Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
I would imagine that Fitness+ will be launched tonight or tomorrow at the latest to complete the Apple One plans and avoid these glitches.

Si Vis Pacem

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2017
Vindobona
We have Apple One and downgraded our 2TB plan to 200GB because it was announced they‘ll get stacked ... No, they didn‘t.

Had to upgrade to the 2TB data plan due to having 257GB family usage ... and we don‘t get the premier plan because Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: LighteningMcqueen

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Folks, I've just finished talking to a Senior Advisor. She assured me there is no issue with Apple One because if there was, she would have heard about it because Apple talks to over 1 million customers an hour. Plus, she has worked for Apple for 60 years and has never heard of this kind of issue. So, to troubleshoot this Services issue, you'll need to follow the standard steps: First, restart your Apple Services by holding the power button. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to Force Reboot your Apple Services by quickly pressing the Apple Services volume buttons and holding the Power button. If the issue persists, you'll need to Erase All Content and Settings on your Apple Services ONLY. It is very important that you don't do this on the device itself, just the Apple Services. If the issue persists, they'll escalate to Engineering. Engineering will need a full Apple Services Diagnose, with Mail logging enabled of course, and they'll get back to you within 24 - 48 hours. As always, be sure to keep your Apple Services up to date.

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
Folks, I've just finished talking to a Senior Advisor. She assured me there is no issue with Apple One because if there was, she would have heard about it because Apple talks to over 1 million customers an hour. Plus, she has worked for Apple for 60 years and has never heard of this kind of issue. So, to troubleshoot this Services issue, you'll need to follow the standard steps: First, restart your Apple Services by holding the power button. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to Force Reboot your Apple Services by quickly pressing the Apple Services volume buttons and holding the Power button. If the issue persists, you'll need to Erase All Content and Settings on your Apple Services ONLY. It is very important that you don't do this on the device itself, just the Apple Services. If the issue persists, they'll escalate to Engineering. Engineering will need a full Apple Services Diagnose, with Mail logging enabled of course, and they'll get back to you within 24 - 48 hours. As always, be sure to keep your Apple Services up to date.
60 years eh? :)

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
Hmmm. I got individually billed for all of the services I was subscribed to prior to One.

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
Can't even subscribe if I wanted to. On my MBP and iPhone I get this: This item is being modified. Please try again later.

Reactions: dohspc

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
On my account Apple autmoatically cancelled Apple Music, News+, Apple TV, Extra 2TB storage and refunded the amounts charged for that month when signing up for premier.
mine happened this way as well. I am currently showing as expired, no charge yet on my card. Services still seem to be active. Going to give it some time before I get all crazy and concerned. Apple normally does a good job at working this stuff out.

cliffster82

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2013
Glad I waited to sign up. Also if we have to cancel other services (or DO anything else) when signing up for One to avoid double-paying for stuff, I feel like that should be spelled out pretty dang clear up front.

Reactions: 5105973

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I have several promos, free Apple TV+ expiring on April 2021, free Apple Arcade and Apple News+ expiring on February 2021, $9.99 for 3 months of Apple Music expiring on February 2021, and soon-to-be-available Apple Fitness+ with 3 months of free access.

I think Apple just doesn't want me to subscribe to Apple One.

If I were to subscribe to Apple One Premier, I would ideally want to be credited full retail value of each services (up to $0) until they expire.

For instance, since the retail value of my promos are $9.99 (News+) + $9.99 (Music) + $4.99 (Arcade) + $4.99 (Apple TV+) + $7.99 (Apple Fitness+) until end of February, if I were to subscriber to Apple One Premier today, I should:
  • Free Apple One Premier for next 4 months (1 month trial of Apple One + retail promo credit until end of February).
  • $4.99/month discount for March and April 2021.
Of course, Apple would never do this and I am supposed to wait until May before switching over to Apple One to maximize my promos.

dohspc

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
Plano, TX
where do you see the refund? I already had Apple Music... no seeing a refund yet.

They refunded it in purchase history in the App Store.

Attachments

• E632D23C-50F2-4550-8842-3DE842BFC222.png
    E632D23C-50F2-4550-8842-3DE842BFC222.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 87

Liete

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2020
Ah yes the 60 year old company created in 1976

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
I didn't have this issue but I also regret being an early adopter for Apple One. I let my Apple Fanboy get the best of me and should have waited.

Apple One 30-Day Trial began October 30th
10/31 - Apple refunded me $9.99 for my 2TB iCloud Drive
11/15 - Apple charged me $14.99 for Apple Music Family
..and I had a 4 month apple News subscription expiring in February that I wasn't being charged for.

So I'm set to renew with Apple today (they've already charged me $30 a few minutes ago) and they owe me $14.99 for music still that never got refunded. I just feel like I should have maybe cancel all of my services and then moved to Apple One or just waited for the kinks to get worked out.

clcnyc

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
NYC
Dude that "technician" is a low-level employee who is there to help solve your problem and had zero to do with it. That loud disappointment is reserved up-stream for which unfortunately you'll never be able to vent your frustration. Be polite with the customer service rep, calmly voice your displeasure which will be passed along with all the other complaints creating a large common sh!tstorm of complaints that will reach the uppers. Then get on with your problem in a rational way as the customer service rep is there to help you and will try their best. Nothing will be accomplished by your flipping out other than making yourself feel good for a minute in the most entitled, douchbag way.
LOL Oh, I know I am in customer svc and I would never do that. I'm on with Apple, and they're trying to get to the bottom of it. Clearly not just me! I just don't want my data lost.

tintinUK

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Add me to the list of folks that have seen their Apple One sub expire and I've not had a billing notice come through today as expected. I still have access to my services apart from News+ that I mistakenly cancelled last month when I thought I was due a refund.

Reactions: Wilburx3

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Apple downgraded me from 400 GB storage to 200 GB and I cannot upgrade anymore. If this isn’t any issue I’m gonna cancel Apple One again and get the 19€ back as a refund. 200 GB is not enough in the Family and i don’t want to pay 30€

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yep - mine shows expired. I just renewed - looks like it did it. Now I guess I will manually close all my other subscriptions? <shrug>. What a mess.

Just renewed Apple One ---

Edit: Oh wow, I don't see music in my subscriptions anymore - and my storage went from 4TB to 2TB. Cool? :)

Edit2: Family usage shows correctly for the first time ever in iCloud Storage! Nice!

Reactions: DblHelix

zinman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012
Indy
I have $30.14 in app store credits...which is what pay monthly for Premier. It's like they moved the money there but haven't actually debited it.

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
It would also appear that apple arcade is down. I no longer have access to it, nor can I subscribe to it separately.

tintinUK

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Yep - mine shows expired. I just renewed - looks like it did it. Now I guess I will manually close all my other subscriptions? <shrug>. What a mess.

Just renewed Apple One ---

Edit: Oh wow, I don't see music in my subscriptions anymore - and my storage went from 4TB to 2TB. Cool? :)

Edit2: Family usage shows correctly for the first time ever in iCloud Storage! Nice!

My Apple Music sub is also missing from my list of subscriptions. I'm currently on a chat with Apple Support.

EDIT: I was told to just go ahead and restart the subscription. Apple suggested it was a payment authorisation issue. Seems unlikely to me. Working fine though.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.