Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
Anyone get it installed via OTA? I'm going to wait after close to fully bricking via direct download.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Someone who is jailbroken hack the beta profile to iOS 15.0 and see what happens ;)

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
Nah. Pretty clear to see what’s going on:

• COVID caused production delays on iPhone. So iPhone 12 was moved to October.
• they didn’t want to also delay the Watch and iPad, though. Nor did they want to ship them with 13.7. So 14.0 got finished.
• iPhone 12 (edit: and probably iPad Air!) will launch with 14.1.
• 14.1 may or may not become available on other devices. I’m guessing no, because no beta.
• 14.2 comes out around November/December.

This says nothing about quality, really. It just says that they’re reducing the needless coupling of software and hardware release.
Also noticed that for tvOS, 14.2 was released as well but no 14.1. A precursor to an updated ATV box coming during October event?

Reactions: gregsapphire

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
42BE571C-6EFA-4588-820F-453780B67855.png

I keep getting this error on iPadOS and iOS. Anyone else getting this error? I’ve tried everything. Restarts, deleting and re-pushed profile etc. this has been one of the most difficult updates to download and install in a long time.

Reactions: Craiguyver

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Wow, not even 14.1, they are moving straight to 14.2! iOS 14 must be in really bad shape to skip 14.1, then!
This is why reading comments on MR is completely useless if looking for real information. Shockingly ignorant and uninformed comment.

MR really needs a method where such comments can be downvoted into oblivion.

Craiguyver

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Ohio, USA
View attachment 954906

I keep getting this error on iPadOS and iOS. Anyone else getting this error? I’ve tried everything. Restarts, deleting and re-pushed profile etc. this has been one of the most difficult updates to download and install in a long time.

I don't have any answers but I'm having a similar issue with this same error, except from the final iPadOS 14 developer beta 8 to the official release version of iPadOS 14. I've tried everything... OTA update, downloading the IPSW, doing a restore in iTunes, and putting it into DFU mode. Nothing will work and make the iPad update. Frustrating issue.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
I'm staying in iOS 13.7, it is rock solid compared to the rocky mess that is iOS 14.0. I'm ok waiting for iOS 14.2 to hit GM.

You're the first person I've heard describe 14 as a mess. It actually fixes some 13.x bugs, too.

LeBilou

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
South Africa
Does anyone have WIFI calling issues on iOS 14 ? It doesn't work on my side since the GM, but used to work on the last betas.
Issue experienced on 11pro and SE. have tried different methods and network reset with no luck.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

jouster

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut
What problem do you have with 14? Been great for me even on betas and everyone I've talked to agrees.

I got hit by a bug that erased all my folders and dumped their apps into nine random screens. Was a real PITA regenerating my folder structure. The bug seems to have been around for a while and is related to moving widgets around.

• Haha

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
When will Homepod support Spotify? I only gave in and bought a Homepod because I thought support was coming in iOS14 and guess what... nothing.
No offence but that is on you — never buy a product based on features it MIGHT have in the future. Roadmaps change, partnerships end, anything can happen. Most importantly, since the two companies don't exactly like each other, that's a feature Apple will not run to incorporate.

• Sad

withitnow

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
View attachment 954906

My niece had this when updating her iPad to iOS 14. Only problem we’ve had. I did this to sort it.

Forget the WiFi network you’re on trying to install the update.

Delete the currently downloaded update in settings, general, iPhone storage.

Reboot the phone. Connect to your WiFi network again and restart the download process from scratch.

As I said this was her iPad issue on iOS 14 so the fix may not work for you but I hope it does.

• Haha

the_color_orange

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2014
South, South Texas
Tempted but I can’t. Last time I updated my iPhone to a beta after official release I went to buy the new iPhone. Couldn’t use my iCloud backup since the phone was on a higher version and needed to be at the version the iPhone came in. I’ll wait it off till the iPhone 12 since that one is coming in with 14.1 and the beta is at 14.2.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Does anyone have WIFI calling issues on iOS 14 ? It doesn't work on my side since the GM, but used to work on the last betas.
Issue experienced on 11pro and SE. have tried different methods and network reset with no luck.
Yes, I am having some intermittent issues with wifi, which I can't put my finger on the the cause. I noticed this midway into the beta cycle and hope Apple addresses this in either 14.1 or 14.2, pronto.

dca100

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Don't know about anyone else, but I've noticed an apparent bug where the clock widget on the home screen loses time!
Tried it 3 times yesterday after setting the city to London. After a few minutes it started running slow on each occasion.
The regular clock icon keeps the time just fine.

Hope that's fixed with 14.2

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Any word on when the public part might appear? I was testing on iPad Pro (and 14 seems fine to me last several including this GM). Might be fun to test again. I left my iPhone alone as I need it too much the iPad I can always go back if I want to.

Reactions: RevTEG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.