Apple After Thanksgiving Sale

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is again planning on an after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) sale at its retail stores.

[​IMG]

Apple has offered special discounts for the past several years (2002, 2003, 2004).

Last year's event saw variable discounts on many items in the Apple Store. (a list from 2004)

2. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Hooray for good prices, but I hate shopping after Thanksgiving.

3. ImAlwaysRight macrumors 6502a

ImAlwaysRight

Always in the right place at the right time
    Darn, too bad I'll be out of town with no Apple Store to shop at. :(

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hmm on the Apple Retail page there's a link to a page showing the specific holiday hours for each store linky.

Mm... Black Friday... love. :D My family used to be outta the house before 6AM, but we haven't the last 2 years.

5. aprilfools macrumors regular

No way!!

Going to any retail store the day after Thanksgiving is insane!! I would rather have a root canal! No savings is worth the hassle of gazillions of people in your way all trying to buy the same thing for just a few dollars less. No way!! If you like crowds go to the DMV on a Saturday or.....go to Disneyland on a Holiday or go to the Post Office the week before Christmas, Hey...move to China! Anything....... but the hords of people trying to save a few bucks the day after Thanksgiving? No @#$%&* way !!!!!!

6. nicole786 macrumors newbie

i love the rush :)

but im also a girl, and we're known for our ability to shop under any cirumstance :p

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Thanksgiving is Thursday right?

I wish we had Apple sales over here, proper ones, not the pissweak "cheap pink 1G iPod mini Valentines Day Sale" they had over here in department stores. I don't think the AppleCentres even had that one.

They could have one after the Australia Day long weekend but they may have to hold it off for a while cause most of us would much rather spend the day after the long weekend in bed with a blindfold on and earplugs in being fed fluids through a drip. After we recover from the hangover we'll think about discounted Apple products.

8. abhishake macrumors regular

Does anyone know what items will be on sale and whatever...

And how much they will be discounted?

9. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Thanksgiving sales are LAME. Last year we priced things we wanted then on the sale they were the same price but now on sale. Marked up? You bet. Besides you can save over 25% on anything in the world simply from buying online or ebay and you save on gas and hassle.

10. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i personally like shopping with tons of people in the stores at the same time. if i go to a store and its super empty, it kinda feels boring and i dont go shopping often so i like it to be kind of a fun experience at the same time. my day after thanksgiving will be a day full of hangovers and a lot of XBOX 360 usage!

11. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I'm guessing he's the negative. I still don't see how you could rate this negative (Apple's sales are different - you actually save money off regular prices, not some scam like you describe. Please use relevant associations for comparisons to prevent yourself from embarrassment.)

12. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

I'd love to visit my local Apple Store; alas, that's at something called Mayfair Mall (Wauwatosa, WI) which is an unholy zoo the day after Gobble Day.

13. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

It looks like I'm gonna have to buy an iPod Nano. :D

14. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Yes, Thursday is Thanksgiving...Turkey Day is never not on Thursday, especially since Black Friday is always a Friday ;)

15. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Ill be stopping buy there on Black Friday. It really is a fun day if you enjoy shopping. Good to see some Apple has some sales, although if its like last year, 5-7% off isnt that big of a deal.

16. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Yup. Always on the last Thursday of every November. ;)

17. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Woodfield or Michigan Ave...

I think I'll go to Michigan Ave.

18. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

For the record; for those who don't want to "go shopping" the day after Thanksgiving, last year, the Online Apple Store also had the discounts. (of course I can't guarantee it will be the same this year)

19. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Ohh God. I did say that I like to shop with a lot of people, but I retract that statement when I think about Woodfield on black Friday. Yea thats like taking a first class trip into hell!

20. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

student discount?

Can the savings from the previous yrs be combined with the student discount as well? Some of these 8% off isn't better than the discount, but if you could combine it....:D

21. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yeah, that's what I want to know. My brother is looking into getting a Mac. If he can add his corporate to this Friday's sale, it'd be great.

22. winmacguy macrumors 68020

winmacguy

No Kidding! Just as well they don't have 'Shopping Olympics!':p

23. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Apple usually doesn't let you combine offers - but this may be different. (But I wouldn't count on it.)

24. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Actually, Thanksgiving is always on the 4th Thurdsay--which sometimes is second-to-the-last.

Now, Canadian Thanksgiving is the 2nd Monday in October, I think. (And apparently Thanksgiving was celebrated first in Newfoundland--decades before the pilgrims landed at Plymouth.)

I will do no shopping on Black Friday. You couldn't pay me enough.

25. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

I knew this, however i just thought that it usually is the last Thursday