Apple Confirms June 5 WWDC Keynote Will Be Live Streamed

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 25, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today added a new events page to its main website, confirming that its June 5 Worldwide Developers Conference will be live streamed and available to watch on the Apple website and through the Apple TV.

Apple previously said it would provide a live stream of the Worldwide Developers Conference through its Apple Developer website and through the WWDC app, but the new event page makes it clear the keynote event will be available for all to watch even without a developer account.

[​IMG]

WWDC 2017 is looking like it will be one of the most exciting conferences we've had in years. Along with introducing new versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, there are rumors suggesting Apple will introduce new hardware.

New MacBooks and MacBook Pro models are expected, and there's a chance Apple will also introduce a refreshed MacBook Air. Rumors suggest the notebooks will feature more powerful processors and perhaps some other internal upgrades, but no design changes will be included.

Along with new MacBooks, Apple may also introduce two much-rumored products, the 10.5-inch iPad Pro and the Siri speaker. The 10.5-inch iPad Pro is said to feature a bigger display in a body that's similar in size to the current 9.7-inch iPad Pro, made possible through much smaller bezels.

Apple's Siri speaker is the company's answer to the popular Amazon Echo, and it is expected to feature Siri integration, superior sound quality, and perhaps a touch display.

For the June 5 keynote event, MacRumors will provide a live blog both here on MacRumors.com and on our MacRumorsLive Twitter account, along with detailed coverage of everything Apple announces during the week.

Article Link: Apple Confirms June 5 WWDC Keynote Will Be Live Streamed

2. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

3. busyscott macrumors regular

busyscott

"WWDC 2017 is looking like it will be one of the most exciting conferences we've had in years."

This wouldn't be hard to accomplish.

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

5. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

In some ways, I hope they ditch the MacBook Air totally, as well as the non-Touch Bar MacBook Pro. Give the MacBook 2 TB3 ports and maybe lower the price to $999 for the base model. Nice, simple lineup. Probably won't happen, but one can dream.

If they nix the iPad mini, I hope they keep the 9.7" iPad Pro, but shrink the bezels. I really like the size of the Mini, but also want to use the stylus & smart keyboard.

6. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

7. Jsameds macrumors 68040

I liked the Keynote that was accidentally streamed in Chinese (I think...), you should have the option to change it over to that as well as English.

I had no clue what was going on, but on the flip side it was really funny :D

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

When was the last time a keynote wasn't live streamed? 2011?

9. wozmatic macrumors 6502

wozmatic

This is cool. I wonder what they'll announce product wise?

10. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Most likely be boring as dirt like the Google keynote but I still have to watch it just in case but most of the time it is a disappointment.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

can't wait for the wooohooo and clapping guy after every sentence.

12. macmikerw macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, May 25, 2017 ---
    No chance then of a REAL computer for my desktop???

13. sputnikv macrumors 6502

sputnikv

they're going to put a lot of emphasis on social. expect snapchat-like filters built into the camera and facetime

14. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

15. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

16. MH01 Suspended

MH01

All these keynotes are always streamed. Strange that apple bothers to verify each year. It's also one of the most viewed events each year, or it used to be , when I visited Akamai they showed the spikes when keynotes happened, and they were impressive . That was a few years ago.

17. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

They haven't made a real computer for years....I bought my Mac Mini because it was what I could afford but underpowered as compared when I bought my G5 Tower.

18. Relentless Power, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If WWDC holds hardware along side debuting the latest software, this could be a bigger event more than others think. Primarily being the iPad being one of the bigger topics and then a smart speaker to follow. The smart speaker would make the most sense and allowing developers to have First hands on experience with it during the week.

19. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Let's not forget all the complaints about how bad the background music is, how slow things are moving, and the give us a new iMac and Mac Pro already crowd :p

20. thekeyring macrumors 68040

Won't be watching live this year... Getting married on June 3rd so the keynote will be part of my in-flight entertainment on the 6th when I'm en route to honeymoon.
    --- Post Merged, May 25, 2017 ---
    My bet is spec bumped MacBook Pros and retina MacBooks.

21. mark-vdw macrumors regular

22. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

Enough gimmicks like Continuity, APFS, Swift, 3D Touch. These are not innovations. APFS is literally useless as is 3D Touch, which is king of useless. We need real innovation like a dynamic Home screen with live widgets. A weather widget is vital. If a forecast is updated I need to be alerted IMMEDIATELY. Way more important than APFS or more dynamic iMessage. Fact is, iOS is BORING. It needs more fun.

I would love something like this:
    [​IMG]

iOS looks boring with its horrible Fisher-Price icons. I wish Apple would focus more on SOFTWARE for productivity. Their first-party apps are so boring and lacking. Apple insists on cluttering up the Home screen with rows and rows of icons that are literally useless: Reminders, Wallet, iBooks, News, Podcasts, TV, Activity, Health, Home, iCloud Drive, FaceTime, Voice Memos, Compass, Stocks, iMovie, GarageBand, Music Memos, Clips, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iTunes U, Trailers, Stocks, Friend my Friends, Find my iPhone, Tips. All garbage. We need REAL apps, Apple. REAL. APPS.

23. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I REALLY hope you forgot the Sarcasm tag.