Apple.com preorder thread - iPhone 6/6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltb7, Sep 9, 2014.

1. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Less than 24hrs to decide which color I want # #FirstWorldProbs

2. ybenali macrumors member

Please can any one help. i'm planning on preordering 2 iPhones (6 and 6+)using express checkout to reduce the number of steps however i can see that you can only take one item at a time using the express option and if you want to order one more item you have to add the first one to the cart and back to the store to order the other.

anyone in here with previous experience??? or tips.

thanks

3. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

If they do pre-orders for a store pick up and you have paid for it - there will be a iPhone sitting waiting for you at the Apple store unless the van taking it there didn't make it. The good thing about a pre-order a week before sale and before they are shipped to the store means they centrally have all the stock, will take pre-orders for all the stock that they have allocated to be available for pre-orders and once they have reached the threshold they will change the delivery date.

On the days running up to the 19th they will deliver to the store 2 allocations - 1: with all the pre-orders for named customers that cannot be sold for x amount of time if it has not been collected by the allocated customer and allocation 2: will be the shipment of iPhones that Apple will send to the store to cover people that have just turned up on the day to chance buying. Now they may not send a lot of devices in either shipment but if you are given the confirmation that you have pre-ordered and that it can be picked up on the 19th from the store you selected, within reason it will be there. Please be calm people, this is not the 1st time they have or any retailer has attempted this kind of thing.

4. McBeats macrumors 6502a

I'm back once again for another release. This time ima try the apple app even though I've been successful last year via online. Good luck everyone, may you get what you want launch day!

5. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

12am pst and 3am est are the same time, just different time zones.

6. California King macrumors 65816

What's your point? To be more clear, will pre-order start when eastern time hits midnight or pacific time hits midnight...meaning at 9pm pacific or 12am pacific? duh.. ;)

7. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

I have to call verizon tomorrow, but the article I read said they take iPhone 4 and up. I was thinking of switching my account back to iP4 and sending that one in? I think it's still $200 for that too, so why not? If that's true.... Lol

Color Question
    Is it gray - white front
    Gold- white front
    Space gray black front

8. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

well considering every article that talks about pre-orders mentions starting at 12am PST...

PST=Pacific Standard Time...

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I'd shoot for 12am PDT so you don't miss I by an hour.

10. stiloverx macrumors regular

you cant imagine how many alarms im setting up for 2:30AM EST to be ready and pre oder the phone . Im really hoping on getting the phone the same day :D

11. onepremiere macrumors regular

I would assume the roll out is similar to the 5 Launch where mass units were staged in warehouses (possibly Memphis, TN - FedEx and Louisville, KY - UPS). I am sure they are arriving now!

I am still curious how they distribute them from these locations/warehouses. Do they employee a massive team to fill these orders? (IE: picking the phone and labeling the box).

I am having trouble remembering, but I think my 5 came from the factory overseas and I received it on launch day.

12. bencjedi macrumors 6502

No LOL. It's the same time 3am EST = 12AM PST

LOL

Would be nice if Apple instead did 12AM EST = 9pm PST

13. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Do you have a source for this information? I want it to be true, but if I remember correctly, in years past in-store preorders were not true preorders. If you selected in-store pickup, you were not guaranteed a phone. When I waited in line for the iPhone 4, there was a separate line for "preorders" and not everyone received one.

14. Corysxj88 macrumors newbie

OK, So I have a couple questions here. Been reading through all these pages, but want to get some stuff straight.

This will be my first iPhone preorder...and my first iPhone...(I do have an iPad)

Since I live on the east coast, I will be setting my alarm like Im sure many of you guys will.. I am currently with Verizon, but I see that most of you say that its better to order through the Apple website or Apple store app....My wife will also be ordering a new iPhone but she already has a 4s, so she should be fine ordering through the app but what if I use my Ipad since I currently have a Galaxy S4? should it still work the same?

Also, if ordering online, will it honestly matter if I use my debit card? I work for a bank and was asking around, and everyone said that everything should work fine and that banks will not release the funds after a couple says like I had been hearing....
    I or my wife do not have credit cards to use and only have debit cards.

The only thing I am concerned with is the Verizon deal where they give you a $200 gift card....how does that work with preordering on line? I read where someone said, they send you a box to send it back in...but does she have to send it in before she gets her new phone? that won't work, this is her current every day used phone.

Just trying to prepare myself for tonight...Ill be going into work with very few hours of sleep...but I want to make sure I get my 2 preorders in and get them both on or very close to release day.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated....

Also, can't wait to join the apple family!!

15. stiloverx macrumors regular

Yes you can use the ipad app to pre oder as well. And if you use your debit card, i would set the apple account with the debit card that you are going to use right now, so that way when you pre order and checkout you are all set in regards which method/card you are going to use to preorder.

16. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I don't have any info to share on the gift card, but in the past, I have made my preorders through Apple using a debit card with no issues.

17. trophynuts macrumors member

trophynuts

shout out to the person that mentioned the daily spending limit on debit cards. Sure enough I checked and that will not work for me. I need to buy two phones with applecare for each and the limit on my card will not allow that....hmmmmmm

I called the bank and the person I spoke with said it would not allow him to increase it even though the funds were there.

I thought about buying some giftcards today to compensate for the purchase but that then means I would have to rely on the online store and not the app on the phone.

18. Corysxj88 macrumors newbie

10-4

Will do that when I go home for lunch.

I know the wife is probably going to want to get that $200 gift card which kind of sucks though...but maybe she can use to towards our bill or accessories for her iPhone

----------

I work at a bank and they should be able to increase your POS (point of sale) limit to whatever you need for 48 hrs.

Tell them that you need to make a purchase that is going to be X amount od dollars and tell them you NEED it done today and for it to last at least 24-48 hrs.

19. Pjstock42 macrumors regular

Anyone know if there will be any hangups if preordering while on Verizon Edge?

Went to the Verizon store yesterday and the guy was clueless. Basically I wanted to make a one time payment to bring me up to having paid off 60% of my current device so that I'm free to move to the ip6. He told me that he could only do that if I was actually upgrading right then and there which was impossible since you can't order the ip6 yet. He assured me that when I go through the preorder process online, it will recognize my Edge plan and take me through the steps of securing a preorder but I have my doubts.

Anyone else in the same boat?

20. dauby88 macrumors member

Just FYI for those ordering AT&T phones via Apple.com:
    When you order, the default shipping address is the address tied to the AT&T account and it CANNOT BE CHANGED. Order the phone, then call Apple the next day and ask them to change the shipping address to your residence.

This only applies to the few whose AT&T account address is different than where they live. I freaked out the first time I encountered it.

Weirdly, if you order via att.com, changing the shipping address at the time or order is no problem.

(Not sure if the same issue exists for other carriers)

21. pssmith84 macrumors regular

I'm planning on having 3 computers going and using apple.com to preorder tonight, but I'd like to have the apple store app available too. My worry is that I need to use 2 cards for payment. I know I can do that on apple.com, but can I do that on the apple store app as well?

22. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

No. When ordering from Apple you can set the shipping to address and it is not tied to the one on your AT&T account. If you preordered wth AT&T thats when it would ship to the one tied to the account.

23. sholzer macrumors regular

12 am PST is definitely NOT 3 am EDT.... it's 4am EDT

24. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Time for my nMP to prove it's capabilities in conjunction with my lovely Comcast speed. Good luck to everyone tonight.

25. dauby88 macrumors member

I tried both Apple.com and att.com yesterday, and spoke with an Apple rep. What I described in my post has been my experience the last 2 years as well. On Apple's website you get a message that says something like "Due to carrier policy, the shipping address must be the same as the address listed on the account".

Again, I'm not sure if Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile have the same restriction.