Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has confirmed that the third season of hit comedy drama series "Ted Lasso" will arrive on Apple TV+ in the spring, although it did not offer a specific date.

52545-104933-Ted_Lasso.jpg

"Ted Lasso" is one of Apple's most popular TV shows to date, and it has won a number of awards. In the series, Jason Sudeikis plays a small-time college football coach from Kansas who is hired to coach a professional soccer team in England, despite having no experience coaching soccer.

The return of the award-winning series will likely be its final outing. Cast members said their goodbyes on social media immediately after filming of the third season wrapped up in November, and Apple has said nothing about a fourth season.

News of the show's return in the spring came as Apple presented on Wednesday at the winter Television Critics Association press tour, where it also gave a first look at several more original series coming to Apple TV+ in the spring.

New shows include "The Reluctant Traveller," "Shrinking," "The Big Door Prize," "Hello Tomorrow," "Dear Edward," "City on Fire," "The Last Thing He Told Me," and "Extrapolations."
"The Afterparty" and "Schmigadoon!" are also set to return.

Article Link: Apple Confirms Third Season of 'Ted Lasso' Coming to TV+ This Spring

woolypants

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2018
Ive been waiting patiently for the new series of Ted Lasso, and Severence too. Not sure if the Morning Show is coming back but I'm also waiting for that. It really felt like they should've come at the end of last year.

Weird they didn't but also consistent with Apple's current calendar of everything being delayed.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Ive been waiting patiently for the new series of Ted Lasso, and Severence too.

I just hope they take enough time with season 2 of Severance to make sure it's awesome. Let's hope they can avoid "Westworld" syndrome, where the first season is amazing but the second season is a flop because they ran out of ideas and rushed it!

vjpulp

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
Bern, Switzerland
It’s called my opinion am i not allowed one? The show was good at the start then just got boring it’s all the same and he is a bit annoying sorry if that isn’t what you wanna hear
There is a difference if you say
"The show is OK but not amazing"
or
"I found the show OK but not amazing".

The second one would be an opinion. The first is stated like it's an absolute fact.

And yes, I found it amazing.

roncron

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
There is a difference if you say
"The show is OK but not amazing"
or
"I found the show OK but not amazing".

The second one would be an opinion. The first is stated like it's an absolute fact.

And yes, I found it amazing.
1) I agree with you about the show.
2) You are absolutely correct. But...
3) People on the internet don't write carefully, and do express their opinions as fact (even if they know the difference, which they sometimes do). You can fight it, but you can't win.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.