Other Apple.com /Apple Store app iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order and Dispatch thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

19 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

60 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. iPhone X

1,527 vote(s)
    96.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shadowbech macrumors 601

you will need to activate on Verizon first

2. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Well status says “shipping”. Delivery estimate is currently reading 28-oct 2.

My guess, is strongest possibility is Thursday delivery. Unless, the email notifications are “catching up” and it actually went out this afternoon/evening. If that happened it is possible for tomorrow delivery. But I think the highest probability is Thursday.

Stay tuned. :cool:

3. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Did you check tracking via reference for both FedEx and UPS?

4. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

found it on UPS /cringe just now. Last scan is St. Louis. Tracking says delivery today...So maybe tomorrow?o_O

Nothing shows on FedEx. Odd, Apple rep said they’d use fedex. But UPS time stamps dates are current.

5. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Yesterday I ordered an iPhone 8 64GB from the Apple Store app. It said the delivery would take place between 1-2 weeks but I just got a notification it’s already out for delivery to my house...

They must not be selling hard if I could order one and have it delivered just like that, lol

6. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Yeah, they’re selling moderately well. I assume shipping estimates are just being cautious. The lion’s share are likely waiting to get an X.

Mine departed STL about 3 hrs ago. So the trailer should be getting dropped at my local hub about now. If not there already.

7. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

The daytime soap opera continues. (no it’s not lost again). I received a call from the local UPS dispatch (I’d left my number with her last week). She was confirm that my device had reached town, and was being put on a truck today. But the interesting part is she claimed it was the original package.

I had my doubts, but didn’t say anything, only that I was expecting a replacement. So anyway, after I hung up I got on Apples website and compared invoices for both shipments listed. The device serial numbers match.

Somehow my phone fell off the tracking “radar”. Wound up back in Tennessee, only to be shipped back out again, as my replacement.:confused:

/shrug:rolleyes: oh well, what else would you expect from the life of a guy in a bear-suit.

8. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502a

They can activate it for you at the Apple Store if you pick it up there. I bought an unlocked AT&T iPhone 8 for launch day pickup, and they activated it without even taking it out of the box. They can just scan the bar code on the outside of the box.

Also - I verified that it is indeed unlocked by doing a restore from backup. I got the little "Congratulations - your iPhone is unlocked" popup window.

9. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

That is the craziest one yet. :)

10. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Oh it gets better. Citi bank is screaming at me because I am over my limit (I’m not) because Apple has submitted another charge to my card for a phone o_O. But supposedly they are canceling the other phone. But I got another shipping notice...

I’m going to need a Xanax very soon :confused:

11. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

This is getting crazy, lol.

12. zafaraliyougt Suspended

zafaraliyougt

Hi KdParker,
    Thanks for Sharing Those links But I already Ordered The Apple iPhone X for My Sister.

13. - rob - macrumors 6502

- rob -

14. Fummijen, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017

Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

I GOT IT!! Now I just wait until tomorrow and see if the pending charge gets removed from my card.

Oh and to top it all off, I have to take my truck to the body shop to repair the bumper.

I’ve had the week from hell.

I’m staying inside and hiding where I can’t cause anymore trouble tonight, and playing with my new phone.

:oops:

15. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

A little late to the party. Ordered the sim-free 64 GB Gold 8 Plus this morning. EDD is Sept 29th-Oct 2nd. Card has been charged and status says “Preparing for shipment”.

16. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

So jealous how fast everyone who ordered after Sept 15 are going - happy for them - but jealous. lol. Lesson learned for next time.

Welcome to the club @rarebeauty - Hope it ships fast :).

17. Shadowbech macrumors 601

More than likely, it will ship tomorrow, and you will get it on the 29th.

18. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

Thanks! And hopefully it does ship fast *fingers crossed*
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2017 ---
    Kinda sucks because I won’t be home until Friday evening. I’ll have to adjust the delivery date or have it held for pickup.

19. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Yea, likely you can request a hold for pick up. Probably safer this way.

20. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

It will likely ship very soon. They seem to have adequate stock left to go around.

Welcome to the party. May your experience be better than mine. :p

21. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

Just got my shipment notification! Phone expected to be delivered tomorrow by the end of day via FedEx. That was relatively pain free. Thank goodness lol.

22. xtremefx macrumors member

xtremefx

Last year i bought my 7 Plus 128Gb Jet Black.. "Sim free" at full price 969+ tax.. (1050 total) and ask for the price match after they send me the phone)

when i got it... it was a locked AT&T version.. and when i contact customer support they told me that they did not sell unlocked cell phones... but thanks god it was an AT&T and i only contact them by the website put the iphone information and put a sim card from at&t on the phone 2 hours later and they unlocked my phone. after that works amazing..

23. calibrad, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

calibrad macrumors member

Maybe Ill try the 8+ to see if I can get use to the weight.

24. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker. Need some advice. I am currently a Verizon customer with an iPhone 6. I want to pre-order the iPhone X on October 27th - 64gb, but still on the fence about space grey or silver. My plan is to activate a 2nd line on Verizon to get a second number, and then try order two if possible, one grey and the other silver. Then on launch day I will make my decision and try resell the other one on the black market if possible or just return it, and cancel the 2nd line. I will be paying full price.

So this is my big question. I plan to pre-order at midnight on Oct 27th, however the wife and I will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise on that day and will be somewhere in international waters between Jamaica and Mexico. Luckily Royal Caribbean have high speed internal plans available, and I have already pre-purchased a voom plan that allows 3 devices to be connected at the same time with high speed internet and streaming. I will have my phone, ipdad and laptop connected at that time with the phone using the apple store app, the ipad using the Verizon store app, and the laptop on the apple site, and between the wife and I we will be banging the refresh buttons on all three. Seeing we will be in International waters, will we even be allowed to connect to the US Apple store and purchase from there, or do we have to set-up a VPN of some sort? Any tips and advice please?

25. nyisles84 macrumors regular

You should prob go through a VPN to play it safe, but a word of caution as a fellow cruiser. No matter how high-speed it is billed as, you are most likely going to run into some issues. Hell people on a full-speed hardwired line have issues refreshing and getting in. So just be aware while it's good you'll have a chance while at sea, you are going to be at a bit of a disadvantage on the refreshing