far? I've taken a look at the in store models and they're already starting to show a lot of scratches at the charging port area.
Nope not on my matte black. I've heard of this happening on the jet black tho #shrug

Reactions: youthsoccer38

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
I haven't noticed any scratches around the lightning port on mine yet, and I have had mine since last Monday. I am very careful when plugging in though. I baby my iPhones probably more than most.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
I could never have a white iPhone or iPad. It's too obvious the whole time. The whole point of the black is that you don't notice it and it doesn't distract from the screen.
They don't build (many) TVs with white/light bezels do they, it's too distracting from the actual screen.

youthsoccer38

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
I haven't noticed any scratches around the lightning port on mine yet, and I have had mine since last Monday. I am very careful when plugging in though. I baby my iPhones probably more than most.

Thats great to hear. I baby my iPhone too. I have gotten lazy a couple times when plugging it back in when i'm tired as hell and lights are out. Look like i'll need to be a little more careful with the Matte Black. #1stworldproblems.

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
Thats great to hear. I baby my iPhone too. I have gotten lazy a couple times when plugging it back in when i'm tired as hell and lights are out. Look like i'll need to be a little more careful with the Matte Black. #1stworldproblems.
I figure with mine being the JB model, scratches are going to be really prone to happen around the lightning port. I have a clear case on, so I'm not worried about the rest of the iPhone getting scratched. We'll see how around the port holds up after a few more weeks.

Reactions: youthsoccer38

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
I could never have a white iPhone or iPad. It's too obvious the whole time. The whole point of the black is that you don't notice it and it doesn't distract from the screen.
They don't build (many) TVs with white/light bezels do they, it's too distracting from the actual screen.
Think I heard about this argument back in the days when iPad came out and everyone was debating on what color to get lol.

Now I barely see any iPad in black around me in SF Bay Area. All apple ipad ads are featuring white iPads too. I almost forgot that apple still makes black iPads lol.