Apple.com /Apple Store app iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order and Dispatch thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

18 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

58 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. iPhone X

1,495 vote(s)
    96.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bee1776 macrumors newbie

Bee1776

Good advice on using a VPN. I always use one.
    FYI really liking the dual speakers on my new 8+. Attending a Photo Class at the Apple Store today. Been with Apple products since 2007 but I can always learn something new or use a refresher.

2. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

While I would not think a VPN would be "necessary" (your devices bought in US, delivered in US, and shipping address registered to us on AppleID). Like the previous posters have said. Couldn't hurt to use a VPN as a precaution to help avoid any potential hiccups that you might encounter based on location.

So yeeeeeaaah, I'd say go with VPN.

3. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors regular

Blondie&Dagwood

Thank for the responses fellas! I will definitely have the VPN set-up and ready to go then. Guess I will only know once I get onboard and will try see if I can access the U.S. app store once in international waters, and yes, I am fully aware and nervous about the internet speed placing me at a disadvantage :(. We had booked the cruise months ago, and I was gutted when they announced Oct 27th as the pre-order date. I even considered investigating the cost of rescheduling the cruise by a week - but the wife would divorce me - haha.

Any tips and advice on the best VPN service? I was eyeing out PureVPN based on PcMag rating that the fastest, I don't mind paying for service.

4. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

Did you get your phone? If not you could check UPS for your status.

5. renszzzzzzz macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am new to this thread, but have the feeling all of you will know the answer to this question.
    I am planning to buy an IPhone X through Apple.com (like many of you are :)).

However I am traveling a lot for work and use different sim cards in Europe and need to have an IPhone X version that works everywhere in Europe also. Currently there is no sim lock free version (maybe it will come around the preorder date).

But which version Verizon/ T-Mobile etc. will work on all the networks in Europe / the world? (IPhone X only).

Thanks in advance!

6. Zaned303 macrumors regular

Zaned303

How’s that possible since it’s shy a month away from Preorders?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2017 ---
    Anyone get a Verizon IPhone 8/8+ they sold me a bundle (8+ and LTE Watch3) for the cost of the entry level X and 3 months free watch service FYI Watch 3 lands tomorrow but I had a late October ship date since I ordered the watch 4 days after preorders started.. let me know if anyone else is able to score?

7. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Yes, it arrived at my house right as I was getting home from work yesterday evening. I spent all evening setting it up as a new device, and installing apps. I got all my regular apps loaded, but none of my games yet.

I am just waiting for Apple to remove the second charge to my credit card, when they issued a replacement phone. I called them yesterday and they said they are canceling the replacement order which should remove the charge.

UPS updated tracking to show that the replacement phone had successfully been intercepted and my Apple account order shows that it was canceled. But the pending charge is still showing on my card. Now that both of these events occurred I hope tomorrow my credit account updates with the pending charge removed. Or I may have to call them again.

And I was able to sell my 7+ today to defray some the cost for my 8+. So things starting to smooth out for me:D
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2017 ---
    If it occurs that you can’t get a “SIM-Free” model, then I would recommend ordering a “verizon” model. The verizon model will have both CDMA and GSM network support, giving you access to the largest amount of available networks.

My old 7+ was the “verizon” version, and I was using it on a gsm network.

Good luck on your preorder mon ami!

8. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

Hope that works out for you. I really seems like the wait times for the iPhone X will move out quickly.

9. OverclockedPotato macrumors newbie

Hello, first timer here for both this thread and the iPhone Upgrade Program through
    Apple.com.

I am looking to pre-order an iPhone X. My current carrier is T-Mobile. I am new to the iPhone Upgrade Program and want to have the greatest chance possible at getting an iPhone X in my hands by November. I have done some research regarding T-Mobile's in store only policy, but I am still confused. Surely Apple does not expect me to be able to just walk in on launch day and get a T-Mobile iPhone X.

I have read that people have gotten reservation links last year for the iPhone 7 from Apple support chat that lets them reserve the 7 through iUP and go to the Apple Store to pay and pick it up. However, I have not been able to find anything regarding reservations for the X.

So, here are my questions:
    1) Generally, what is my best course of action?
    2) More specifically, should I just get the Verizon/Sprint version (the better models) and try to switch to T-Mobile iUP in store? Would they let me? Would I have to buy it in full and try to get it refunded in store? From what I understand to get the iUP ones you need a Verizon account.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and (possibly) helping me

10. gamerish macrumors regular

Any way for people on the IUP to use the favorites trick for the X? Unlike the other payment options I don't get the option to favorite it after configuring the model I want.

11. redb macrumors newbie

I live in Italy and I've always bought Iphones in us, they all work fine everywhere (I travel a lot).
    All Iphones bought on apple.com at full price are sim free even if they refer to a particular operator.
    All they do is putting the operator sim you chose in the box or directly in the phone tray.
    That's all.

12. Zaned303 macrumors regular

Zaned303

For everyone who got the 8+ Preorder are you happy? Any pros vs cons in your eyes?

13. bluevast macrumors member

bluevast

I was wondering if I can make a down payment on the X during checkout on the Apple Store App? I did this last year when ordering the iPhone 7 from AT&T to lower monthly payments. Thanks.

14. duky macrumors 6502

Looks worth every penny. Just was on a flight with someone who worked at Apple and was testing everything

Attached Files:

15. Cal MR macrumors newbie

Ordered a iPhone 8 64 GB Space Gray from the Apple store Saturday afternoon 9/30/2017. Estimated delivery time was 2 to 3 weeks. It shipped from Shanghai today at 1:30 am Pacific Time.

16. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

Yes. Down payments can be done as before.

17. bluevast macrumors member

bluevast

So even on the Apple Store App? I called Apple and they were not 100% sure.

18. Apple-of-my-eye, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017

Apple-of-my-eye macrumors regular

Apple-of-my-eye

My daughter ordered Sprint version 8 Plus 64 GB Gold on Sunday from Apple’s site. It’s already shipped and supposed to be delivered tomorrow! (Original expected ship time was Oct 6-10)

I’m holding out for the X- but excited to play with her phone a bit when it comes in!

19. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

Holding out for and x too. Looks like that might be a hard get seeing how many people are actually waiting.

20. plexdk macrumors 6502

Nice, How did the silver look in person?

21. Lankyman macrumors 68000

22. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

Can someone please explain to me the steps to do what I'm about to ask? I know I've been on here for years, but never once wanted to get a Verizon phone. But now, I may just because I'm tempted to switch to Verizon down the line. Anyways, I want to preorder the iPhone X come the 27th. But I want to get the Verizon model. I have AT&T currently. So I made a trial run ordering an 8 Plus, and it required my Verizon phone number and last four of my social. (I don't want to use a payment plan, just want to buy outright.) What does one do? Anybody able to shed light on this?

23. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Even if you plan on purchasing outright for the Verizon model it still requires your Verizon account info. No way around it if you plan on purchasing it at Apple.com. If you want to get the Verizon model then you can create an account with Verizon. Or wait till they are available in store and walk to the store and buy it that way as they don’t require your account info.

24. coolbreeze2 macrumors regular

Since you are buying outright (paying in full) from Apple, buy the version with no carrier. It will work with any carrier you later choose. You will have to buy the SIM from the carrier you choose rather than get free SIM from Apple. However, SIM is just a few dollars.

25. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

There is no sim free model for the iPhone X available at pre order so the guy above wouldn’t be able to. So he would have to buy one from the carrier selection from Apple.com and he wants wants Verizon model. So therefore he will need a Verizon account even if you plan to buy outright it requires carrier account info. Only way around this is buy it directly from Apple Store near you.