Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Looks like storage stacks with existing storage.
It also means upgrade from 200 GB to 2 TB will cost the full $9.99. And you’ll have a total of 2.2 TB available
This is awesome. I could recommend this with my family and keep my existing 2TB to myself.

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
the premier plan comes with 2TB. were you already paying for 2TB of storage and didn't cancel that?
Yea, I just went through this. I have 2 separate accounts (not intentionally) for iTunes Store, and iCloud. My previous storage plan was associated with the iTunes Store account. It had me reassociate my storage with my iCloud account and then cancelled my 2TB plan for me.

I just have one 2TB plan, included with AppleOne Premier now.

Reactions: eroyce and gsmornot

fribhey

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2005
I wish the Premier subscription included iTunes Match.
I have iTunes Match and don't have Apple Music but I was under the impression that iTunes Match was part of Apple Music. Does Apple Music not upload the songs in your library that are not in Apple Music?

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Mine says start free trial, but then says existing subscriptions not eligible for trial. So basically I’m not getting a free trial on a cost basis, just news+, as fitness isn’t out yet (and I’m eligible for 3 months free because of the watch) and my tv+ doesn’t expire until feb. I think I’m better off waiting until February as I’m only paying for music and 2tb iCloud right now.

Thanks for this, because now what I'm seeing on my phone makes sense. Even though the Premier trial really isn't saving me much during the trial itself (and I'd have TV+ for free through Feb), I'd like the extra subscriptions which I'll get now. I would have subscribed to Premier even without the free trial.

TeNsTrKe15

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
All set up on the family plan! For those who are seeing double storage you do need to downgrade it to “None” because it is a separate subscription. Didn’t think I’d pay for arcade or Apple TV but for the extra $2 (already paying $15 for AM and $3 for 200GB) why not!

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I currently have an Apple Music Family plan and 2TB storage linked to AppleID #1.

My family AppleIDs are part of the defined Apple family.

Can I take out an Apple One subscription on AppleID #2, which is also part of the family, without causing disruption to anybody's saved music etc?

Do I then need to go and manually cancel the existing plan and storage?

Reactions: igrover

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I have the $9.99 2TB plan right now.

Just signed up for the Premier plan and now I have 4TB of iCloud storage! Guess I need to turn that off! lol.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I have iTunes Match and don't have Apple Music but I was under the impression that iTunes Match was part of Apple Music. Does Apple Music not upload the songs in your library that are not in Apple Music?
It does. Apple Music includes ”all the features of iTunes Match.”

Reactions: Nütztjanix

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
They forgot to update their site, still saying coming this fall.
Too bad we don't offer the top tier in my country, I think is the best value for money. We don't have Fitness+ and News+ here so we can only have the bundle with Music and Arcade, but nobody in my family plays games and I actually prefer Spotify, I'd switch to AM if I had the top tier, but I think I'll continue paying for iCloud storage alone.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Too many uncertainties.

I have Apple TV+ free until February and I’m not sure if that gets discounted. I just paid for my storage and Music subscriptions And a I’m not sure if those get prorated. I also don’t like that this service stacks on top of any existing iCloud storage subscription and required extra steps to get it the way you want it without One doing it automatically.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
The reality is, I'm paying for Apple Music as part of my Verizon plan (they build the cost into the plan itself; as nothing is truly free). That being said, and as others have pointed out on this forum (including you), they should have thought of a way to prorate services to account for free trials, Verizon paid Apple Music and the lack of Apple Fitness at launch. This is an oversight, and not including a way to account for already paid services and trials does defeat the purpose of a bundle on principal.
Why though? If you are getting Apple Music for free through Verizon, then just get the other services you want from Apple separately. That would still be cheaper than getting a bundle. Once Verizon's free Apple Music promotion expires, cancel Apple Music through them and then switch to a bundle from Apple. Is there any benefit to continue getting Apple Music through Verizon after the free promotion ends? They charge $9.99, the same price as Apple does.

n4uaj

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
So, I have Apple Music through Verizon. I don't want to pay for Apple Music as part of the Apple One subscription due to my existing free subscription... Has anyone heard if Apple has a way to handle this?
I have the same situation here. Probably just cheaper to keep my free Apple Music on the Verizon plan and continue to pay for the rest. I got Arcade free for 3 months with the iPhone 12. I was told by Apple support yesterday to wait and cancel the paid version the day before renewal then sign up for the free 3 months.

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I currently have an Apple Music Family plan and 2TB storage linked to AppleID #1.

My family AppleIDs are part of the defined Apple family.

Can I take out an Apple One subscription on AppleID #2, which is also part of the family, without causing disruption to anybody's saved music etc?

Do I then need to go and manually cancel the existing plan and storage?

If I understand your question - yes. This was my exact thing. iTunes on AppleID#1, with all purchases, storage & iTunes Match. Family Apple Music, Arcade & AppleTV+ on AppleID#2. It asked me to reassociate my storage from AppleID#1 to AppleID#2 in the subscription wizard.

Reactions: eroyce and ascender

debug77

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2009
Too many uncertainties.

I have Apple TV+ free until February and I’m not sure if that gets discounted. I just paid for my storage and Music subscriptions And a I’m not sure if those get prorated. I also don’t like that this service stacks on top of any existing iCloud storage subscription and required extra steps to get it the way you want it without One doing it automatically.
This is what I'm unsure of too. I have Apple Music through to May 2021, and I'd rather not lose out on that (given I've paid for it), and Arcade to end of Jan 2021.

Tyrannosaurs

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
If I understand your question - yes. This was my exact thing. iTunes on AppleID#1, with all purchases, storage & iTunes Match. Family Apple Music, Arcade & AppleTV+ on AppleID#2. It asked me to reassociate my storage from AppleID#1 to AppleID#2 in the subscription wizard.
Take the subscription out on ID2 and create a family with both IDs in and they should both have access to the benefits?

I have a second ID for my work phone and have just made it part of the family.

legacyb4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My button for premiere is saying "subscribe" NOT "Start Free Trial." Anyone else seeing that?
I'm getting this (Canadian $)

1604071438082.jpeg

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
The premier plan is a great deal - I previously had Apple Music (Family plan), 2TB iCloud storage and Apple News+. The premier bundle costs less than just those 3 and adds AppleTV+, Apple Arcade and Apple Fitness+ when it comes out

Subscribing was dead easy from my phone and it automatically removed my individual services.

The only thing that wasn’t clear is what happens with the remaining time on those individual subscriptions: I would hope I get a pro-rata refund as I was charged the full £29.95 straight away (I already had some time left on a free Apple TV+ And Apple Arcade subscription from my phone and Apple TV)

However, no mention was made about it so I guess I’ll have to wait and see (the 3 existing services I pay for all renew on different dates so I couldn’t just wait until they were up for renewal)

EDIT: It looks like the existing services are refunded as per this post by @saketbash

Last edited:

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
I suppose I'll eventually sign up, but right now I'm paying $10 for iCloud and only $5 for student music, plus free year of TV+. I wouldn't mind news, arcade, and fitness but I'm not willing to pay full price for them, so as long as I'm getting music and TV for only $5, this bundle doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: Openworld1234

ukbootlegs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2019
United Kingdom
I bought the Apple Watch 6. It said I’d get 3 months Apple fitness for free. Is this still happening? Nothing offering fitness in the subscriptions

thx

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
I’m already paying for a family music subscription & extra storage. Paying an extra £2 a month to gain Apple Arcade would be a no-brainer if Apple Arcade wasn’t such a steaming turd. There’s literally nothing worth playing from my point of view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.