Anyone still using a 2G now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavinci, Jun 27, 2009.

1. lavinci macrumors 6502

I just bought a 2G 16GB mint condition yesterday for $200 on craigslist. Awesome deal since the 2G came out some time ago and it was still perfectly fine.

Only using it as an alternate to my E71 as an ipod and phone. Anyone else still rocking a 2G?

2. Killquake macrumors member

I have to use mine for a few more weeks, but im satisfied with it

3. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Just sold my 4g on ebay for 220.00 unlocked... it was a great phone.

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Gave mine to my daughter...she is THRILLED with it coming from a KRZR...LOL

5. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

My dad loves my old 2g,

To people an old iPhone hand me down is as cool as the darned thing was to us 2 years ago.

6. TerribleTuesday macrumors newbie

I thought 2g's only came in 4 and 8 GB models...

7. NathanA macrumors 6502a

Nope; the 4GB model was short-lived as it was discontinued at the same time that the price dropped by $200 about 2 months after its introduction. The 8GB model remained the only original iPhone model on sale between September and February, at which point a 16GB model was introduced. So 16GB models of the original iPhone were on the shelves longer (February through July, when 3G came out) than the original 4GB model was (July through September)!

-- Nathan

8. lavinci thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't care how rare the 4GB are, I want the most capacity, ha. I still think the 2G is one heck of a device since I don't use MMS or stereo bluetooth anyway and the build quality is top-notch compared to ANY other phone out there, let along the 3G and 3GS.

Build quality is page one in my book of comparing phones since I rarely use cases on anything.

9. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I'm still using a 2G. All is good with it apart from OS3 has slowed it down a bit :(

10. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

I am

and will likely do do until next years iphone. this one wasnt enough for me

11. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

still using the 2G for now...i just don't know if i can commit to att for two more years

12. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

There are 2 2G iPhones still going strong in my house.

14. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Same story for me.

Still on my 2G, back is hella scratched up, but the front is nigh on perfect. Steve Jobs pretty much trained me to go from 80GB to 8GB so the space isn't much of an issue. I never used MMS before the iPhone, so that's not important to me.

The 3G S isn't awesome enough to persuade me to get a contract, although, next year, I might be persuaded.

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I Still rock my 1st Gen iPhone. Although I'm about to update to the 3GS since it's been slow ever since OS 3

16. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I'm still using the 2G. I think this is the last month of my contract so I will probably be getting a 3GS soon. I really don't like these cracking problems though.

17. Kwats macrumors member

I'm actually still rocking the 4gb 2g in mint conditions gives me no problems that's what I am typing this on and I will be getting a 32gb iPhone 3gs in white in December but until then I'm perfectly fine

18. mrowl macrumors regular

Still use my 1st Gen iPhone. Loved it until I put 3.0 on it.... slower now...

So may consider upgrade to 3GS.

19. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Bought mine a couple months before launch in untouched mint condition for $250 Also a 16GB :D it's my back up phone to my 3G I'm not gonn sell either even when the new on NEXT year :D

20. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I still have mine. I just got a newer from the Apple store due to some issues a month ago.

I do believe that I will be moving on from AT&T to Verizon due to the no coverage of AT&T at my house.

I'll be selling a perfect 2g soon.

21. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    My gf is using my old 2G atm. She only liked it when she recently discovered she could change the language from English to Chinese easily on the text screen and text in Chinese to her family and friends back home

22. Jozone macrumors 6502

Still have/use my 2G but actually was thinking about switching to your other phone e71.. or waiting till its updated big brother comes out e72.. The 3GS does look sweet but I cant bare to sign another 2 year contract.

23. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I'm still using my 2G iPhone, I haven't experienced any problems with it.

24. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm still using a 2G. Bought it in mint condition from a family friend for £100 in January.

Biggest perk is how easy it is to unlock, I'm moving country twice in the next year so it's important :eek:

I love it, haven't noticed any slowdown since 3.0 (although I did have big problems when I first installed it) although I think the battery life might be a little worse.

The real perk is the 3G speeds on the newer iPhone (although only really for things like maps, and that's still usable even on GPRS), but since I don't even know if I'll have mobile internet while I'm abroad + the unlock fiasco there's no point in thinking about upgrading. Plus the build quality issues would drive me crazy.

25. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Still livin' the 2g life, 16g. I can't access the 3G where I live, so until ATT updates my network, I'm not real motivated to upgrade and pay more on my plan for something I can't use (the 3G network).

My 2 years is up Feb '10, so then I'll be fighting the "should I upgrade to a 3GS or wait till June and see what the next iPhone looks like..." That is, of course based on the whether or not ATT brings 3G to where I live. When I've called on this, they've said "...in the next 6-10 months..." So we'll see.

Also playing in this is whether or not ATT still has exclusive rights in '10 or '11.

In addition, I like the all aluminum design better than the plastic...

Coachingguy