Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Interesting, with iOS 11 the TV app appeared and was installed, even though not being able to connect as not being rolled out yet in Germany. With the update to 11.1 Videos is available again.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Bam! I was having so many issues with this it was driving me bonkers. I asked someone why they hadn't responded to my email, they never received it because it was sitting in my dang outbox.

CreatorOfWorlds

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2017
It does seem a little smoother on my 8+. 3D touch lag still present, the animation when opening and closing apps seems smoother, and a little different. Still needs much polishing, but this is an improvement.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
maybe if beta testers were actually testing instead of thinking the purpose was to have it first we wouldn't need patches 7 days later
Wow really? Perhaps you should become a beta tester then. I am sure Apple would fix ALL your reported bugs immediately. :rolleyes:

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Chrome seems laggier :eek:

I just don't know what to tell you :)

Seriously though, it is odd that just yesterday, I had to use Chrome on my MacBook to complete an online password edit for my router because I couldn't get Safari to access the relevant portion of the webpage.

Zadigre

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
ipsw.me and download appropriate iOS firmware for the device and update using iTunes by either holding down "option" on mac or "shift" key on pc while pressing "update" and select 10.3.3 firmware. You must put iPhone on recovery mode by turning off device, connect device to iTunes by holding down home button on device. Just so you know, developer are no longer supporting 32 bit device after iOS 11 since Apple wants all apps to support 64 bit. When downloading apps, they will only download the last supported 32 bit on iOS 10.

you don't have to do all this for older devices that do not support iOS11...
10.3.3 will still be available (or whatever version Apple decides to release after that) for a long time through iTUnes.
Developer are still supporting 32 bits... Xcode will still compile apps for 10.3.3/32bits. In fact, most app right now are 32 and 64 bits. That said, yes developer can target iOS11 only which will mean that older devices will not have access to those apps.

PBMB

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2015
Strange. The update shows up but it does not download. I am trying since one hour at least, I rebooted once, and it is still stuck.

richard4339

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Illinois
Is it wishful thinking to hope that it fixes the horrible battery life issues?

Probably. But I’ll be even more ambitious and hope it means I can scroll through my home screen without a 1 second (or more) lag, and so on for all the other frequent 6s lag complaints.

Can't speak to the battery life yet, but the lag seems even worse somehow.

And now a few hours later, still can't speak to battery life, but my iPhone 6s actually feels like it's performing like it did prior to iOS 11. Maybe a little slower than when it came out on iOS 9, but nonetheless far better than it did even this morning. But time will tell.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is it wishful thinking to hope that it fixes the horrible battery life issues?

Is the home button lag or stuttering fixed?

Sounds like both of you have a dirty install from installing over top of iOS 10.x. Our two devices do not suffer from these issues you describe, so it's not an "iOS bug" that you may think it is, but rather just your devices not having a clean installation. Doing a fresh install will likely fix you up, and a hard-reset or choosing to Reset Network Settings may also help.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

afonsomduarte

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Portugal
Still doesn't fix home button lag and Wifi toggle bug. When I tap on it to disconnect and then lock and unlock the phone, when I pull up control centre it shows toggled on and connects on its own even though I disconnected prior to locking the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.