Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
People here are pretending to be excited now but after the keynote there will be the majority of posts here saying, "Worse Keynote Ever". "I can get better specs on a PC for 1/3 the price". "It wasn't the Mac I expected for the first rollout of ARM-based Macs and Apple will fail". "I expected the price to be cheaper for the ARM Macs". "Apple said ARM-based Macs will be cheaper".....but they really didn't.

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
Expect 13” macbook air and 13” mbp to be released in November with an redesign 24” imac for December

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don't want to see no more rainbow. Aint nothing to really be happy about in 2020. Too many lost too many ill. Far too sad.

So ... bring out some SERIOUS world class BEYOND the NEXT anything level Apple Silicon 14" MBP!
Bring out the MB reborn.

Reactions: Big Ron

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
My expectations for the new Macbooks:

1. Enough performance to blow intel laptops out of the water.
2. 15 hours of battery life.
3. Same price range as the current lineup.
#3 you can count on. #1 is completely over the top nonsense. #2 is possible but don't be disappointed if it's not that much in battery life, no matter the model.

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
I think there may be two Macs debuting with Apple Silicon: MacBook and 23" iMac (or base Mac mini). While I can't be sure they'll do a desktop model quite that fast, it would be a smart bet on the MacBook at least.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
"13 inch X 2" - l0vetodream

Probably just a 13" MBA and 13" MBP :/

13" x 2 ...

OMG, 26" Mac ... :D

I'm actually ready to get our Little G a new notebook, and was hoping for a 13"-ish initial ASi laptop product, so it sounds like maybe a couple of options in that spec. Super interested to see how close some of the speculation around ASi performance turns about to be - especially excited to hear about the performance-to-power-consumption ratio (and how the thermals are designed, 13" MB "Air" as a fanless machine?)

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
They cant..since pro wants to be sure that the consumer products works as intended
Expect the big macbook pro, the bigger imac, to be released next year in the fall and the mac pro 2 years from now
I see your point, but only releasing a low end Mac will reinforce a common belief that Arm is only capable of low end because it has most commonly been used in mobile devices. Maybe they will only go as far as the smaller MacBook Pro, but if Apple Silicon is a game changer in performance, it could overshadow the larger Intel MBP.

Apple Silicon is interesting from a technical viewpoint, but I am also curious about how they Apple going to progress the change through their model line (and maybe add something new).

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
Rumors point to 3 devices. My predictions:
  • MacBook revival
  • MacBook Air
  • 13-inch MacBook Pro
There is no way that Apple is going to reveal a desktop AS Mac. There has already been a leak that the AS iMac will release in 1Q 2021, which point to transitioning the other desktop Macs to AS next year.

However, Apple can always surprise us, but in these days of constant leaks, I really doubt Apple can surprise us with the actual products that they are going to announce.
I think there will be two. 13" MB & 13" MBP

Reactions: ascender

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
And a whole week early! Bring it on!

Can’t wait to see what they’ve done... don’t let me down now Apple! Full redesign of the MBP please!

I”m still thinking it will an an entry level Macbook (Air) and 13” MBP with a 16” MBP spec bump.

Reactions: ModusOperandi

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
LOvetodream just leaked it’s only the 13 inch getting released. So disappointing if there’s no redesign. Given how Apple are leaning into Dolby Vision on the iPhone, any new Mac that doesn’t have hdr is dead on arrival to me.
He had two tweets related to his / her leaks: 1) only 13" size & 2) two 13" models

rafark

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2017
One of their best posters in a while

applenovemberevent.jpg

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Why would any manufacturer place a desktop chip in a smartphone?
It would be interesting if Apple introduced a phone with Apple Silicon, including more RAM, that could function as a Mac. Connect it wirelessly to a monitor/TV (via a dongle as they generally don't have wireless connectivity), keyboard, and mouse/trackpad for a very flexible device.

The performance could be there of a reasonable computer for many. And as an extension of the idea, take away the screen and battery for a tiny Mac Nano.

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010
Sweet! Just bought a Macbook Air last week, so i will still be in my return window!
I'm in the same boat as you.. but the iMac one... :) Literally just ordered new 2020 an hour before the announcement of next week's show... On the slim chance, one of the announcements is a new iMac, I could cancel the current order and get the 1st gen AS.

However, realistically I can't imagine Apple announcing a new iMac three months after releasing the 2020s.

Reactions: ModusOperandi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.