Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
iWalk

Southernboy said:
Here's what I think we'll get:

G5 iMac (no secret there)

iWorks (new version of Appleworks, pre-installed on the iMac along with iLife 4. "Everything you need out of the box")

Keynote 2

And that's all folks.

You're forgetting the new sub-notebook. Bigger than a Palm, smaller than an iBook. Freescale G4/1Ghz (so it runs cooler and has a faster bus). 256MB DDR built-in, upgradable to 768MB (one DDR SODIMM). Still a fully-fonctionnal Mac with full OS X version. USB2, Firewire400, Ethernet, 56k, touchscreen, small keyboard, VGA output (mirror), headphone jack. 10" 1024x600 widescreen. Optionnal USB2 External Combo drive (to rip CDs into iTunes, play DVDs, etc).

That's what those 1.8" 60GB drives are for.
:D

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
can someone give a short and sweet summary of chamelion? the way people are talking about it, i think it sounds tacky in the same mold as black lights and lava lamps).

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Yvan256 said:
You're forgetting the new sub-notebook. Bigger than a Palm, smaller than an iBook. G4/1Ghz. 256MB DDR built-in, upgradable to 768MB (one DDR SODIMM). Still a fully-fonctionnal Mac with full OS X version. USB2, Firewire400, Ethernet, 56k, touchscreen, small keyboard, VGA output (mirror), headphone jack. 10" 1024x600 widescreen. Optionnal USB2 External Combo drive (to rip CDs into iTunes, play DVDs, etc).

Don't forget BT and AE built in as stock. And I thought that was a wireless BT keyboard option :)

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Wonder Boy said:
can someone give a short and sweet summary of chamerlion? the way people are talking about it, i think it sounds tacky 9in the same mold as black lights and lava lamps).

A Chamelion is a small jungle lizard with googly eyes, whose skin colour and pattern adapt to the surroundings, helping it blend in landscape, effectively an advanced form of camoflage.

Apple's spin will be - A sleek urban steel machine with a large luxurious flat eye, whose colour and pattern meld with the users music and activities, helping the imac blend into the home or office landscape, effectively an advanced reality distortion field to make it more a part of your life(TM) - your iLife. :D

pixelhead

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2004
I have been hearing they may show the new version of Logic Pro (6.5) at Paris. Anyone else hear about Audio SW updates. One of the Pro audio boards I go to was talking about a recent Trademark from Apple called "Proband".

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
blah

Macworld Pairs...................................................

iMac G5 announced...... not yet available........ available in sep...... world later on in the year.........

"os x is wonderful speech, but we ain't tellin when tiger is comin out"

3rd party companies demo really cool gadgets to add to ur 4th gen ipod......

steve drops in via iSight 2 and thats the last new thing shown

show closes, phil walks off stage, and as people are leaving to get up Falco's "rock me amadeus" is heard in the background :) :eek: :rolleyes:

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
CubaTBird said:
steve drops in via iSight 2 and thats the last new thing shown

My thoughts exactly :D. I can see it now - Steve pops in using his iSight Version 2 attached to his new PB G5 in his hospital room.

Come on, you don't think Schiller's going to do the whole thing, do you? :D

JOD8FY

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
- iMac with the same specs provided by Thinksecret.

- A new Appleworks, or iWorks. It will be better than the "latest" AppleWorks ever could be, but purposely not as good as MS Office 2004 so that they don't upset MS, who would probably be more than happy to stop producing Office 2004, thus making any potential switcher reluctant to switch, even if Apple promised Office compatibility. Heck, I would have been reluctant to switch if Office X wasn't released. :eek:
However, new word processor and spreadsheet apps.

- A brand new device released by the iPod division at Apple, one that makes use of the 60GB 1.8" drives that aren't used in the 4G iPod. ;)

- Price cut to eMac. Speed bumped up to 1.5 G4.

- Announcement of progress and release date concerning iTMS to the rest of Europe.

- No new iSight.

- No Powerbook G5: That dream is out the window, if you can't already see that. Possibly new dual-core G4s, or a faster Freescale G4 1.8 GHz in the PB at MWSF 2005, but not a G5 in the Powerbook.

CholEoptera36

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
IMG_0205.jpg

One things for sure, they will be introducing the features of the 4g iPods. The HP banners hanging from the ceiling sorta give that away. They might even introduce those tattoos too.

I think that some people are thinking too big for the Expo. I don't like to underestimate Apple, but the WWDC was rather a dissapointment to a lot of people in some ways let's not forget. I think this will be pretty simple:

Most likely the Expo will surround the new iMacs, new iPods, and will reveal some more features of Tiger.

Possible, but most unlikely would be to see new iSight or new software bundles. I think they have enough on their back with developing Tiger, and keeping up with new iMacs which should have came out last June or so. There won't be a ton of new updates and releases, but the few they will have will be fairly large. Exploring new features of a new computer by itself like the iMacs and new iPods will be enough to keep everyone satisfied till Tiger comes out.

bryantm3

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2003
what i think we will possibly see:
-iMac G5
-New Appleworks
-New iSight
-Demonstration of 'iPod secrets'
-New Powerbook G4s (no G5s)
-a new low end for the portable computer area, don't know what it is..

and maybe some stupid **** like the mac unit at microsoft speaking or somthing, and that's it.

maybe the ipod has a secret ear piercer in it, so you can have iPod earrings! (no seriously, i've heard more rediculous)

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
The eMac shouldn't go away. Not too long ago it was only $300 dollars more than the most expensive iPod. It's the switchers Mac more than an educational-based Mac. If they don't want to sell old CRT monitors then at least don't sell it with a monitor and drop $200 off the price. It will lower shipping costs and give people something they really wanted. It would be really nice if they can shrink it down to the size of an Airport Extreme.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
I bet there will be one announcement that will catch all of us off guard. If Paris doesn't have other announcements, then maybe there will be some new announcements at the London expo (which Steve will probably be ready for)

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
aswitcher said:
We had new PBs in May so I wonder why people think there will be an update like 4 months later...

The powerbooks do have the most unstable refresh cycle. Apple also used the cram and jam to clear inventory of the pbooks and intro new ones. There is only one faster G4 chip we know about which is the dual core G4. We know that it will be at least Spring of 05 before freescale can ship the dual core in quanity and bug free.

PS: How how you liking Applenova? I am Undertaker there.

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
- iMac's with combo drive and up
- iPods with wireless adapter (or builtin for 4G) and a software update to allow
AirTunes speaker selection
- 30" LCD displays shipping (Tho no 6800 to power them....oh well, people got
displays and no 2.5 G5's so what's new...)
- Dual core 1 .8 GHz G4 powerbooks announced, shipping for Christmas season
- 1.5 GHz iBooks announced, shipping for Christmas

agentbristow

macrumors member
To Europe First

OK, Maybe I am the only one with this concern, but I have this fear that since the iMac will be (without a doubt in my mind) introduced in Paris, that maybe Apple plans on a Europe first release? I really hope not, I have convinced my mom almost to get me one when they roll on the floor tuesday

bigcreek

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2004
new ibook?

Yvan256 said:
You're forgetting the new sub-notebook. Bigger than a Palm, smaller than an iBook. Freescale G4/1Ghz (so it runs cooler and has a faster bus). 256MB DDR built-in, upgradable to 768MB (one DDR SODIMM). Still a fully-fonctionnal Mac with full OS X version. USB2, Firewire400, Ethernet, 56k, touchscreen, small keyboard, VGA output (mirror), headphone jack. 10" 1024x600 widescreen. Optionnal USB2 External Combo drive (to rip CDs into iTunes, play DVDs, etc).

I think this would sell great, if it includes DVD playback on that widescreen. I'll buy one (or more)

aus_dave

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
aswitcher said:
We had new PBs in May so I wonder why people think there will be an update like 4 months later...
That's what I'm hoping - I ordered a BTO 15" nearly two months ago and still haven't got it, so I don't think there are warehouses of PBs around that are getting cleared out (my sorry tale is here).

Then again with my luck I will receive my PB the day they announce dual core G4 or G5s. I had a similar thing happen with a single proc 1.8 G5 but my dealer was good enough to take it back and exchange it for a dual :D.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
timwindsor said:
My prediction, fwiw....

Schiller: Oh, and, uh, one more thing...

Curtains open. Steve walks onstage to thunderous applause. He demos the "secret" features of the iPod.

Hey, it could happen....

Maybe, but if Jobs doesn't make it (which is the more likely), I am 100% positive that he will link in by video iChat to make one of the big announcements.

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
aus_dave said:
That's what I'm hoping - I ordered a BTO 15" nearly two months ago and still haven't got it, so I don't think there are warehouses of PBs around that are getting cleared out (my sorry tale is here).

Then again with my luck I will receive my PB the day they announce dual core G4 or G5s. I had a similar thing happen with a single proc 1.8 G5 but my dealer was good enough to take it back and exchange it for a dual :D.

TWO MONTHS?!?!? That's insane. What BTO changes did you make to the stock config? I can't believe that there would be an almost 2 month wait on a 15" PowerBook (which doesn't contain the seemingly cursed 90nm PowerPC 970 FX), and which seems to be shipping in normal volumes otherwise. You know you can cancel your order without penalty if Apple takes more than 30 days to deliver it? (I think those are the terms...check the fine print at the Apple Australia online store).

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
The really far-out rumors tend to be false. I'm waiting for the Tuesday posts that say "apple PROMIS camelion imac THEY LIE i buyinh a dell" :)

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
nagromme said:
The really far-out rumors tend to be false. I'm waiting for the Tuesday posts that say "apple PROMIS camelion imac THEY LIE i buyinh a dell" :)

hahha,yeppers

i just had a major brain fart and thought the keynote wus tomorrow....stupid me

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
quagmire said:
There is only one faster G4 chip we know about which is the dual core G4. We know that it will be at least Spring of 05 before freescale can ship the dual core in quanity and bug free.

And there are those Freescale produced, single-core G4 chips that scale to 2 GHz...

And Aus_Dave doesn't have his BTO 15" yet because he ordered a faster HD. :p Yep, Aussies get screwed by Apple up the wrong hole all the time.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
No iMacs?

I'm one who won't be surprised if there is NO IMAC G5 on Tuesday. Might be there, but might not.

It's coming soon for sure, but Apple did say September--and holding off a week or two might let Steve do the unveiling.

(BTW, hidden hardware in 4G iPods is just as far-fetched as chameleon Macs. People have already taken the things apart looking--and they have found nothing new vs. the 3G's.)

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Abstract said:
And there are those Freescale produced, single-core G4 chips that scale to 2 GHz...

And Aus_Dave doesn't have his BTO 15" yet because he ordered a faster HD. :p Yep, Aussies get screwed by Apple up the wrong hole all the time.

Are the single-core G4 derivatives that FreeScale are developing shipping yet, or only announced?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.