Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oblivion1337

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2018
UK
What does everyone think will be a better combo with the pacific blue pro?

Saddle brown case with Baltic blue wallet?
Or Baltic blue case with saddle brown wallet??

I am going pacific blue with Baltic blue leather case and saddle brown wallet. Wallet would be most of the time removed and only will be using when going out. So Baltic blue case with pacific blue is pure match.
Image I inspired from case thread posted by brandQn. Not mine.
207718a65967911174005ab57b5a64b3.jpg

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
I just pre ordered the 12 Pro max and bought the leather magsafe case which is arriving tomorrow, I have been watching videos of the magsafe system and the wallet, have Apple made a huge mistake with these? If I hadn't got £10 off the price of the leather case bringing it down to £48 I would most certainly be returning it, check out these videos and tell me what I am not seeing that should convince me to waste any more on the useless accessories!

I am a huge Apple fan but am getting seriously worried about the way they are going, all common sense seems to be disappearing!

Wallet review, one case off one case on.

Case off:

Case on:

Magsafe Charger Puck:

Reactions: 480951 and bigup

bigup

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
United Kingdom
I just pre ordered the 12 Pro max and bought the leather magsafe case which is arriving tomorrow, I have been watching videos of the magsafe system and the wallet, have Apple made a huge mistake with these? If I hadn't got £10 off the price of the leather case bringing it down to £48 I would most certainly be returning it, check out these videos and tell me what I am not seeing that should convince me to waste any more on the useless accessories!

I am a huge Apple fan but am getting seriously worried about the way they are going, all common sense seems to be disappearing!

Wallet review, one case off one case on.

Case off:

Case on:

Magsafe Charger Puck:
I've already seen some third party leather wallets for sale. Il wait until these get better quality and grab one at fraction of the cost :)

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
I've already seen some third party leather wallets for sale. Il wait until these get better quality and grab one at fraction of the cost :)
At the moment in the UK the leather wallet for the 12 pro max is £48 compared with £58 or so at Apple, in fact I found out about it from reading posts on this site so thanks to those for sharing. After watching the videos above I was hovering over the Amazon cancel button but I must say I do like the Apple original leather cases, getting the £10 off makes me feel like I am not paying premium for the badly executed magsafe system so will keep it.

Reactions: bigup

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
At least with Apple you have the 14 day remorse period where you can send something back if you just don't get on with it. Or wait for some actual hands-on experiences from users on here which is always worth doing.

Its getting more & more difficult on social media, YouTube and even on here, to cut through the clickbait headlines, pieces which are just out to be sensationalist and views from people based on all of the above. Not to mention the age old subjective v objective thing which often gets lost.

Kaffebreak

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016
A few days in now and I’m really pleased with it. The look and feel of it??. No problems yet with slim jeans or other accidents.

My only problem now is that my regular wallet I thought still would be my number 1 most of the time will feel sad because it’s been Magsafe Wallet all week?

Attachments

• A33D1278-4A98-4B5F-BE68-E26A641EB0B3.jpeg
    A33D1278-4A98-4B5F-BE68-E26A641EB0B3.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 311

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
So these "wallets" stick more strongly if you have an Apple branded leather or silicone case on?

Why do they call these "wallets" when it's just one pocket to stuff everything in? Every wallet I've had has at least one pocket with a clear ID window and another pocket for credit card(s).

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
So these "wallets" stick more strongly if you have an Apple branded leather or silicone case on?

Why do they call these "wallets" when it's just one pocket to stuff everything in? Every wallet I've had has at least one pocket with a clear ID window and another pocket for credit card(s).
Card sleeve would maybe be more accurate, for example this is my old "wallet" Bellroy Card Sleeve which I carried 3 cards in.

Also I find mine sticks to the silicone case and glass back about the same.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Card sleeve would maybe be more accurate, for example this is my old "wallet" Bellroy Card Sleeve which I carried 3 cards in.

Also I find mine sticks to the silicone case and glass back about the same.
Hmmm, there's different info. all over the place here. Some threads I just read there's mention that the magsafe wallet sticks more strongly onto the back of Apple's magsafe cases vs. just the back of the iPhone 12 series phones.

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
Who actually uses 3 cards or less, if you did surely you would be using Apple pay or similar. Average wallet 1 x drivers licence/ID, 1 x Credit Card (hopefully not Amex and not everywhere takes them) and 1 x Debit card (max 3 cards), lets just hope I am not going to Costco or the store doesn't take visa on mastercard or vice versa, 3 cards is just not enough so you will end up carrying your normal wallet which I guess is a good thing after the Apple card holder (lets face it it is not a wallet at all) has fallen off somewhere never to be seen again, or you took it off to charge your phone and forgot to put it back on, in effect a HUGE FAIL by Apple!

Don't forget if you use the MagSafe car charger you will have to take it off to use the phone on that, sitting in the car, take it off to attach the phone to the MagSafe Belkin, where do you put the wallet, jeans too tight to put in your pocket without getting out, on the spare seat, in a side pocket, somewhere it will fall under a seat while cornering fast, give me a break its daft, on off on off on off lost Oops.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Who actually uses 3 cards or less, if you did surely you would be using Apple pay or similar. Average wallet 1 x drivers licence/ID, 1 x Credit Card (hopefully not Amex and not everywhere takes them) and 1 x Debit card (max 3 cards), lets just hope I am not going to Costco or the store doesn't take visa on mastercard or vice versa, 3 cards is just not enough so you will end up carrying your normal wallet which I guess is a good thing after the Apple card holder (lets face it it is not a wallet at all) has fallen off somewhere never to be seen again, or you took it off to charge your phone and forgot to put it back on, in effect a HUGE FAIL by Apple!

Don't forget if you use the MagSafe car charger you will have to take it off to use the phone on that, on off on off on off lost Oops.
2x Mastercard and my driving license, can't use just Apple Pay because not everywhere in the UK accepts over £45 with it. I don't go Costco or anywhere else that needs a "membership" card and you'd struggle to find somewhere that doesn't accept Mastercard (Costco doesn't but like I said, I don't go there).

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Any more thoughts on using this case “naked”? I’m getting my Pro Max later this week and trying to decide if it’ll work for me but pretty sure I won’t use a case with the pro Max due to the extra bulk (getting apple care accidental
damage insurance).

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Any more thoughts on using this case “naked”? I’m getting my Pro Max later this week and trying to decide if it’ll work for me but pretty sure I won’t use a case with the pro Max due to the extra bulk (getting apple care accidental
damage insurance).
I have the silicone case but don't really use it, wallet is great with my "naked" 12.

gadgetpete

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2020
The leather case for the 12 Pro Max is super thin almost like naked, I doubt it would offer any shock protection maybe just scratch protection, so wasting £58 on one is a matter for you, I bought one discounted to £48 and that was hard enough to justify, maybe get a case try it and if you don't like it return it, I have no idea how slippy the 12 Pr Max is naked, maybe a bit of super skinny leather stretched over a thing plastic case may help.

Reactions: nrvous1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.