Apple Highlights New Batch of Emoji Coming to iOS, macOS, and watchOS Later This Year

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 17, 2017.

1. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Wow.... front page news.... well it would be the same if Applw announced some new watch hands today instead!...

2. the johnmc macrumors newbie

the johnmc

Uh, the baby is eating too. Get over yourself and stop looking.

3. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

I applaud your inclusiveness, and wish you success in your endeavor.

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

just what we need...said no one ever

5. zantafio macrumors member

6. akadafni macrumors regular

That's not Prince! That looks like James Brown. I'm looking for his symbol O(+>

7. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

The hijab emoji is so empowering, but what's up with the missing burqa emoji?

8. xalea macrumors member

xalea

Sure it makes sense, because it's politically motivated. The personal politics of the people running Apple have trickled down to influencing emoji's, for heaven's sakes. :rolleyes:

9. DevNull0 macrumors 65816

Neither are the people who write software for Apple. Just look at the state of all their software.

I don't know anyone who uses emojis. Granted I'm over 20, but still, most people in my circle use iMessages, I'm just not sure I've ever seen an emoji used in it.

10. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

Surreal, too.

11. DevNull0 macrumors 65816

It's where you treat a "racialized person" with absolute respect and kindness, you completely ignore all racial issues, treat them as you'd want to be treated.

And they treat you like you're a racist jerk because clearly the only reason you were so nice is because of their race, so you treated them differently, so you're racist.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 ---
    Apologies in advance.

[​IMG]

12. foqus macrumors newbie

I want a firefly emoji. Both the TV show and the actual lightning bug insect. (actually, it's technically a beetle)

13. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Woohoo more emoji's, but still no dark mode. I'm glad Apple is prioritizing their R&D budget. I know I know, Apple w ill make a TON more money off of the kids who want the new emoji's versus the few old guys like me what want a dark mode.

14. iReality85 macrumors 6502

Well, *ahem*

I believe the eggplant / 3 water droplet emoji combination is the accepted method for conveying that action...

15. julescilib macrumors member

julescilib

on MacBook os mavericks, is it possible to update the Unicode?

16. jdillings macrumors 65816

I guess you haven't seen Doris Wishman's Deadly Weapons starring Chesty Morgan

17. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I breastfeed my pet ferrets in public all the time, you got a problem with that?

18. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

Cars, knives, bats, etc. have been used to kill people. I hope you are just joking and not actually using that as an argument to remove a gun emoji.

19. blacktape242, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017

blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

technically anything can be used to kill someone.... so removing the gun didnt solve anything, it was just a social justice move....nothing more..nothing less...

20. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

And they say innovation is dead... Look at the detail in that puke!

21. dashwin macrumors regular

dashwin

In 2017 we have the CEO of one of the most respected and profitable companies that has enough money to buy entire nations tweeting about adding a few more emoji's to their products? Seriously? Now, I really do think Tim Cook has done some great things with Apple. But this emoji thing though takes it a bit too far. I do not understand this fascination with emoji's. Please someone explain this to me.

Having bought all Apple products including the Apple Watch recently, I just have more questions about Apple these days than answers.

<rant>
    Where is the innovation? Why does Mac OS have so little new features? Where is Mac OS headed? Why can't I still get a good USB-C IPS monitor without paying a TON? Where are the Apple displays? Where is the iPhone 8? Why can't my Watch do what Alexa can? Why is Siri so far behind? Why are there so few HomeKit devices? Why is HomeKit not compatible with Harmony when Amazon's Echo IS SOLD with one? What is replacing Time Capsule (I do not want a cloud solution for speed/privacy reasons)? Why is iCloud so expensive when compared to other offerings by Google etc.?

What is Apple doing better than Google or Microsoft or Amazon these days? Where are the new product launches? Where's the car? Why hasn't Siri taken over the world? AR is totally useless to most of us, maybe except gaming and other businesses like real-estate.
    </rant>

Where is Apple going to be in the next three years 2020?

22. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

There should be one representing a "brain fart" ;)

23. Kaibelf macrumors 68000

Kaibelf

Private why, exactly? It's a basic part of life that people in most of the world don't make any kind of scene over. Is the hungry baby somehow inconveniencing your enjoyment of your own canapés? As which price point do you believe you warrant a room devoid of these distractions that you could easily just ignore. No one is compelling anyone to look at some unknown woman's chest, so it would be just as effective to just tend to your own table and be glad the baby isn't crying, right?

24. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

25. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I guess your Grandfather doesn't know where they actually came from...........yup, Asia(Japan).