Apple.com preorder thread - iPhone 6/6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ltb7, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Vesper6 macrumors newbie

I suspect the PST that you see posted is an error. People make that mistake all of the time. No one in the US is set to PST right now, so it would be crazy for it to not be daylight time.

2. Pjstock42 macrumors regular

Thank you for this reminder, I got screwed last year with this because I wanted it shipped to my office. Just changed my billing address to my office on My Verizon.

3. Yakitorii macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how it works for the Online Apple Stores in Europe (Germany for me)? Which time does the preorders go up here? :S

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Put it on a credit card and pay off the balance.

5. trophynuts macrumors member

trophynuts

I only own one credit card. ...and it is expired. #fail on my part.

my other option is to possibly buy gift cards today to help with the purchase at 0200 for me tomorrow. I realize that this may mean I would have to use the online store instead of the app. I also realize it means I would have to type in a pin number of the gift card....that is why the copy/paste feature exist. I would pre type it in a text editor and just copy and paste it in the field that asks for it. I'll be getting two Tmo models. I'm hoping the stock for those are better. In my area it was like that for the IpadAir.

6. edhawk1965 macrumors member

Maybe you should fly to New York so you can order earlier. /s

7. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

In the past, I copied and pasted the PIN# in iCloud notes. Then copied and pasted from notes to the Apple Store App. Worked like a charm. :)

8. Poly macrumors 6502

I'm interested in that aswell!

9. stiloverx macrumors regular

This is true, this happened to me last year when pre ordering my 5s. I needed the phone to be shipped to my job since im there basically all day. I had to call Apple to change the shipping address the same day i did the pre order.

----------

12 AM in Cali is 3 AM in NY, it's the same thing, you are not waiting any minute/second +/-

10. trophynuts macrumors member

trophynuts

good to know thank you.

I have seen many statements that say I CAN in fact use up to 8 gift cards in the apple store app when making my purchase. I think meow I will purchase the gift cards online and have them emailed to me with the pin to avoid going to my local apple store today and buying physical cards.

anyone else see an issue with this?

Recap: I'm going to purchase a gift card online today to use with my debit card at preorder time hopefully using the apple store app.

11. AlexxRyzhkov macrumors regular

Does anyone here know how preordering the iphone 6 will work with Tmobile jump? I will be trading in my S5 for the iphone

12. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Is going from a expired contract to ATT next worth it?

How much would my monthly Bill be on a 2 year renewed contract vs 12 or 18 month ATT next

my current plan

700 Minutes
    Unlimited Data
    No texting plan

With Corporate discount:

45+30 = 70 before taxes and fees.

13. petervivian macrumors newbie

How many unlocked iPhone 6 can I pre-order from Apple? I have a family plan of 5 lines but unfortunately none is eligible to upgrade at this moment.

14. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

You should be fine.

15. malevolant macrumors 6502

I'll be preordering for in-store pickup. I still have yet to make up my mind on which model. I am about 90% on the 6+ because I want the Optical Image Stabilization and the landscape apps. Just worried about the large size of the phone. Luckily I work at a company that produces 3D printers so I have prints of each phone. Still difficult to decide.

16. SAMCROforever macrumors member

SAMCROforever

I was all set to preordering the iPhone 6, until something trivial came to my mind. I miss iPhones for sure, I had an iPhone 3GS and 4 until I went to the dark side and had a Galaxy S3, HTC One M7 and now HTC One M8. But I'm just worried about not being able to transfer all my stuff...most importantly texts and pictures. Is this possible going from Android to Apple?

17. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Output your Contacts in an output file. Export all your pictures. get an iPhone, Import those contacts, Import all those photos. Done

18. SAMCROforever macrumors member

SAMCROforever

I'm not too worried about contacts, but the text messages is what I do need on the iPhone from my M8. I couldn't find a way to transfer those from Android to Apple.

19. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Really hoping they will allow shipping to a different address than the billing address for the carrier account this time around. Verizon's site is being a pain in the butt because it won't save my apartment number. It will only save the main address. Same thing happened with my iPhone 5.

If not, I will on the phone all day tomorrow to get my apartment number put in the shipping address like I had to do with the 5..... :mad:

20. BluPrynt78 macrumors member

BluPrynt78

I'm practicing on the Apple Store App but when it comes to ordering it tells me that the Pre-order for the NEXT program doesn't allow for In-Store Pick-up!
    Am I missing something?

21. RyanG macrumors 6502

I'm betting they aren't changing the policy this year so they will need to match.

Are you putting the apt number on the first address line?

22. keeganxt macrumors regular

Any one know of any limit per person this year?

23. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Second address line. I try putting it in the first as well, but still doesn't work.

Oh well... Guess I will redialing Apple Support a lot tomorrow. I think I got through at around 5 PM when I had to do it for my 5 after trying all day..... :(

24. ProMod macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know the process for ordering two phone upgrades on separate lines that are on the same Verizon account? Do you have to go through the process twice on Apple.com? Wondering if I'll be better off ordering on Verizon.com.

25. RyanG macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure you could do it through phone support *611 (can't remember if that's Verizon or AT&T).

Hopefully you get it sorted out.