Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgauss77

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
It does not matter if the self driving cars are 100 times safer. First death is a lawsuit for $ 100 million and the end of the program, followed by a crying jury, picture of the death, and posters calling Apple a killer. That is the way it is, we trust what we trust. Better to create a train like track that is free, paid by taxes, where all can ride like in DisneyLand. And no need for super computers on the approved track.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I barely want to give Apple my $1500 there's a snowball's chance I'm gonna pony up for 30k for an Apple vehicle.

LOL..he said 30k. Well, maybe he meant downpayment
[doublepost=1492202610][/doublepost]
It does not matter if the self driving cars are 100 times safer. First death is a lawsuit for $ 100 million and the end of the program, followed by a crying jury, picture of the death, and posters calling Apple a killer. That is the way it is, we trust what we trust. Better to create a train like track that is free, paid by taxes, where all can ride like in DisneyLand. And no need for super computers on the approved track.

Yep, pretty much. I'd never trust a self driving car.

Reactions: Col4bin

TitaniumTiti

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2014
This gets too old, Maps improved so much that it's on par with others.
Maybe if you live into the us, last time I try it, it wanted me to turn onto a bicycle road through a fence with my car! No it's not on par with google maps, no it's doesn't have public transportation on most city!

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
Wow, that came out of left field. The last set of rumors I heard was that the team at apple was disbanded and Apple was changing focus.

Which is precisely why taking any rumor seriously is foolish, even stupid. And in the case of tech blogs rumor morphs into fact much too often, especially when Apple is involved. Then when the released product doesn’t match the rumor-become-fact the ‘disappointed’ meme is trotted out along with trumped up explanations as to why the supposed ‘fact’ didn’t materialize. We’re seeing this right now with the Touch ID button on the back rumors. And guess which tech blog is the most responsible for stuff like this?

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I imagine the experience looking like...
car.jpg

That's way too conspicuous. This is better:
apple car.jpg

Reactions: pat500000

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
It does not matter if the self driving cars are 100 times safer. First death is a lawsuit for $ 100 million and the end of the program, followed by a crying jury, picture of the death,

Yep.

and posters calling Apple a killer.

Nope.

If it's Apple being sued, it will be the car's fault, the passenger's fault, the road's fault, the weather's fault, somehow Samsung will get some blame, something about using cheap Chinese chargers, and a good dose of "the laws should be changed so that relatives of people killed in these can't ever be allowed to sue Apple." After all, how do we know it wasn't the tire's fault, or the steering controls, the other driver's fault, aliens, etc?;)

Last edited:

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
How about side tracking this and fast tracking the new Mac Pro :D

You are probably not aware that Apple with more than 100,000 employees (2/3 of which are non-retail) has many different groups of engineers, designers, and other resources. And that car and MacPro development are not handled by the same group of people.
[doublepost=1492204697][/doublepost]
Wow, that came out of left field. The last set of rumors I heard was that the team at apple was disbanded and Apple was changing focus.

I'm certain that was a smokescreen to obfuscate what Apple is up to and to confuse competitors. Bob Mansfield coming on speaks volumes about how serious Apple is taking this.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I don't think the rumors said the project was disbanded but rather the focus was shifted to software. It makes sense because if you don't have the software right there's no reason to build a vehicle. But I'm still not convinced that Apple will be able to sell software for somebody else to use in their cars. All the big auto makers are already working on their own self driving vehicles. They don't need software from Apple.

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
First order of business will be to reduce the size of the battery in order to make the car thinner and lighter. So what if range is only 13 miles? It'll be SO thin and light that it's just magical!

(p.s. that image is pathetic. why do we need to look at a BMW with an Apple logo overlay that no one even bothered to shade?)
[doublepost=1492208398][/doublepost]

Because no one ever died on a train track at Disneyland, right?

Reactions: truettray

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
This gets too old, Maps improved so much that it's on par with others.

Maybe in the states. I've tried using Apple maps recently and been disappointed by the results. Still not on par with google IMO.

YMMV.

Also still lacks other forms of transport that google maps support.

Also a bit annoying - I have an appointment close by, instead of giving me estimated time of walking, iOS will give me the driving time. Yea - some of us have legs that will actually use to get from A to B and not A-> car -> destination!

Last edited:

cracksoup

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2014
Because I use Apple products?

You can skip my comments or not give your 2 cents if you dont like them.
So, all you do is complaining about Apple and their products and their way of running their business, but you use their products?
I guess it's because it's just trendy to hate on apple, then people like you go ahead and uses their products anyway.

Reactions: mejsric

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
And Mac Pro's are affiliated with Apple receiving Permits to Test self driving cars? You do know Apple has more than one Department that works on various projects within the Company?
Tell that to Timmy, before a couple weeks ago, he didn't have anyone working on the Mac Pro.

neutralguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2015
I want an Apple car with touch bar..no center console at all!! No steeeting wheel.. everything should be done by the touchbar!!

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
Where psychology proves the idiocy of humans.

Automatic cars with lower crash and failure rates than human driven cars still scare people...

mejsric

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2013
Because I use Apple products?

You can skip my comments or not give your 2 cents if you dont like them.

You should burn those probucts judging how much you hate Apple.

Btw, concern trolls, usually say they own the product.
"I own (insert product name) but (hate).

Reactions: cracksoup

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015

Sadly, you're totally right.

Humans deserve what they get in this world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.