Apple Raises Mac Prices in Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, Norway, Malaysia, Mexico, Thailand and Turkey

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

Erm, yes. Yes we do.

2. Keniutek macrumors 6502a

Keniutek

Even if the NZ$ jumps to an all time high, don't expect Apple to lower the prices... they will take their sweet a** time to do it, if at all.

3. MH01, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015

MH01 Suspended

MH01

Last i checked these were made in China ;)

Unprofitable no...... It's about maintaining the profit margin. I thought the tax avoidance could at least cover these rate fluctuations .... :)

These increase/decreases are fine. It's the price hikes due to "currency" excuse that generates clickbait material. Usually along the lines, quick to increase, slow to decrease when it's the other way around etc etc. these stories create debate.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Are you serious ? No Apple Stores in NZ ???

Yes we need. because, just in case you don't know, there is life even outside US borders...

To buy an Apple product outside US has became extremely painful even for people with a good income (like me).
    Prices of Apple's products outside US are ridiculous.

5. retrem93409 Suspended

why do you refer to yourself as an ex-pat and not an immigrant?

6. doitdada Suspended

doitdada

I got one for 22300 from a third party retailer last evening, right after the hike in price. The top tier Macbook Pro 15 with dGPU starts at 27990 in Norway. A rMBP 15 with dGPU now costs 3500 in US dollars according to current exchange rates. Thats an extra 1000 dollars up from the original price in the US store, which is $ 2499.

This isn't a controlled corporate move, but an effect of the volatility of currency.

It sounds better or he is just too lazy to type the word immigrant. It requires a whopping extra amount of 3 extra key strokes. Thats hard on an Apple keyboard.

7. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

Unprofitable? I think you mean will not have the same margins. They could sell their products for much much less and still be profitable, but margins would be different.

8. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

At least the people of NZ will be safe in the knowledge that Apple is a stand up company who pays their fair share of ta..

.....oh, wait.

9. icecoldart macrumors member

icecoldart

I'm from Poland ( eastern Europe for those who do not know ;) ) and can totally relate to that price increase. 5 months ago the cost of 1usd was 3,19 pln. Ever since then it's about 3,7 pln for 1 usd.

The macbook pro 15" used to cost 8500 pln and does cost 9499 pln which is almost as insane as the prices in Brazil. If salaries here were as high as in the US, UK, Germany or so that would not be that big of an issue, I guess. But paying 9500 pln to us feels and really IS EXACTLY like paying 9500$ and that is insane! You can buy a used car for that money ffs.

10. KiwiAdventure Suspended

The American dollar is crashing as I write this and Apple lefts our price in New Zealand no problems though as I'll buy in America next year if I require a new Air as I definitely wouldn't buy the MacBook as it's slow. I mean the coloured wheel tuns in the Apple shop so what would it do in real life.

I do enjoy Apple products but Apple should pay tax and stop hiding it's money in countries who support companies who don't want to pay tax.

11. peterdevries, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

We wouldn't need them if the world would actually revolve around the USA (it doesn't though).

We don't need these kinds of posts from you though, and that is a pretty universal opinion I bet...

12. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

The new 15" rMBP is so expensive in Denmark that you could buy a round trip flight to Hong Kong, buy it there and still have some leftover money to pay for your hotel and food. That's...crazy.

13. joelhinch macrumors member

joelhinch

And Australia - 15" Base Retina MacBook Pro has gone up $600 (from $2499 to $3099) in 12 months. Crazy, won't be buying anytime soon.

14. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

Yep, so there is no better reason to pack your bags, make a list of Apple gadgets and some fashion shops, restaurants and go. I did it once to New York. Great decision. You only need to buy some Apple plug adaptors which even fit on the original product.

15. MH01 Suspended

MH01

https://locate.apple.com/nz/en/

Most places around the world do not have apple stores, that is the norm. You have to deal with resellers. And it's usually never plural , you are lucky to get one store in the countries they do exist in.

16. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

Yeah we already have 2 rMBPs in the house, both from separate trips to HK :p

17. KiwiAdventure Suspended

People like you we do not need.

18. sir1963nz macrumors 6502a

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the sale price.

19. dilbert99 macrumors 68020

Had to laugh...
    Perhaps the shareholders could take a hit and Apple could lower its cash reserves by not increasing prices. It is the customers after all that keeps Apple afloat.

20. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

The shareholders would only agree to this if it would increase profits in the long run. It will not happen though, because up till now Apple customers are less sensitive to price (hence the higher pricing segments in which Apple operates) than other customers. This doesn't hurt Apple, they know it and therefore are "brave" enough to increase their prices.

21. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

Warranty is not a guarantee that you will force them to spend money to fix your machine you know. Warranty is a 'might happen' and it doesn't happen so often and with everyone to warrant any substantial price increase. Use some common sense.

22. ginkobiloba macrumors 6502a

ginkobiloba

This is bad. Apple products have always been expensive, but now they are becoming downright luxury items.

Steve Jobs said once that the huge cash chest that Apple kept, was for crisis situations. This is one of them. If they keep the same prices , they can afford to take a hit on their margins and still be very profitable. Thats way, you keep your customers, while your competitors are forced to raise their prices ( and risk losing some of their customers), or not raise them and become unprofitable.

23. Keane16 macrumors 6502a

Keane16

There have been a few cases over the years.

We even got a nice one in the UK last year: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/18/mac-mini-apple-tv-europe-imac-uk-prices/

24. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

iPhone upgrades are minor and Mac upgrades are even more minor. Options are so ****ed up that you basically have to purchase top of the line BTO to have a good iMac. 16 GB iPhone for 800 Euro in Europe.

Haven't bought anything from Apple in a very long time and will continue to do so until they come to their senses.

Next year might be the first time ever i bought a PC. I already switched to Android.

God have mercy on my soul and screw you Apple.

25. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

They (Apple) didn't sell much in those countries anyway, regardless of the price point.
    Sucked in, I'm afraid if you were waiting for something special...
    Btw; Same thing in Aus :(