Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prominence

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
My main cards are Blue Cash Amex & Chase Freedom and both worked.

I just used the Blue Cash Amex on the Vending Machine's NFC option.. it was GLORIOUS!! Literally put the phone near the NFC wave symbol, thumb print pops up, put your finger to the touchID, and boom - transaction ready.

3 coworkers crowded around to watch. Very "ahhh" effect on everyone.

narenh

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Interesting. All three of my main cards work fine (Citi debit MC, Citi ThankYou Preferred MC, BoA Cash Rewards Visa). And by "work" I mean they're in Passbook, but haven't had the chance to actually try it in a store yet.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008

I just used the Blue Cash Amex on the Vending Machine's NFC option.. it was GLORIOUS!! Literally put the phone near the NFC wave symbol, thumb print pops up, put your finger to the touchID, and boom - transaction ready.

Ooohhhh...ahhhhhh. ;)

Did it give you the option to switch cards? I'm curious how this will work.

orangecrushv

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Dallas

So I guess it will work on any NFC reader? I'm assuming this vending company isn't on any Apple pay list...

jsmith89

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
None of my 3 cards worked:

BB&T Credit Card - not supported - says looking into supporting in future
Local Government Federal Credit Union Credit Card - not supported - no statement
Charles Schwab Bank Debit Card - not supported - no plans to support it at this time

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
so when i goto passbook i dont see any place for adding cards. All i just see is coupons and movie stubs and airline tickets i have used. im in canada. is there a trick to getting it to work

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
None of my 4 cards work. Santander, Barclay, TD Bank. Very disappointed

Yeah, my Barclays card isn't working and they even sent an e-mail saying it would be supported when Apple Pay launched. It's even my default card on my iTunes. :confused:

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, my Barclays card isn't working and they even sent an e-mail saying it would be supported when Apple Pay launched. It's even my default card on my iTunes. :confused:

It could be a problem on their end, not being prepared yet or something. Hopefully :confused:

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
My Citibank card was accepted, but I'm having issues with verification. I've tried to have them text me and call me, neither of which is happening.

Saif23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Can someone get acess/use Apple Pay if they on the same apple id as me, I have a couple of people that use my iTunes Match & they are on my apple id. Can they use my apple pay to buy stuff ?

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Mine did. Is the billing address for your card different than the one you set as default? Mine are all the same. I haven't tried the corp card that was issued by one of my clients with a different address though.

Hmm is it a chance business visa signature by chance? I tried again and its not working :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.