Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
You do get something for being an early adopter, you get to have and play with the new toy for many months before anyone else does. I'm not sure anything will ever reach the level of the first iPhone though. Strangers would stop me when I used that thing, so many people were fascinated by it and thought it was crazy to pay $600 for a cell phone.

Reactions: Benjamin Frostbite

ChrisCW11

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
They do reward early adopters.

You get to pay the Apple Tax on a new product that is significantly less value for the features it offers.
You get to help work out all the bugs and kinks in the software and hardware.
You get all your data stolen and nude pictures posted online.

But your reward is the smugness and bragging writes of being one of the first people standing in line to get something "new" from Apple. I mean look at how many posters here list all their Apple stuff in their signature as it if means something that they bought into all the hype. All it shows me is how much money is thrown at stuff that seems to be increasingly unspectacular in almost every possible way and yet people still hang on to the notion that Apple is an innovator.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

You get to pay the Apple Tax on a new product that is significantly less value for the features it offers.

But your reward is the smugness and bragging writes of being one of the first people standing in line to get something "new" from Apple. I mean look at how many posters here list all their Apple stuff in their signature as it if means something that they bought into all the hype. All it shows me is how much money is thrown at stuff that seems to be increasingly unspectacular in almost every possible way and yet people still hang on to the notion that Apple is an innovator.

Rites.

Reactions: CarlJ

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
What an interesting discussion. Here's how a transaction works: you give Apple money, they give you a product to enjoy in return. Neither side owes the other anything after that. What kind of crazy sense of entitlement would make someone think that Apple owes them something more for being an early adopter?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Probably autocorrect. Lately, it's been mangling my words in here. Completely changing them.

A tad annoying since the main way humans communicate is with our writes and our speaks! :)

I switch mine on and off every few months, because I get aggravated with it. It has gotten in the habit of splitting single words into two or three words that make no sense. I think I'll switch it off again. Argh.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
We are buying this and advertising for them...

At the very least we should expect some kind of token for appreciation. Like... A discount, an electronic badge, limited edition watch face. Something.

This should be proposed to Apple if they aren't thinking about it already.

Did they reward the first iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, MacBook users?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York

Please take your negativity somewhere else. 4chan is a good place for **** like that.

This is an Apple forum. People come here for 3 reasons
1) People have a question or an issue that requires trouble shooting. These people aren't likely to come back after their issue is resolved
2) The people who love Apple and tech. These people usually vist the forum daily and spends lots of time on the forum a lot of times for the love Apple products and discussing them.
3) Trolls and or people who bitch about the people who vist the forum because they enjoy Apple products.

Please don't be number 3.

Reactions: Benjamin Frostbite

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
We are buying this and advertising for them...

At the very least we should expect some kind of token for appreciation. Like... A discount, an electronic badge, limited edition watch face. Something.

This should be proposed to Apple if they aren't thinking about it already.
Have you ever gotten anything from a car company when you've purchased a new model from them? That big hunk of rolling steel is a major advertisement for them as well as the dealership where you purchased it with all those logos on it.

Reactions: The Doctor11

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Reminds me of when I got $100 Apple credit for buying the original iPhone after they dropped the price by $200.

I think the Apple Watch is currently overpriced for what it does right now, but I doubt they'll be dropping the price any time soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.