Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kb0616

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
USA
I have an iPhone 4 that I purchased from AT&T. The night before it was scheduled to be delivered I went to AT&T and purchased a case (Speck Candy Shell for iPhone 4) because of all the news coverage of the problems the antenna was causing. I think its unfair of Apple not to reimburse one case for each iPhone 4 purchased especially in light of the fact that they are offering 3rd party cases in lieu of Bumper cases because of expected shortages.

nednarm

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
U.K
wtf we only get the choice of a black bumper!? Why no other colours? Looks like I'll just be getting a refund on my current black bumper. Great. :rolleyes:

ncfuser

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
So there are giving free cases that cause the photos taken with the flash on to be ruined? Nice choice Apple!!

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Plain black bumper ordered. :) Not having an issue, but what the heck, it's free, LOL.

guitargoddsjm

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
MA
Are there any rubber or soft ones? (what's the Griffin Motif made of?)

Speck Pixelskin HD.

I got a candyshell a week or two ago, that's going back to AT&T. I like it... it's a little bulky (i.e., it's not as thin as the iPhone itself), but it provides great protection.

I was thinking about getting a clear case as that would show the iPhone's design, but I don't think a hard case offers as much drop protection

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
So there are giving free cases that cause the photos taken with the flash on to be ruined? Nice choice Apple!!

I know.... I don't know what is going on with Apple's decision-making process lately, but there's going to be even more unhappy customers once the Reveal makes its way into their hands...

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
i liked the Speck PixelSkin, but my primary concern is getting it in and out of my pocket quickly, so i went with the Griffin Shield Micra. Hopefully I chose wisely :confused: Guess I'll find out in a couple of months when I actually get the thing... :(

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
All the colored bumpers just got extremely rare. They took the bumpers off the market for this program and only offer the black in this program. So anyone that got a colored one lucked out cause now their no longer available.

wodeh

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2007
Norwich
Plain ol' black bumper for me. It's the only case I wouldn't be able to get my hands on for review! Gonna need it for comparisons.

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
Speck Pixelskin HD.

I got a candyshell a week or two ago, that's going back to AT&T. I like it... it's a little bulky (i.e., it's not as thin as the iPhone itself), but it provides great protection.

I was thinking about getting a clear case as that would show the iPhone's design, but I don't think a hard case offers as much drop protection

I was taking pictures of my car when I happened to drop my phone from my roof...Don't ask... Needless to say my phone was fine and the only scuffs on the case seemed to rub right off minus a few scratches.

I am using the iFrogz slim case i believe

dannys95

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
Speck Pixelskin HD.

Hmm...only one? Seems unpleasant to hold :D

The candyshell isn't on the free list though. Was going to pick it up earlier this week but it scratches a lot. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.