Apple Launches New 'Why You'll Love an iPhone' Web Campaign

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxosx macrumors 68020

Good ad, discouraging message.

Stuck with another year of very modest screen size.

Oh well as long as Apples happy ...

2. skaertus macrumors 68040

skaertus

Yes, I have seen them. And so what? It is common for the underdog to attack the top-dog, and that is praised. When Apple was the underdog, it used to attack Microsoft and Windows in its ad campaigns. But it stopped to do so.

Now, Samsung takes the role of the underdog, and Apple is the mighty corporation that rules the world. The attacks of Samsung will be praised, because everyone loves the underdog.

Apple's ads, on the other hand, will have the opposite effect. I have just looked at the ad and thought "Apple must be desperate". Just losing control of the situation. As if it needed to show everybody that the iPhone 5 is better then anything else on the market. Why does Apple need to say it out and loud if it is so obvious to everybody?

The ad is clearly aimed at Samsung. It does not mention Samsung, but nobody's fool. It was released just two days after the announcement of the Galaxy S4, iPhone's biggest competitor.

3. Krimsonmyst macrumors 6502

I don't think it's them being Android fans as much as Apple fans who are realising that some of the competition is really starting to bring their A game and state a legitimate case for why their products are better.

With the exception of diehard fanboys (on both sides) - 99% of people will use what is better - it's human nature to go for what you think is the superior product.

I'm currently working as an Apple Genius at a store in Australia, and I'm one of the VERY, VERY few staff that doesn't use an iPhone, or any Apple computers at all. In fact, the only Apple product I own is an iPod Classic :D

That's not because I think Apple stuff is bad, but just because for me the competition is presenting a better offering. I've been using a Galaxy S3 for the past year, and will be lining up for an S4 when it's available.

----------

This seems to be the sentiment of a LOT of people - iPhone users or otherwise.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

O Rly?

5. Karma*Police macrumors 68000

Most users select what salespeople and journalists tell them is the best while the rest opt for whatever does the job at the lowest cost.

As for iDevice/OS limitations, it depends how you look at it...

There are hundreds more hardware accessory options for iPhone than any Android device and tens of thousands more software options for iOS than Android... times 10 for iPad over Android tablets.

And iOS is more secure, more efficient, more responsive and light years ahead of Android when it comes to audio capabilities.

6. lifeinhd macrumors 65816

lifeinhd

I guess I'm nobody then :eek:

I have terrible eyesight and typically wear glasses, but when I wake up in the morning I use my iPhone to help me not fall back asleep. While lying on my side with no glasses on. In order to see the phone clearly, it needs to be about 6" from my face, and at that point I CAN see the pixels.

A 1080p 5" phone would be welcome.

7. iGrip macrumors 68000

iGrip

If everybody was like you, then AAPL would no longer be a lousy investment.

8. Krimsonmyst macrumors 6502

Forgot about that one - I stand corrected. Still - one poster type spec comparison ad is pretty small chips compared to the other more subtle type ads they've produced.

9. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

I'm confused... you have bad eyesight, but can see pixels... :confused:

The only suggestion I'd have for you would be to go buy a Note.

10. genovelle macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what you are doing but I use my iPhone all day and it never dies before I get home. it usually has like 12% after like 10 hours if i dont charge on the way home, but im good with that. i did have an issue with the exchange server at work but turned of push and it was resolved.

----------

my coworker showed my his iPhone today and he has increased the font size. might help

11. SgtPepper12 macrumors 6502a

SgtPepper12

Yes, this is what you do.

12. genovelle macrumors 6502a

Google can't get the software side to flow smoothly, what makes you think they would be better at combining the two all of a sudden when this has been a part of Apple's DNA since 1984. remember Google, Microsoft and all Apple's other competitors have said their business model was flawed. but they have flourished by doing it their own way. now everyone wants to copy them and then call Apple stale. Really?!

13. thehustleman macrumors 65816

But my galaxy s III let's me do so many things and so EASILY. it's the reason I left my iphone

14. szw-mapple fan macrumors 68000

szw-mapple fan

Does it really matter that much? Once it reaches retina levels the only thing that matters is the quality and colors of the screen. You can't discern it even if it does have a higher ppi.

15. genovelle macrumors 6502a

No, it's not just you. I think they are being paid to troll.

16. Zendokan macrumors regular

Zendokan

Bwahahaha...I think I just broke a few ribs from laughing so hard!

I've been using an S3 as company phone since mid january and I'm going to sell to the first smuck that wants to buy it.

Let's talk about limitations that I have experienced with this "best platform":

The battery life is appaling, keeping the S3 on standby without activating WiFi and Bluetooth, running it in energy savings mode, killing most of the services and all of the apps that were running in the background and my battery was still 41% drained after 6 hours.
    Heck, I forgot one evening to stop the WiFi and the battery was completely drained in 15 hours.

I can't even download any app equal or bigger than the Facebook app with 3G without getting a "501" error. With the same provider, 3G works perfectly on my iPhone 4S for apps upto 50MB.

I need to run AV software because a lot of the apps in Google Play are considered intrusieve adware or contain malware which brings me to my other point. Running an AV software on a Linux distribution really defeats the purpose of using Linux.

I can't upgrade the OS myself, so my S3 was delivered with Android 4.1.1 and I got an upgrade to 4.1.2 pushed. No information in how to get Android 4.2. But I'm still lucky, because a collegue got his S3 delivered with Android 4.0.4 and guess which version he is running right now. I'll give you a clue: it starts with a "4" and ends with a "4" and somewhere there's also a "0" involved.

The lag that is still visible. You would think that a smartphone with a quadcore processor would give the user a smooth experience. Well, it doesn't!

I'll take the "limitations" of iDevices, iOS and ecosystem every day above your "best platform", because at least I know that my choices work.

17. wxman2003 Suspended

Like what? I came from an the razr maxx, and nothing was any easier, other than using a widget to turn off wifi, or airplane mode.Whoopee. All the apps worked just as quickly. Text messages the same. Making phone calls, no difference.

18. genovelle macrumors 6502a

silly huh?

19. Chortos-2 macrumors newbie

Chortos-2

Okay. But I seem to remember several occasions of mass iOS app updates for ‘compatibility’ with new iOS versions; what about that?

I’m not saying Android isn’t fragmented, but iOS isn’t non-fragmented either—although it’s still more unified than Android is.

20. thehustleman macrumors 65816

Closing all apps
    Multitasking

21. genovelle macrumors 6502a

So if their Supposed best platform is not Apple's why are they not on a forum that supports their platform. this is not it.

----------

People like you do a lot of complaining. there is always someone complaining about every move they have made since 1997. Thank God management ignores you.

----------

I've seen many many MANY that dispute your claim.

22. Marcus-k macrumors regular

Because we like this forum and are interested in Apple news? You don't have to love Apple to be here.

Well then, link these "many many MANY" sites.

23. Krimsonmyst macrumors 6502

What this guy said - A lot of reviews have said the HTC One is the best display ever seen on a smartphone.

24. KPOM macrumors G5

441PPI Pentile translates to about 332 in real terms. That said, it is a little odd that Apple is making this point, since others do have similar screens. However, the iPhone 5 screen has far more accurate colors than any Samsung AMOLED screen.

25. genovelle macrumors 6502a

how is a company that remains the most profitable and continues to increase their sales and actually creates markets that those you seem to love can only be successful at once Apple shows them the way. pathetic!

----------

like what. i feel sorry for people i know with those phones. they constantly struggle to use them if they arent' tech people. send them a text with anything more that a jpeg file and you get a text saying, i cant open the file. then starts the search for an app to open it. hopefully its not malware. scary since it can be right on the Google Play site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.