Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarryC

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
North America
You are all wrong. It is a computer that is designed for helping people with their health. Specifically with your bowel movements. It is going to be called an iBM :D

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
As opposed to a mouse dragging gorilla? :)

A mouse is actually a proven and reliable technology as are tablets for drawing etc. iOS is a barley passable sketchy hunk of crap technology that people gobble up because it's "neat".

The consumers simple mindedness is heavily swayed by anything pretty or that makes them think "oh lookie! I can control it with my finger" which in generally followed by a goofy laugh.

SmoMo

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
How about the xserveresurected

Wasn't there a rumour a few months back about a small rack mountable server to replace to discontinued one?

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
Rumors this thin make me miss Page 2. But if they are going to introduce a new mac product I agree with the poster above who says "all touchscreen" mac. Launchpad will be the home screen.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
In the Windows World there are some nice notebooks with displays that swivel and close to make a tablet. Imagine a MacBook Air with a display that swivels and then can run iOS apps!

My experience with touchscreen monitors is that they are a PITA, or as Jobs would say, "a bag of hurt." Unless they can lie flat, like a tablet, it will never happen.

DB2k

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2007
Air Mac
A mac which had a better integration with your iOS device so all your files and settings etc are on your device. plus it into any air mac and you get your use expdrience, with the faster processing power. Requires iCloud access to fulyl function.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Could this be the replacement / alternative for the long overdue MacPro refresh. A powerful headless desktop/workstation with a new re-design and standard i7 architecture ?

Priced well above the mini - but well below the MacPro... Could be interesting.

Ulf1103

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Probably the Air shaped like 15 and 17 inch Macbook Pro's.
with no optical drive and ssd standard. I would love it (A)

(Please come out before the 2nd week of september)

FriarNurgle

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
I love the smell of rumors and speculations in the morning.

Let's see what could Apple come out with?

Mac - Something between a Mac Mini and a Mac Pro
MacBook - Something between MBA and MBP
MacTV - Something between ATV and MacMini or even HDTV and iMac
MacPico - Something between ATV and MacMini
MacPad - Something between an iPad, MBA, iMac...

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Wow, this is the first rumor we are hearing of this.
So let's consider based on the past rumors we have gotten

Apple has looked into Tv's, somehow combining the apple tv with a lcd tv. So that could be a possibility.

There was also the rumors of the 15" Air that is still a pro. So they might work that around and build a line around that maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.