Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new "Behind the Music" ad in the United Kingdom that promotes music-making on the Mac with portraits of artists.

"From bedroom studio to stadium tour, the British music scene is alive," the video description says. "See the emerging and the iconic, the graft and the glory, a glimpse behind the scenes and behind the music."

The ad is accompanied by a new page on Apple's website that says "Mac is the instrument of choice for musicians everywhere." The page highlights Apple's music software, including GarageBand, Logic Pro X, and MainStage 3.

The ad is part of Apple's larger "Behind the Mac" campaign launched last year.

Article Link: Apple Promotes Music-Making on Mac in New Ad

Suspended
Feb 24, 2006
I'm just here for the comments stating how dare Apple make an ad spotlighting the Mac's music-making capabilities when the company has clearly abandoned its professional base and inevitably within a few years we'll all be forced to use iPads with Smart Keyboards because Apple clearly doesn't think the Mac is important anymore. o_O:rolleyes:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
What about bringing back USB-A port? Or accompanying some fundamental ports that musicians use a lot? Or all of a sudden they are abandoning their working reliable $10k+ equipment to embrace USB-C?

Oh, I am sorry. We have DONGLES. My bad. Just pack dongles with their MacBook Pro. That's fine.

Reactions: Kevbasscat and aylk

triton100

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2010
The moon
Bring Logic to iOS. The next generation of creators are walking around with iPads in their backpacks and iPhones in their pockets — not Macs.
How would LPX transfer to touch screen gesture control with so many drop down windows etc ? That would seem very difficult to use smoothly and efficiently. Unless they reworked the experience for touch. Which they’ve already essential done with GarageBand ? Therefore the real question is not why don’t they bring LPX to iPad but why don’t they increase GBs capabilities more on par to LPXs and have two versions. A standard GB for beginners and a pro version for advanced users.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Lpx has grown into a beast. Though Cubase Pro 10 is extremely powerful too. ‘Possibly’ moreso... tho subjective

Yep, every studio I know tends to use Cubase so for mixing it must certainly be great. But for recording the raw DIs and sending it off to them to do the hard work with reamping etc., I personally use LPX.

For home use I love the loop record feature and the ease of editing; yes, Cubase has a similar feature but I love how easy it is in LPX. It runs beautifully even on my aging 2012 15" MBP whereas other DAWs are much slower and seemingly more unstable - likely due to my crappy hardware, but LPX doesn't mind. There are so many great plugins released for no additional cost (Alchemy as just one example) and there's no iLok required either.

Honestly I can't sing its praises enough. It probably won't ever have the marketshare because experienced producers know what they know and prefer something familiar, but for somebody buying their first Mac or looking to step into the industry, I couldn't in good faith recommend anything else. You get so much for your money.

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
Music isn’t limited to voice, and voice isn’t limited to singing. Open your mind; think different.

Music, as we know it:

vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.​

But does voicing (shouting) a "load of swear words which rhyme", voiced in sync with predictable body motions, produces harmony and beauty of form?

Not to me. And maybe, just maybe, I am not alone.

triton100

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2010
The moon

Apple today shared a new "Behind the Music" ad in the United Kingdom that promotes music-making on the Mac with portraits of artists.

"From bedroom studio to stadium tour, the British music scene is alive," the video description says. "See the emerging and the iconic, the graft and the glory, a glimpse behind the scenes and behind the music."

The ad is accompanied by a new page on Apple's website that says "Mac is the instrument of choice for musicians everywhere." The page highlights Apple's music software, including GarageBand, Logic Pro X, and MainStage 3.

The ad is part of Apple's larger "Behind the Mac" campaign launched last year.

Article Link: Apple Promotes Music-Making on Mac in New Ad
Actually thought this ad was weak compared to normal. Nothing interesting or clever about it and yet music is so important to the company. Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.