Apple Confirms New Emoji Are Coming to iPhone and iPad in iOS 11.1

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 6, 2017.

1. cmaier macrumors G3

You’re right. They should immediately take the people working on tv shows and emoji and make them work on “periferals” instead. I’m sure they’re qualified.

2. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

3. Bacillus macrumors 65816

Bacillus

But those guys are needed to keep Eddy Cue complaisant - a prerequisite for Apple's functioning at all.

4. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

It seems that........(somebody is grabbing me from behind) hey, HEY!! HEEEEY!! HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!!

hush!.png

5. rafark macrumors 6502

rafark

I hate emojis with all my heart, but I love animated smileys, those are the shlt. :D

6. cbaca51 macrumors member

People love emojis

The lens hating clearly have never texted the homies or girls with emojis and laughed their a** off

7. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

The hypocrisy is palpable, firstly you state these comments are ‘obtuse’ then you call me dumb? You just keep on endlessly apologising for Apple if it makes you feel better.. you must get really excited by poop emojis?

8. chezhoy macrumors regular

chezhoy

9. fmalloy macrumors 6502

Technological innovation at its finest! The jet engine, the transistor, the phonograph, the MRI - phooey on that stupid stuff, emoji is the today and the future!

A trillion dollars, here you come Apple! And worth every penny, amirite?

10. WinstonRumfoord macrumors 6502

11. HJM.NL macrumors 6502a

HJM.NL

I wish they were as eager on their other product categories as they are on their emoticons. Watchbands excepted :rolleyes:

12. cmaier macrumors G3

Dear whiners:

1) Apple adding emoji is not responsible for any real or perceived shortcomings you see in their products. The people who work on emojis are not the same people responsible for:
    • Mid-tower macs
    • Mac mini update
    • macOS features
    • iTunes de-bloating
    • GPU drivers
    • Apple TV remote design
    • Video codecs
    • iOS stability
    2) Apple adding emoji does result in a certain segment of the population enrolling in the public betas, which:
    • Increases the total number of people on the beta, increasing the likelihood that problems will be discovered
    • Brings people to the beta who are different than the normal beta testers, and who exercise different features of the OS, thus increasing the likelihood that problems will be discovered

3) Apple adding emoji does not injure you in any way. If a black mermaid, a mosque, or an Asian smiley face offend, insult, or injure your psyche, that’s a problem with you, not iOS.

13. DblHelix macrumors 6502

Why? They will be on the 6+ when 11.1 is released or you can signup for the public beta and likely get them in a few weeks

14. cmaier macrumors G3

Sure. Absolutely is doing nothing but emoji.

And iMac Pro.
    And a new modular Mac Pro.
    And LTE watch.
    And 3-d facial recognition.
    And best-in-class cameras.
    And portrait mode.
    And mobile CPUs that are faster than nearly every mac ever released.
    And best-in-class AR.
    And bezel-less iPhone.
    And...

15. RumorConsumer macrumors regular

RumorConsumer

So good.

16. HJM.NL macrumors 6502a

HJM.NL

Lol, a lot you mention is already overhauled by competitors the day it was launched. iMac pro isn’t even out yet and a new modular Mac Pro is a shameful 6 years late.

Best in class camera's... sure! But not top notch and double as expensive compared to competitors. Bezel-less? LOL. Even cheap Chinese phone vendors come out with less bezel than the 4+ year old design of the iPhone 8. Still no Amoled and too expensive to be competitive especially outside the USA.

Their mobile cpu might be faster but there are several test on YouTube the iPhone 8 and plus are even slower than an Galaxy note 8 in real life tests. But I don’t care if it’s tenths of milliseconds faster or not.

17. Larry-K macrumors 68000

If they knew any.

18. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

:D

I signed up for the developer program so I could get High Sierra Server, because I was silly and upgraded to the public beta, changes my HD over to AFS, but that's another issue...

It was a bit of a sarcastic/not so funny post...

19. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

FelixDerKater

20. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

Maybe Apple needs to stop screwing around with emoji's and work on other things?

21. callmestabby macrumors newbie

callmestabby

This crap is getting out of hand. Why would anybody give a damn about emoji's? In my eyes, it sums up how idiotic our society has really gotten in the last 10 years.

22. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I don’t really use emoji and when I do they are maybe 10 I will use. I mainly use them to mark that a text is sarcastic or balloons and cake next to a happy Birthday. If I’m not mistaken it looks like there’s a wizard I might just have to toss that one in sometimes.

23. Bacillus macrumors 65816

Bacillus

I'm dreaming of a jailbreak tweak to hide all these little gnomes behind The Notch (that couldn't be big enough for me...)

24. oliversl macrumors 65816

Emojis, the last bastion of real designer. The only place in Apple where 3D still exists in design.

25. carpleror macrumors 6502