Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
so, it's time to hear everyone's theory as to what the image is secretly telling us.
Ok so It represents the 3 products they're introducing;
the big grouping of bubbles is the iPhone,
the smaller grouping is the Apple Watch,
and that small, lone, greyed out bubble in the back is the Mac.

The iPhone bubbles go in waves like iPhone sales, the Apple Watch bubbles are still just coming on the scene, and the Mac, well, its all but forgotten. ;)

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I'm so excited! Modest iPhone upgrade but I'm interested to see how they sell us the lack of headphone port.

As Daring Fireball said "None of us outside the company seem to know [if Apple is making a mistake removing the headphone jack], because all that has leaked is that the new iPhone won’t have the port, with no explanation why."

...annnndd the Apple Watch 2. I'm hoping the Mac will get some love, too, so the Buyers Guide here goes green.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
So this thing should go on sale September 23rd if last year is any indication. I hope they address how the iPhone upgrade program will work since this is the first time everyone will be trading up. I hope it's easy to do online, with a box mailed that I can easily send in, because last year I had to drive 120 miles to the nearest Apple Store so I could get it started so I could consistently upgrade every year at launch. And that time I didn't even need to trade-up, just start the freaking program.

Reactions: Oldfash33

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's an apple logo, blurred out. I like it, its kinda artsy an obscure, which is all they need for an invitation.
We have a winner!

It harkens back to their old logo.

fuUUDIxMSw0FrCuACxPBo4_8ivJOzsWBj6HwrRmpsA143I_0FpCP8_ptJbf4plkxN2xwhjoMZXQYsplTkPPyNe88jZ8takZOEXTNWBKrHUc29egjNyDgekA=w426-h237

Last edited:

PipSeg

Suspended
May 12, 2016
And this article implies that there are going to be a lot of pissed off MacBook Pro people as they will have to wait longer for a new MacBook Pro.

I personally am waiting to buy one and this whole delay thing with not releasing or at least announcing one at this event is not helping Apple at all. I am not in a position where I have to buy one now but I am one that will wait for the newest version. I am not buying the current MacBook Pro when there should be a new one out soon.
WOW

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I'm guessing any new Macbook Pros will be announced in an iPad event, since Apple defines an iPad as a computer...

canadianreader

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2014
Oh I get it. See you on the 7th. Because it's the iPhone 7. So clever.

Does that black background with those contrasting vivid colors mean we are finally getting OLED?

Smart! I didn't think about the 7th iteration of the iPhone. Makes sense!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.