Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confuse

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2013
Buying or not

Hey you all! I just have one question, probubly very hard to answer but i ask it anyway.

I have never had a apple computer, i have an Iphone and Ipod and I really likes them.
I am now in a need of a computer(laptop) and I am just ending a longer trip in South America, but have a stop over in Miami for some hours. Iam thinking of buying the MBP with the retina screen.(its much cheaper in USA then back home) But after reading here on MacRumors Iam feeling very confused. Should i or should i not?

This upgrade that may come soon(?) is it worth waiting for? I dont know when ill be back in the states next time.

What i will use the computer for is; normal surfing on homepages, work with pictures in photoshop or simular programs, maybe play games? I like to travel with computer.

Maybe some one can give me a advice?

I will be in Miami 28th of may 2013.
Thanks.

Koulie

macrumors regular
May 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Hey you all! I just have one question, probubly very hard to answer but i ask it anyway.

I have never had a apple computer, i have an Iphone and Ipod and I really likes them.
I am now in a need of a computer(laptop) and I am just ending a longer trip in South America, but have a stop over in Miami for some hours. Iam thinking of buying the MBP with the retina screen.(its much cheaper in USA then back home) But after reading here on MacRumors Iam feeling very confused. Should i or should i not?

This upgrade that may come soon(?) is it worth waiting for? I dont know when ill be back in the states next time.

What i will use the computer for is; normal surfing on homepages, work with pictures in photoshop or simular programs, maybe play games? I like to travel with computer.

Maybe some one can give me a advice?

I will be in Miami 28th of may 2013.
Thanks.

The new Haswell Macbook line-up won't be out until June 11th earliest (rumor). I'd say go get yourself rMBP while in Miami, it will suit all your needs and beyond, may as well get it at a good price!

Nbapapa,

amit.pattjoshi

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2013
New MAC BOOK PRO huum..

Careful guys......:) sorry guys bt hope should nt be another Apple disaster..which gets heat like fire if you do any bit of extensive work ...Apple has forgot the purpose of laptop in a way to make it slimmer...So wait a while how it goes.. b4 u buy..;)

Suspended
Feb 24, 2011
I honestly hope that OSX 10.9 will make more of a "bang" than Haswell at WWDC

supposedly it will bring tabs in finder. basically something we have already since years, for cheap, with total finder (best add-on for bucks i've ever spent, just like total commander for windows!) ;-)

----------

i hope they introduce anti glare retina (although i don't believe it). the glare displays are so sucky to work with !! ... even though i like the idea of getting retina, the glare makes me sick and i refuse to work on it. would even pay extra for non-glare retina. i'm still on my 2011 macbook pro, max'd out with 2 SSDs in raid-0 and 16 gig ram, hires antiglare. they really have to offer something cool to make me buy in 2013 ... most probably i'll wait for the next gen in 2014.

ryanNL

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Hong kong
Buying mba

I m looking for haswell mba if rmbp isn't that expensive
I just bought an ivy bridge i7 3770k desktop for 1.5k usd
I wish apple get mba a retina display and 16gb ram & 802.11ac
But I guess 8gb is enough for app server & IDE
802.11ac is more. Important as I can run all server on my ivy bridge desktop
The rmbp price is too high, 2.5k-3k usd, I can get a real decent DIY workstation at the same price

AnneMarieMiller

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
I'm from Ireland and currently in the US. Considering buying a MacBook , just wondering where is the cheapest to buy and which is recommended? Would I be better off to try get it in the airport on the way home ? Or is that even possible ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.