Apple.com /Apple Store app iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order and Dispatch thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

18 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

58 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. iPhone X

1,477 vote(s)
    96.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

My coworker just got his - he missed the UPS delivery truck and just drove to the Customer center to get it. lol.

Congrats on getting yours!!! :D

2. videojanitor macrumors member

videojanitor

Thanks! I’ll be waiting to hear when yous arrives. I haven’t opened mine yet as I only rolled out of bed about 15 minutes before the truck came by — I’m not awake enough. Need to savor the unboxing!

3. Shadowbech, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

So I ordered another sim-free iPhone 8 plus 256 SG for my father yesterday. While the the status says 1-2 weeks (Oct. 3- oct 10). I checked my status and already says "Preparing to Ship". I checked Fedex.com and it's already picked up and being delivered tomorrow.

upload_2017-9-26_13-18-50.png
    upload_2017-9-26_13-29-16.png
    upload_2017-9-26_13-20-4.png

4. tripleh3lix macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

Haha that's cool! Howdy neighbor! Mines out for delivery too. Never had any shipments from fedex home delivery, so hopeful they deliver earlier and not 6-7pm like UPS

5. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

NICE!!! Talk about super early!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    FedEx doesn't deliver till 4-6pm here :( So I'll be doing a late work day! :p

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yea I was in for a surprise too. I wasn't expecting any changes yet on my order, but when I checked. BAM, status changed and already have tracking.

7. tripleh3lix macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes it's 1.. sometimes it's 4-5. Depends what truck and delivery service comes.

8. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

10 mins later, FedEx pulled up. I got it :D

9. tripleh3lix macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

Haha congrats!!

10. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Still waiting on Apple. UPS finished the search just after mid day yesterday. I would have assumed Apple has been notified by now. I may have to hassle them again after work. :(

11. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Which wireless charger do you have?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    Which one did you get? Is it 7.5W?

12. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

After another chat we are right back to the “4 business day to complete” the investigation. Sooooooo, maaaaayyybe I will I have my phone I preordered on the 15th by this time next week. :mad:

13. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Wow that's frustrating... I would have expected faster service. :(

14. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Last year I preordered my 7plus. That was such a fiasco, I ended up canceling my order and paying a scalper on Amazon a $100 markup for my phone and got my phone nearly a month before Apple was going to get me one.

Needless to say probably, but after this years trials I am now strongly considering just asking for my money back and waiting for the Pixel 2 XL. Really getting my opinion of the company and the product soured...

Two doesn’t make a pattern, but it does constitute a trend. I feel REALLY sorry for anyone trying to get an X

15. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Although my preorder wasn't screwed up at all, the fact that I ordered Friday at 9:48am and saw quite a few people who ordered after me get their phone (I didn't get mine today) - I don't think I'll be pre-ordering again. I hate waiting for something that is so expensive, I'll just wait a month later and order online if I have to. Ordering on the 15th and not getting it till the 26th was kinda nuts.

The Pixel is a GREAT phone, really looking forward to how the 2 XL turns out. Most of my coworkers are Android users.

16. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Funny thing is. I don’t regret one red cent of the mark up. I just found it ironic a random shmuck in upstate New York provided me with the smooth experience that a billion trillion dollar company was failing to provide.

My brother drinks the Google kool-aid. He has the Pixel and all things Google. I was an Android user from the time I gave up my 3gS until I got my 7+.

I use VUDU for video, Kindle for books, and all my music is backed up. So changing “ecosystems” is nothing to me. :cool:

17. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I bought the Belkin one from Apple. No issues so far. No overheating either on my 8 plus

18. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Quick review: iPhone 8+ 256GB Space Grey.

Absolutely love it. First impressions - WOW this thing is very heavy. Noticeably heavier/thicker than my 6s+. Feels a lot more solid. The button isn't a button but sure feels like one with the feedback. I like it. Wireless charging works like a charm. Phone is a LOT easier to use nekkid but you get fingerprints on the back so I slapped on my Anker Breeze Karapax case - wireless charging works perfectly still.

Easier to see screen outdoors. Loving going back to black from a white 6s+. It is noticeably faster than the 6s+ but the 6s+ is by no means slow.

Battery capacity is 2752 mAh (coconutBattery) - way over the design capacity of 2675 mAh! Woo hoo.

I did several calls to try to replicate the crackling issue reported in the forums - even had a 23 min call with my mom. Looks like my 8+ is crackle free.

Screen is just incredibly pleasant to look at - True Tone.

Best thing I love so far? Setting my phone down on the wireless charger and the fact that the black case and black phone is just amazing (black is my favorite color).

Now I will go out and take a ton of photos/video that I don't have to delete (using 15.4GB of 256GB) :)

Was nice meeting you all and being part of the 8/8+ release. First time ever buying a release iPhone. The wait was a killer!

19. videojanitor macrumors member

videojanitor

Same here -- nice chatting with you. This is definitely step up from my 6 Plus (not even the "s" version). Haven't played around with a whole lot yet -- been spending a lot of time just getting everything configured. Although I restored from a backup of my old phone, many things need passwords re-entered, and Touch ID set up. It's a process, but I'm getting there.

20. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Quick question. I just checked Best Buy’s website. They have a Silver 8+ 256 GB that if I buy tonight will be ready for in store pick up tomorrow.

So my question is. If I buy the “Verizon” model from best buy is it unlocked and the same as my “sim free” I ordered from Apple?

21. Bee1776 macrumors newbie

Bee1776

I don’t think they sell unlocked phones but give them a call to confirm.

22. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Well, I compared model numbers and they are identical. They also allow me to buy it outright.

23. Bee1776 macrumors newbie

Bee1776

Great. Enjoy your phone. I am enjoying my 8+ that came today.

24. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Hm, only thing I could find is a post that says they lock to the first carrier sim card you put in it during activation. Which could be tricky, I use Cricket...maybe I will just continue to wait for Apple to get their s§|# together.

:eek: SOB!! as I was typing I finally got an email from Apple. Stating they will replace my items.

eh-hem...guess that solves that. Move along nothing to see here :rolleyes:

25. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Hopefully it ships soon!