Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
That was an odd plug. Way "over-produced". Lacks the fun-in-the-moment" feel that belongs in that announcement video.
Yeah, it felt forced and overly corporate.

I miss “fun” Apple, they seemed so much more human back in the Steve days, which was a nice contrast to their minimalist design language. They’re so clinical and overly polished these days (Except for Craig, gosh I hope he’s next in line for CEO, we need more of that charisma)

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
I'm sorry, but even if they somehow convince me to buy an EV, I'm not gonna buy one with the word "turbo" in its name. How about we come up with new naming conventions? Call it OC, for overclocked, or something. There is no turbocharging an electric motor.

Came here to say exactly this. In vehicles, "turbo" refers to an actual turbocharger on an internal combustion engine. Anything else you slap the word on, it's just marketing that reeks of the '80s.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Apple's marketing is starting to feel like a PowerPoint presentation in a Teams meeting. They really need to change things up, desperately

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Don´t need to. Most of us apple users will be using it in a few years.
No they won't. People were interested in the AVP for about a week after launch, and now nobody cares. Mentioning it breifly in a Porsche video is, to me, just more proof that Apple has absolutely no idea how to sell the public on the idea that this thing is something they need to incorporate into their lives.

257Loner

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2022
Tim Cook is too Baptist, too Christian compared to Porsche CEO Oliver Blume. Tim Cook was raised with that generous spirit that believes when one company succeeds, customers win. To Oliver, their competitors must be crushed underneath their jackboots. lol, what a cultural difference! By the way, I love Tim Cook's attitude. I wish it infected more companies.

Reactions: gusmula

SouthBronx187

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2022
IMG_0710.png

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Wow
Reactions: gusmula

ZZ9pluralZalpha

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2014
Makes more sense than Tesla, from a marketing/aesthetic perspective
Porsche: European company founded as a design consulting firm and slow to embrace new-tech EVs; founder who worked his way up through his industry; cockpits stubbornly festooned with buttons; offers scads of models and voluminous options lists
Tesla: young Silicon Valley-adjacent company that was an upstart in its field and based on new tech; founder famous for being iconoclastic and demanding; infamous for removing every feasible button from controls and a poor choice of charging port location; product line was until recently a 2x2 grid (mainstream/“pro”, sedan/SUV)

Marketing strategy, I don’t know. Everything else…

Reactions: sleeptodream

roar08

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Porsche's EV is called the Taycan

Apple's cancelled EV is internally referred to as the Taycan't

🤣

Is that what they're called? I never see the badging in the rear view of my Model S.

Why would the existence of the Taycan preclude Apple from buying them? If they were shopping a manufacturer in lieu of building in-house I would think that would only bolster their interest.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Tim Cook, all the charisma of a piece of Balsa Wood.

Great at logistics, but zero when it comes to being anything like Steve Jobs.
More to a great line of new and innovative products than how to make money, should be some passion there.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
Steve Jobs intended to create products for the common man ("a computer for the rest of us"). And here we have Tim Cook who intended to create the Apple Vision Pro for people who can afford a Porsche Taycan Turbo GT, which is a car with a starting price of $230,000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.