Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
emaja said:
BTW, BF is the absolute worst example of American consumerism anywhere. There is nothing Christmas-like about rushing into a Wal-Mart for $29 DVD players and getting trampled to death. If you are shopping that day and think that you are viewed as anything other than cattle with a wallet, you are sadly mistaken.

Thanks for the laugh. I myself refuse to shop on the day after Thanksgiving after one experience where my wife got trampled trying to get cheap blankets at Meijer's. By the time the herd made it over to the sale blankets, they were out. Imagine that!

I may pick up a nano online, though if the sale extends to the on-line store.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
dernhelm said:
I myself refuse to shop on the day after Thanksgiving after one experience where my wife got trampled trying to get cheap blankets at Meijer's

That's terrible...next time bring the riot gear and batons eh? :D

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Not slightly; I still believe that Apple's sales are much more genuine than other sales. You used an example where your company RAISED prices, THEN DISCOUNTED THEM to say they were on sale. Apple does not RAISE prices, then DISCOUNT them to say they are on sale. Bad comparison.

They may not necessarily raise them, but you do have to admit that the initial price points on some of them are (cough) "elevated" a tad.

For exmple, the Apple 20" LCD Widescreen lists for $800 - - it will take a pretty hefty discount to get it close to the before-discounted prices for the Dell 2005FPW. An interesting comparison, considering that they both happen to reportedly use the same LG.Phillips LCD component...

-hh

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
artifex said:
I wouldn't think so, as I wasn't allowed to use my gift card from my parents online. And my school didn't give me a student ID because the satellite campus didn't use them, so I had no proof for the store to get my edu discount, there. :(

Apple just now started accepting Gift Cards online. They even sell them now at the online store.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
So, the Apple Store still has normal hours then? Ours opens up at 10 AM. It seems odd to go to an after Thanksgiving Sale at 10 AM. <.<

I think the online store might roll over to the sale at 12 AM.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
So will there be a virtual queue for the Apple Online store do you think - waiting to see if the offers are limitted first come first served.:rolleyes:

1/2 price Apple monitor or iBook and I may be tempted to part with my $

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Eidorian said:
*twitches* Don't...remind me about PST.

Darn it, that's 4 A.M. here. :( I was going to stay up and try to snag some cheap iSights. :eek:

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
blueflame said:
nope not at 12est

Wow, you were really watching the clock, weren't you? ;)

How does this work, is Apple just going to discount several things, or is it going to be a mad rush because only the first 1000 people get the discount? Could they do something like that online? :confused:

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I'm waking up at 5 AM for shopping tomorrow, so I'll be sure to check the Apple online store before heading out the door. Do you think the sale is only good for a few hours or could it be the whole day? I hope it's the entire day since I won't be back home until the early afternoon.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
generik said:
Is it applicable to the online store too?
Last year it was, and rumors this year say it will be again. So, yes. But there is no way to know if the savings will be the same in-store compared to online.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
p0intblank said:
I'm waking up at 5 AM for shopping tomorrow, so I'll be sure to check the Apple online store before heading out the door. Do you think the sale is only good for a few hours or could it be the whole day? I hope it's the entire day since I won't be back home until the early afternoon.
Last year it was all Day - I think. I know it was more than a couple of hours though.

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
Just visited the online store -- what a pathetic sale. I was expecting something useful like 10% off on everything or something along those lines. I may have bought a nano.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
uv23 said:
Just visited the online store -- what a pathetic sale. I was expecting something useful like 10% off on everything or something along those lines. I may have bought a nano.
It's a tolerable sale. Some of the deals aren't on the education discount or they're better than it. Not many though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.