Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I cannot wait to see this! All ARM questions will finally be answered.

I really want to know how fast/efficient the new chips will be and which device is debuting first. I'm interested in an iMac and MBP, even though I just bought the latest 13" this year.

Corsig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Oh man maybe they will announce IOS 15 and iPhone 13. Just kidding it will probably be about dark mode coming out finally

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
One more thing may pertain to this being the final product briefing of the year.
That is a given....As I said before, I think this would've been the last thing that Apple would've announced in the annual iPhone event, if COVID-19 didn't ruin Apple's plans. This announcement would've been the 1 more thing.

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
I hope they put out something professional. Another ultralight portable that is almost Intel level would be a huge disappointment.
They cant..since pro wants to be sure that the consumer products works as intended
Expect the big macbook pro, the bigger imac, to be released next year in the fall and the mac pro 2 years from now

KennyJr

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2020
Pre-orders for the iPhone Mini and iPhone Pro Max start on the 6th. I suspect orders for those products will be slow in coming until after the 10th. Silly to tie up all that money before that last big announcement.

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England
I don't want to wish my life away, but I am so excited to see the new Macs in the hands of reviewers and get an idea of how well Rosetta 2 works and how powerful the new chips will be.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
My thought too. How long of a lead time will app developers need to prepare for this? They'll need longer than any other product. Apple will need to announce this long before they launch.

I don't think that's the case, but it would make sense with the invite graphic. The Apple logo is stopping, and filtering, the source of light...

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Perhaps the most exciting Apple event of the year, except maybe WWDC which confirmed AS Macs in the first place.

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
They cant..since pro wants to be sure that the consumer products works as intended
Expect the big macbook pro, the bigger imac, to be released next year in the fall and the mac pro 2 years from now

Pro's need machines to work on to sell to consumers. And we need a machine that shows us the power of the new chips. A MacBook that can match a Core i3 isn't going to inspire confidence that ARM is anything other than just another low cost, low speed edition.

Reactions: machinesworking

RobbyIdol

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
What are the concerns about buying into a 1st gen Apple silicon MBP? Why should someone NOT buy on launch this year?

Reactions: dizmonk

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Perhaps the most exciting Apple event of the year, except maybe WWDC which confirmed AS Macs in the first place.
You said it! I have been anxiously waiting for this day and Apple did everyone in the US a solid favor by scheduling it a week after the election. Everyone (in the US at least), for a good 1 hour or 2 hours, can just forget about the election results and just celebrate Apple introducing new products. This event will feel like Christmas eve, than any other Apple event Apple has held this year because we just don't know what to expect. We knew what to expect with the iPhone event, we knew what to expect at the Apple Watch event. We just don't know what to expect at next week's event!

It's so exciting!

avkills

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Be nice to hear about some Big Navi AMD MPX modules for the MacPro.

I am excited to see what Apple can do with a desktop class A-series chip.

Reactions: rajador
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.