Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teak421

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Looks like everyone here and the other 50 million people are trying to sign up... Just a blank page for me...

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
While I know people would like full ala cart, I don't think it's unusual for a vendor to group together what they feel are the most popular options and not allow substitutions or removals.
Most popular...or the ones needing a boost being added to Music and Storage? I think a lot of people would drop Apple TV+ when their subscriptions run out so by adding it to a bundle, Apple doesn't have to face the mass cancellations as the free trials expire.

RoadRunner505

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2018
Signed up for free trial. Already have the 2TB iCloud storage plan, and according to Settings/iCloud/Storage I now have 4TB (2TB that I paid for last month plus 2TB from the free AppleOne trial). In fact it says "You have a 2TB iCloud storage plan and 2TB of storage included with AppleOne."

So, since I intend to keep the AppleOne subscription and only need/want 2TB, I suppose I need to manually downgrade from the iCloud storage plan before that one renews (mine renews next week)?

I think Apple was trying to get in front of this question because in the confirmation email, there's a paragraph reading "
*Services for which you already have a paid subscription or free trial are not included in your Apple One trial. Your subscription includes iCloud storage. Learn what happens to your iCloud storage plan when you sign up for Apple One.

BUT....of course that link is dead. :rolleyes:

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Signed up for free trial. Already have the 2TB iCloud storage plan, and according to Settings/iCloud/Storage I now have 4TB (2TB that I paid for last month plus 2TB from the free AppleOne trial). In fact it says "You have a 2TB iCloud storage plan and 2TB of storage included with AppleOne."

So, since I intend to keep the AppleOne subscription and only need/want 2TB, I suppose I need to manually downgrade from the iCloud storage plan before that one renews (mine renews next week)?

I think Apple was trying to get in front of this question because in the confirmation email, there's a paragraph reading "
*Services for which you already have a paid subscription or free trial are not included in your Apple One trial. Your subscription includes iCloud storage. Learn what happens to your iCloud storage plan when you sign up for Apple One.

Yep - I just cancelled my 2TB subscription plan ($9.99/mo). I noticed my Apple TV subscription is still active too on my other account. So I'll have to cancel that too.

lucasajackson

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2017
Why though? If you are getting Apple Music for free through Verizon, then just get the other services you want from Apple separately. That would still be cheaper than getting a bundle. Once Verizon's free Apple Music promotion expires, cancel Apple Music through them and then switch to a bundle from Apple. Is there any benefit to continue getting Apple Music through Verizon after the free promotion ends? They charge $9.99, the same price as Apple does.
Apple Music through Verizon is included in my plan in perpetuity. I say included, because we all know the cost of Apple Music is included in the cost of the Verizon plan (it's not really free).

2TB - $10
Apple Arcade - $5
Apple News + - $10
Apple TV + - $5
Apple Fitness - $10
-------------------------
$40 / month

TeNsTrKe15

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015

Yes you need to downgrade to “None”. You’ll get to keep your additional 2TB until that subscription ends, then Apple One 2TB will be your storage

Reactions: RoadRunner505

gjfffm

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
Germany
I previously had the 2 TB iCloud Storage shared with my family. I have two different Apple IDs (Store and iCloud). Since the Premiere Plan is not available in Germany, I had to take the family plan. The 200 GB Apple One storage was connected to my Store ID. It gives you the possibility of switching the Storage to the iCloud ID, but then its forcing me to cancel the 2 TB storage to take the 200 GB from Apple One. I did so, thinking I could upgrade back to 2 GB afterwards. I was able to do so, but then the 200 GB went back to the Store ID, which obviously cant be used this way... Seems like im paying now for 2,2 TB but only getting 2 TB.

Are you serious, Apple?!

roar08

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
I have iTunes Match and don't have Apple Music but I was under the impression that iTunes Match was part of Apple Music. Does Apple Music not upload the songs in your library that are not in Apple Music?
Apple Music includes iTunes Match:

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
I’m hoping Apple offers “build a bundle” option.
I would get a family plan with ATV, News, Storage 2tb and Music.
That would make sense to me and the ability to build for your needs would attract more people IMO.

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Apple is offering Arcade for 3 months free now, and Apple TV is going to be free if you buy a new apple device, which is a wash. So in the end I pay 10 bucks for 2tb of storage and 10 bucks for music, so now i have to pay 30 for the same and get Fitness, which isnt here yet and apple news plus, which is not that great in my opinion

I love Apple and everything but this seems like a ploy to get people in the ecosystem without offering anything beneficial

If anything they should offer more storage for less money, as storage is key for most of us. They are already charging more for iCloud storage than most competition.

Reactions: Openworld1234

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2006
I was charged for both my Music and iCloud subscriptions a few days ago. Signing up for Apple One charged me the full $20 plus tax. I’m hoping they will refund the others at a prorated level then...
Yeah I was wondering how that works

oldsuttree

Cancelled
Oct 16, 2020
PRetty sure it does...does an apple music subscription give you match?
iTunes Match is included in Apple Music. If you pay for both Apple Music AND iTunes Match separately Tim Cook will personally send you one of these:

1604071907181.png

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
iTunes Match is included in Apple Music since day 1. If you pay for both Apple Music AND iTunes Match separately Tim Cook will personally send you one of these:

View attachment 976439

I called Apple Support and they said my pending Apple Music charge (which hit my credit card today) should come off and if it doesn’t within the next 1-2 days then I should call back. They also said if you upload music to the cloud that is not available in iTunes then you need iTunes Match (which is not included in Apple One).

Darth-Kylie

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2009
Can someone check how much it is to add 2TB to the 19,95 family plan?
you can have a separate iCloud sub, so it’s whatever Apple One tier you choose + whatever iCloud tier you choose. That goes for $ and GB/TB. So, yeah, you can have a 4TB plan if you really want it.

I like this flexibility as You could go for 400GB instead, for about $23, if you don’t care about Fitness+.

Last edited:

nihilisticmonk

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Yes you need to downgrade to “None”. You’ll get to keep your additional 2TB until that subscription ends, then Apple One 2TB will be your storage
In the UK, it automatically refunded my 2TB iCloud Drive plan and I show 2TB in my iCloud settings now on Apple One.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.