Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scifience

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2003
Well... duh. Of course it's not ready for prime time. That's why it's a developer beta, not a public beta.

Obviously. Just making an observation.

Really liking the new keyboard, though, and excited to start playing with Swift.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
I was wondering about this to, as I was just discussing it with my mom. She doesn't want much, just accessing her safari bookmarks instead of my dad's would be fine.

That's important. I need clarification on the whole Family Sharing thing.

If it's not as good as individual user accounts (dammit), at least it's an effort to mitigate the lack of it.

Bloomedis

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
The developer side of things are certainly a big change. I think this is going to see apps make a big jump in capability or functionality. Although there no major changes overall for the general public, I think the small changes will make a big difference in how we use our apple gear. Can't wait to see them rolled out :D

No hardware announcements was a little disappointing though. Not unexpected for me but does make the anticipation a lot worse. Be nice if they can sort iTunes Radio roll out which is long overdue. In the UK and still waiting :rolleyes:

You say that as if the UK is some prime market for the Apple business.

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2009
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 21.02.28.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 21.02.28.png
    23 KB · Views: 1,652

mrjr101

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
Is IOS in the car dead? I thought this to be a huge deal for Apple a few months ago. No?

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Not being rhetorical. I want to know.

I'm just always surprised at how many people think they'll release hardware at a Developer Conference, it's mostly always software related and people then feel hard done by expecting something different...not saying that's you I hasten to add...:)

To answer your question, it's very rare for Apple to announce hardware during WWDC, however I can't remember exactly the last time they did.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
iBooks built in. Not from app store.

I see battery usage stats on a per app basis.

----------

Is IOS in the car dead? I thought this to be a huge deal for Apple a few months ago. No?

Why do you think Dead? Pioneer's aftermarket headunit upgrade comes out in a mere few weeks.

Honda this year and many others this and next.

cruisencode

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2009
I'm just always surprised at how many people think they'll release hardware at a Developer Conference, it's mostly always software related and people then feel hard done by expecting something different...not saying that's you I hasten to add...:)

To answer your question, it's very rare for Apple to announce hardware during WWDC, however I can't remember exactly the last time they did.

Didn't they announce the Mac Pro last year? And MacBook Air and Pro the year before?

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
I noticed you only mentioned the features that you can do on Android but conveniently forgot to mention all the things you can't do on Android.

That's kind of their way. I won't point out who "they" are because I will get banned.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

It's not rare.

2009 WWDC: iPhone 3GS, maybe more
2010 WWDC: iPhone 4, maybe more
2011 WWDC: ???
2012 WWDC: new macbook refresh, macbook retina
2013 WWDC: New Airports, new macbooks, Mac Pro trashcan preview
2014 WWDC: null

It's rare for there to be no hardware.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Didn't they announce the Mac Pro last year? And MacBook Air and Pro the year before?

To be honest I can't remember as I'm a little overwhelmed by this Keynote. Having said that most people when they refer to hardware announcements during WWDC refer to iPhone and iPad...or that could just be my take on it...:)

pepsijunky

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2008
Salem, OR
It feels like we've reached the point where the big announcements are not so big. I'm not really interested in any of this, I'll take a newer bigger phone in September though. ;)

jhwalker

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2011

Every year - so last time was 2013. Duh.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
It's not rare.

2009 WWDC: iPhone 3GS, maybe more
2010 WWDC: iPhone 4, maybe more
2011 WWDC: ???
2012 WWDC: new macbook refresh, macbook retina
2013 WWDC: New Airports, new macbooks, Mac Pro trashcan preview
2014 WWDC: null

It's rare for there to be no hardware.

Sorry, I stand corrected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.