Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nightspirit

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2021
I literally bought a macbook air on the education store yesterday. Do you think if I called they'd give me the deal? The laptop is still in the box so I could return it.
I did it last year when I bought my IPad Pro a few weeks before the deal. I called Apple and they sent me my AirPods ??

Reactions: TraceyS/FL

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Typical... bought my iPad last week. Oh well, saved enough buying at B&H I'll just buy a pair eventually. They don't fit in my ears well so the kids end up with them anyway.

(and I see some had it honored, but I didn't buy from Apple so there that goes)

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
does apple retroactively give out the promotion? literally just bought an m1 ipad pro 11 3 days ago through the education store ?

Yes, but if you planned to buy AppleCare they will not retroactively give you the discount on that. I just called because I bought my 12.9 back in April and received it on launch day. They’re sending out my AirPods for free but because the order was too long ago the only option was the free standard AirPods, I could not upgrade to the Pros or Maxes (thats fine, I prefer the standard ones anyway).

Reactions: ilikewhey

arvinsim

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2018
I guess that means Apple is not racing to release the new Macbooks before students go back to school.

psxp

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
I’d say iPad Pro if you have been waiting long enough. Also ipads can’t replace a Mac. With the new design coming for the MacBooks I think it’s not a good choice to get any macbooks atm. So what I’m suggesting is get both lol.
Theres always going to be a new model "around" the corner. The new macbooks touted to come out were the 14" and 16" Pros, with rumours of a redesign of a "Air" that would be colorized like the iMacs. Who knows? but I'm personally doubting Apple will add a ton of ports to the MBA. The Pro, possibly based on rumors. I was actually surprised to find the current MBP only had the 2 thunderbolt ports..(I havent been following Mac Computers for a while)

spatlese44

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Milwaukee
Definitely. The standard return window is 14 days, and with a big enough fuss you can push that out longer. I’d return it and get a new one at the discounted rate, plus free AirPods!
I got the deal on day 13 after buying a Mac Mini. I did an online chat and was told that looking up the order number was all it took. The person helping me ”added it to my order”. Strange terminology, but no, I’m not getting a second Mac Mini just a free pair of AirPods! I paid the extra $90 for the pros.

Reactions: LeadingHeat

Ronal

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2020
Vancouver
for anyone who recently made a purchase and is qualified, I suggest you to contact apple or go in store and ask. If you’re within the 2 weeks timeframe apple will definitely honour it. I was 2.5 weeks in and the store manager made an exception for me and I did not make a fuss, just asked politely.

MrGainzz

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2021
I want to get the M1 12.9" iPad Pro 256GB wifi version but they are out of stock at my local apple store. I prefer store pick-up because I don't want strangers to steal my package after the UPS guy drops it in front of my house. :(

Frixos

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
I want to get the M1 12.9" iPad Pro 256GB wifi version but they are out of stock at my local apple store. I prefer store pick-up because I don't want strangers to steal my package after the UPS guy drops it in front of my house. :(
Yeah I wouldn’t have anything that valuable shipped to my place for that reason - instead have it sent to my work.

Juggar

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2016
I bought an M1 Air from the EDU store on the 8th of June and after contacting them they sent me the Airpods. However they actually sent me 2 x of the standard airpods. Totally free, one came via UPS and the other FedEx. Not often that you luck out like that.

kc9hzn

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2020
when will this offer be available in rest of the world? Especially will this offer be available in India?
I’d assume Apple’s Back to School sale follows the same country-specific time frame from year to year. Look at when it began for India last year (or maybe 2019, since 2020 is a potentially suspect data point). Odds are, it’ll start around the same time.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Question on the Back to School deal, if I return just the AirPods, will I get a refund? Also, how does the refund work? Do they pro-rate it between iPad and AirPods or will I get the full $159 back?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Question on the Back to School deal, if I return just the AirPods, will I get a refund? Also, how does the refund work? Do they pro-rate it between iPad and AirPods or will I get the full $159 back?
I’m not sure this will answer your question but there’s a returns section in the promo terms that might help:

Reactions: rui no onna

pppungpon

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2021
Could I use this promotion in Thailand(If it has not been valid yet, when is this promotion effective?)

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Could I use this promotion in Thailand(If it has not been valid yet, when is this promotion effective?)
In your country, go to apple.com/promo to see the current offers. I don't know whether specifically that link works in Thailand but it's worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.