Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
I really wish we would see an NVIDIA GPU back in the MacBook Pro. I'm getting a new MacBook this summer, and I'd like a CUDA-capable MBP (for development)

Reactions: Lone Deranger

xSeaside

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2013
I hope Apple will update the internals of its rMBP line. I think the touchbar should be optional and the new keyboard is a downgrade compared to the old keyboard.

Reactions: schneeland

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
No, it's held in San Jose.

Hoping for an update on the Apple Campus, though. Completion date, final move in date, and current pics.
[doublepost=1495741155][/doublepost]
I hope Apple will update the internals of its rMBP line. I think the touchbar should be optional and the new keyboard is a downgrade compared to the old keyboard.

I hope OWC/Macsales finally ships its rMBP dock: http://blog.macsales.com/39345-owc-makes-macbooks-pro-again-with-game-changing-product

Won't fix the keyboard, but will bring back a lot of the ports.

m4mario

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2017
San Francisco Bay Area
Apple has iOS, Mac OS, TV OS and watch OS platforms along with other updates to announce in 2 hours. I doubt there will be hardware updates. Anyway iOS will have to go through some changes to accommodate iPhone 8. I predict some key changes to iOS.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Do you think these will get any real stage time if they are only processor upgrades? I can see them just doing a press release for the Macbooks and keeping the keynote focused on the software.

Nope, silent updates. Should be mostly software and new iPads, maybe the Siri speaker thing.

DanielDD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2013
Portugal
Apple has iOS, Mac OS, TV OS and watch OS platforms along with other updates to announce in 2 hours. I doubt there will be hardware updates. Anyway iOS will have to go through some changes to accommodate iPhone 8. I predict some key changes to iOS.

Well, they managed to fit 30 minutes of Apple Music nonsense in the keynote back in 2015.
They can do it.

dogslobber

macrumors 601
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
I get tired of Tim Cook's voice, Craig would be so much better, a talented speaker.

Cook always sounds like he's scripted in a way it sounds fake. Craig F. puts on an excellent show when showing the mundane features of the OS, making it sound exciting. Eddy is the visionary at Apple and is just a cool guy on stage.

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
"WWDC 2017 is looking like it will be one of the most exciting conferences we've had in years."

This wouldn't be hard to accomplish.

What isn't hard to accomplish is to beat Google I/O and Microsoft BUILD, where nothing was announced, and nothing relevant was put in the hands of the programmers...

Reactions: Feyl

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
In some ways, I hope they ditch the MacBook Air totally, as well as the non-Touch Bar MacBook Pro. Give the MacBook 2 TB3 ports and maybe lower the price to $999 for the base model. Nice, simple lineup. Probably won't happen, but one can dream.
Why are you "dreaming" of reducing people's legacy options?

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
Enough gimmicks like Continuity, APFS, Swift, 3D Touch. These are not innovations. APFS is literally useless as is 3D Touch, which is king of useless. We need real innovation like a dynamic Home screen with live widgets. A weather widget is vital. If a forecast is updated I need to be alerted IMMEDIATELY. Way more important than APFS or more dynamic iMessage. Fact is, iOS is BORING. It needs more fun.

iOS already has live widgets on the home screen.

In fact, livelier than Android, as they can have moving images like videos and Android can't.

canny

Suspended
Jun 11, 2009
Hope Eddy Cue is on stage this time as he never disappoints. He and Craig F. are the future of Apple once Cook gets fired.
Not sure about Cue. Everything he touches fails. Craig and Schiller would be good bosses though.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
In some ways, I hope they ditch the MacBook Air totally, as well as the non-Touch Bar MacBook Pro. Give the MacBook 2 TB3 ports and maybe lower the price to $999 for the base model. Nice, simple lineup. Probably won't happen, but one can dream.

What? Why? The non-TB model is the only one worth the money right now, when it's on sale for $1,299 at least. The TB model is an overpriced failed gimmick. If anything, they should drop THAT, and offer the higher specs and 4 USB-C ports on the non-TB model starting at the $1,499 price point. It's ok to say "hey we tried something different, we though it would be better, you disagreed so we're moving on." No one shed a tear or gave Apple any grief when they replaced the crummy 2nd gen iPod with capacitive touch buttons with the superb 3rd gen Clickwheel model that set the standard for every model that followed it until the iPod line was retired completely.

Reactions: mi7chy

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Enough gimmicks like Continuity, APFS, Swift, 3D Touch. These are not innovations. APFS is literally useless as is 3D Touch, which is king of useless. We need real innovation like a dynamic Home screen with live widgets. A weather widget is vital. If a forecast is updated I need to be alerted IMMEDIATELY. Way more important than APFS or more dynamic iMessage. Fact is, iOS is BORING. It needs more fun.

I would love something like this:
ba86ac62b522f66cfe8b1251a66a0b44.jpg

iOS looks boring with its horrible Fisher-Price icons. I wish Apple would focus more on SOFTWARE for productivity. Their first-party apps are so boring and lacking. Apple insists on cluttering up the Home screen with rows and rows of icons that are literally useless: Reminders, Wallet, iBooks, News, Podcasts, TV, Activity, Health, Home, iCloud Drive, FaceTime, Voice Memos, Compass, Stocks, iMovie, GarageBand, Music Memos, Clips, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iTunes U, Trailers, Stocks, Friend my Friends, Find my iPhone, Tips. All garbage. We need REAL apps, Apple. REAL. APPS.

"iOS looks boring with it's horrible fisher-price icons" - says the one who posts a dashboard that looks like a My Little Pony advertisement. *smh* *facepalm*

Reactions: TruBleu

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Desktop grade CPU & GPU with adequate cooling. No more mobile stuff.

Not needed in order for teenagers to develop message stamps and new emojis. This is the real Apple focus. Just get everyone to continue to act like early teens and do what they are told; buy, buy and buy whatever marketing and fashion is selling.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
I really wish we would see an NVIDIA GPU back in the MacBook Pro. I'm getting a new MacBook this summer, and I'd like a CUDA-capable MBP (for development)
since we already have TB3 and nvidia drivers, no need to have Nvidia dGPU...amd are greater to be built into the mac

applelover1016

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013

I would love something like this:
ba86ac62b522f66cfe8b1251a66a0b44.jpg

iOS looks boring with its horrible Fisher-Price icons. I wish Apple would focus more on SOFTWARE for productivity. Their first-party apps are so boring and lacking. Apple insists on cluttering up the Home screen with rows and rows of icons that are literally useless: Reminders, Wallet, iBooks, News, Podcasts, TV, Activity, Health, Home, iCloud Drive, FaceTime, Voice Memos, Compass, Stocks, iMovie, GarageBand, Music Memos, Clips, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iTunes U, Trailers, Stocks, Friend my Friends, Find my iPhone, Tips. All garbage. We need REAL apps, Apple. REAL. APPS.

Strongly disagree. Most of these features aren't flashy but they work fantastically. You must not own a mac or iPad if you think continuity is bad, throw my phone on my dock and all my text messages and call routed to my mac or iPad seamlessly, don't know how that's a gimmick. APFS, while not an innovation, brings much needed change and speed under the hood. Swift is the reason you have the apps you have on your phone as that's how they are made, and, 3D touch, while it wasn't all that useful before iOS 10, I use it regularly when checking notifications.

I would like to see some difference to the home screen but what you have is just plain bad. It's an insult to any OS for it to look like that.

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
Most likely be boring as dirt like the Google keynote but I still have to watch it just in case but most of the time it is a disappointment.

Apple has been boring for the past few, I think this one is going to be a good one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.