Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mektobat

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2015
Samarinda, Indonesia
If iPad Pro supports (English) handwriting recognition better than current iPad Air 2 combined with Adonit Jot Script 2 and Goodnotes app, even if it doesn't support (formal and informal) Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language) yet, I will definitely buy iPad Pro once it's available in Indonesia in (probably) around March to June 2016.

I trust Apple.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Then what will happen to the October event?

It would either be Mac's only, possibly update to the Mac Pro, new iMacs maybe. Or they may not do the October event because they don't have any new Mac updates to show. Technically we will have had the 3 events, let's not forget the Apple Watch event earlier this year, WWDC in June and now the September event.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I don't think its likely at all. A separate event is always more fun to look forward to!

This.
And if they start shipping in November what's the point in showcasing it next week? iPhone and Apple TV will take all the spotlight and the attention of the press, it'd be wiser for them to have a separate event in October to announce the iPad and maybe something new on the Mac

Reactions: Billy95Tech

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
I don't understand the fetish to have OS X on an iPad. OS X is not meant for fat fingers but for mouse and keyboard. If you want to type, you want to keyboard to hover over the dock? or the dock moves with it, but you will have less working space? people say crazy talk on this board. You want a file system on IOS is that the reason? you want to move and smudge with tiny files and your fat fingers?

I'd totally understand it if people would like 'plug' the iPad pro in a docking station and OS X became available.

Reactions: gernot.kogler

frtgfrtgfrtg

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015

Along with unveiling the next-generation iPhones, the revamped Apple TV, and new Apple Watch Sport bands at its September 9 event, Apple is also likely planning to introduce the updated iPad mini 4 and the much-anticipated larger-screened iPad Pro, reports 9to5Mac.

While the event will see the debut of the 12.9-inch tablet, Apple does not plan to ship it until November, following late October pre-orders. A September introduction for new iPads is not in line with Apple's past iPad updates, which have come in October for several years running, but Apple may be introducing the iPad Pro several months early in order to give developers time to create apps for the new device.

Apple also plans to introduce the iPad mini 4, a significant update that brings the 7.9-inch tablet in line with the existing iPad Air 2. It appears the 9.7-inch iPad Air 2 may not be updated in 2015, with Apple instead focusing its attention on the iPad Pro and the iPad mini 4 and pushing the iPad Air 2 update back to 2016.

New Macs are also not expected to be included at Apple's September event, and with the iPads being debuted this month instead of next month, it's unclear if we will see two fall Apple events in 2015 as we have in past years.

Today's report warns that while Apple's plan is to unveil the iPad Pro at the September 9 event, the company could choose to delay its introduction until October.

In addition to a larger 12.9-inch display, the iPad Pro is expected to include an A9 processor, 2GB of RAM, a Force Touch-enabled stylus, and perhaps USB 3.0 ports that will support peripheral devices. The tablet will run iOS 9.1, an update to iOS 9 that will debut in November when the iPad Pro launches.

Article Link: Apple Likely to Introduce iPad Pro and iPad Mini 4 at September 9 Event

frtgfrtgfrtg

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
Please apple, im waiting for the iPad air 3.im not interested in the mini and the pro is a big joke at that size.bring air 3 out now

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011
Regular 'equality' updates, iPhone 6S, iOS 9 re run, Apple OS re run, Apple Watch bands, Apple TV hardware and SDK run through and then iPad PRO - I think this all will be unlikely for one event, but would be a pleasant surprise.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
This.
And if they start shipping in November what's the point in showcasing it next week? iPhone and Apple TV will take all the spotlight and the attention of the press, it'd be wiser for them to have a separate event in October to announce the iPad and maybe something new on the Mac
It would give developers additional time to create or modify apps for the iPad Pro. From the rumors, the iPad Pro looks to be a large enough change from the iPad Air that I wouldn’t be surprised to see a fair number of new apps with it in mind.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
If iPad Pro supports (English) handwriting recognition better than current iPad Air 2 combined with Adonit Jot Script 2 and Goodnotes app, even if it doesn't support (formal and informal) Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language) yet, I will definitely buy iPad Pro once it's available in Indonesia in (probably) around March to June 2016.

I trust Apple.
Is jot script 2 really that better?
I bought jot script 1 and returned it because it just didn't work as I'd like it. Frankly, Galaxy Note blew it away, and i absolutely hate that phone.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
You can call it iPad Plus if you'd like instead, but currently it would make very little sense to run OS X on any iPad. iOS and OS X are not interchangeable, they are designed for very different platforms and methods of input.

Correct. I don't know what this still gets debated. As for the standard iPad, I'm disappointed that they likely won't take care of some of the niggling issues that plague the Air 2. Oh well. I'll be on the sidelines for this one.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
As the 6s will be slightly thicker, do you all think that OIS will be made available on the model? It doesn't bother me as I'll be getting the 6s Plus but it did occur to me.

keithmd

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Yes, fingerpainting should be the only option for us.

That quote of his regarding a stylus is often misinterpreted. He was simply referencing smartphones at the time that required a stylus for input.

I used to have one of those with a stylus. It also did copy and paste.

keithmd

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Here's what i think - The iPad Pro will be a better dual purpose laptop/tablet than a Surface... Because people like the Surface... (I don't)

Apple should do it better. Maybe a true "dual device" thing
- iPad in a detachable screen for tablet mode
- MacBook in the keyboard case for mac mode

-- uses Intel's wireless screen connection for mac mode
-- leverages apple "continuation" feature
-- uses force touch to swtich between ipad/mac

-- no kickstand (supported by the base?)
-- no need to run a full OS in tablet mode

The two cpus would share screen, storage, and maybe battery.

I only carry one device.

This is a no-brainer.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This.
If we see iPads at this event then I think it's pretty clear that there won't be any Mac updates this fall or at least nothing worthy of its own event.

skycorgan

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Last time I checked, a tablet with a screen larger than an iPad with active digitizer and a full OS already exists. It's called a Microsoft Surface.

macnewbie91

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2015
Would be nice to have an Apple TV that can output a real resolution instead of 720p at the max. What is this? 2005?

Release an Apple TV with output capabilities up to 4K. I own a 4K TV and so do many other people.

macnewbie91

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2015
I don't understand the fetish to have OS X on an iPad. OS X is not meant for fat fingers but for mouse and keyboard. If you want to type, you want to keyboard to hover over the dock? or the dock moves with it, but you will have less working space? people say crazy talk on this board. You want a file system on IOS is that the reason? you want to move and smudge with tiny files and your fat fingers?

I'd totally understand it if people would like 'plug' the iPad pro in a docking station and OS X became available.

It's really not that hard to understand. Put USB-C or regular USB ports on the iPad Pro and now you're able to plug a mouse into it. A detachable keyboard like on the Surface would accompany the mouse. I'd say putting a basic app launcher on such a large tablet is a dumber idea than putting OS X on it.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
mr.bee said:

It's really not that hard to understand. Put USB-C or regular USB ports on the iPad Pro and now you're able to plug a mouse into it. A detachable keyboard like on the Surface would accompany the mouse. I'd say putting a basic app launcher on such a large tablet is a dumber idea than putting OS X on it.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Either there would be no iPad Pro but iPad + or there would be a real iPad Pro to seriously compete with the Surface, but what are the annoyances that people have with the Surface that Apple would like to overcome without eating MacBook sales?

Hardware wise the Surface is more like a tiny furnace with all the vent ports all around Apple had managed to cram all in the MacBooks without the same.

Why can't you use touch to click on a button, or move a window, drag things on Mac OS X? What optimization BS are you talking about? If indeed you want to improve the experience Apple will do it, are you saying they can't?
If you are so old school that indeed you need a mouse what is preventing you from connecting one? Can't you connect them via Bluetooth, just to name one? If the stylus is coming too that would be the most versatile Apple device: you want touch, force touch, stylus, mouse, trackpad, keyboard, extended keyboard, gestures, trackball, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.